• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Midi the Squirrel

Kylo

Squirrel Maniac
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 20, 2014
OK, I'm starting this thread for anyone who wants to watch for updates on Midi the Squirrel. Right now, there's a demo available that works for Vista, but so far, I'm not sure if it works on any Mac engines because I don't have a Mac.

Here are some screenies:
screencap06.jpg

screencap01.jpg

screencap04.jpg

screencap11.jpg

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO

OK, so there's the link to download it. I won't be updating that demo anymore, but further updates to the full game will be shown in text logs and video recordings. One problem with the demo is that the final boss freezes the game after you kill him, so when he gets down to his last hit point, I suggest you quit, or you'll have to CTRL+ALT+DEL your computer. I can't solve this right now, so don't ask me to.

Currently, I have everything the demo includes, as well as the below loggings:

VIDEO 1

*Corrected hill detection so Midi doesn't bounce while going downhill.
*Enhanced missile homing so they don't orbit the enemies forever.
*Added caffeine shakes to make Midi run faster.
*Shortened required ladder hight for Midi to land.
*Added some enemies, so that there's actually something to do.
*Created a lame shop engine that will soon be replaced with a not-so-lame shop engine.
*Added talking NPCs.
*Completed the day/night clock engine.
*Working on the not lame version of the shop, but it resulted in Midi's death.
*Added a wall kick skill.
*Moved coffee into the pause menu.
*Added a canteen.

VIDEO 2

Back