• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Pokemon did you use the Master Ball on?

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Hello guys! I am interested to find out which Pokemon you used the Master Ball on :) And also, please state the other legendaries and what balls you caught them! If you can, please also state the amount of balls (Don't think dirty ^~^) of that type that you used it on (How many tries)

Rayquaza - Master Ball (1 Try, duh?)
Groudon - Ultra Ball (17 Tries)
Kyogre - Dive Ball (53 Tries no kidding!)

Latias - Pokeball (126 tries including the other times it escaped. I used a Pokeball as a last resort! :o)
Latios - Pokebal (0 tries, traded with my cousin for a Rayquaza that I have cloned once previously :P)

Regice, Regirock, Registeel: For all three Regi's, I didn't manage to catch them because I lost my Cartridge (T^T)

Jirachi - Ultra Ball (6 - 8 tries can't remember o.o)

Lugia - Killed it :'( (I found it at the Cave of Origin the first time I entered there to search for that Champion guy)

Post below how you caught them! :D

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Hello guys! I am interested to find out which Pokemon you used the Master Ball on :) And also, please state the other legendaries and what balls you caught them! If you can, please also state the amount of balls (Don't think dirty ^~^) of that type that you used it on (How many tries)

Rayquaza - Master Ball (1 Try, duh?)
Groudon - Ultra Ball (17 Tries)
Kyogre - Dive Ball (53 Tries no kidding!)

Latias - Pokeball (126 tries including the other times it escaped. I used a Pokeball as a last resort! :o)
Latios - Pokebal (0 tries, traded with my cousin for a Rayquaza that I have cloned once previously :P)

Regice, Regirock, Registeel: For all three Regi's, I didn't manage to catch them because I lost my Cartridge (T^T)

Jirachi - Ultra Ball (6 - 8 tries can't remember o.o)

Lugia - Killed it :'( (I found it at the Cave of Origin the first time I entered there to search for that Champion guy)

Post below how you caught them! :D

Lugia in Cave of Origin?
You used ultra balls on Jirachi which is colloseum exclusive?
Cheats?

Whatever,
I used my first Master Ball on an Altaria.(I didnt knew english back then so i thought it was adifferent colored pokebal
On my other runs i used them on the Eon pokemons for obvious reasons.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I don't use the Master Ball. I work hard to get things captured. Even runners.

Though in my original Sapphire, I used the Master Ball on Latias. Since I hate runners... I might have to do that again... xD

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
My first playthrough of Sapphire I used it on Kyogre, which was a bit of a waste. But normally I use it on a runner like Latias, since I have such a hard time catching them.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Lugia in Cave of Origin?
You used ultra balls on Jirachi which is colloseum exclusive?
Cheats?

Whatever,
I used my first Master Ball on an Altaria.(I didnt knew english back then so i thought it was adifferent colored pokebal
On my other runs i used them on the Eon pokemons for obvious reasons.

Yup, cheats :) I was like 8 back then, I could do things that I can't do now :o and I guess I was reaaaaaaaaally lucky. Back then, I had all the time in the world so I just kept running around the Cave of Origin because I knew it would be sealed later. I was really determined that there were rare Pokemon in there but wasn't expecting a Lugia.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I used it on an Oddish like a badass! It was completely unintentional though haha. When I ran into Latias I looked through my bag to find the master ball and it wasn't there so I assumed I just had forgotten to pick it up or something during the story, but then afterwards I checked through my box and it turns out I must've accidentally used it on an Oddish at some point since that had been caught with a master ball ._. I still managed to catch all the legendaries though, it was just a bit more of a challenge :D

ForYouu

Time Traveler
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2012
Sapphire

Kyogre - Pokeball.. with a level 20 zigzagoon! Yes, it was epic :)
Rayquaza - Ultra Ball, god knows how many tries.
Latias - Masterball. I found him while getting Rayquaza, my brother shouted and said "Use the Masterball!" I used it and got him :)
Regi's - Ultra Balls
Jirachi - I don't do events.
Deoxys - I don't do events.

Fire Red
Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos - Ultra Ball, hate them lol
Mewtwo - Ultra ball too, I have yet to use the masterball
Raikou (I chose Squirtle) yet to have found.. not that I'm playing it anymore lol.

thanks for listening :)

Years
My last full playthrough of Sapphire was so long ago that I couldn't tell you how many Ultra Balls I used on the different legendaries, but I do remember that I used my Master Ball on Latias. I think that was the last time I actually used a Master Ball on a legendary Pokemon in any game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
First Sapphire: Latias, I mean, it was impossible to track it down without Wynaut/Wobba or a Mean Looker, ect.

First Ruby: Shiny Numel, only had the Masterball on me so I figured why not!

Years
Sapphire- Latias. I got the game around 8 months after it came out and found out that everyone hated the dang roaming pokemon ;p I also defeated Kyogre because I ran into the fight with only great balls...

Emerald- I still haven't used a master ball in any of my plays. I like to keep it to prove that I don't need to use it. As for other legendaries:

Kyogre- Don't remember how many but I do remember that I almost cleared my whole ball pocket out :-/ Checked back and emerald says I caught it with a timer ball.
Groudon- I actually remember getting mad because I used 99 ultra balls (I cloned them) and didn't caught it but captured it with a regular pokeball.
Rayquaza- Don't remember how many pokeballs but my game says I caught it with a luxury ball (I also cloned them)

Regis- I caught them all with great balls :D

Latios- Ultra ball

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Thanks for the entries :) Keep them coming guys!

Years
In sapphire I used it on kyogre -.- and I caught latias with help of my awesome wobbufet :D
But now in ruby I'm planning to use my masterball on latios

Back