• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noob Problems

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
Years
Remember when you were younger, and had those derp moments, like the ones that people could make jokes about today? Yeah, those derp moments. Well, this thread is to share some of those derp moments that you had, or even make a joke about some of the things a new player might say/do

I'll go first :

"I can't play my pokemon game, because every time I try and step outside of Pallet town, this man always stops me, and i have to reset"

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
My first time playing pokemon was with my crystal version! I never could play it because I couldn't figure out how to leave the house! Since when are rugs doors? But my mom figured it out eventually, I was young haha

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
First time playing Blue, I didn't know how to get the old man from blocking the path to Viradian Forest, because I never read the dialogue on what I was suppose to do to trigger old man to stop blocking.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've had a few when playing Pokemon, I guess one of them was having trouble figuring out how to get past the boy/girl who was guarding the route north of Littleroot Town until you found your rival. I had to search eventually on how to do it, ahahaha, I didn't read the text on what the characters said back then, I just spammed the A button and then walked off. At least I learnt from that experience though. n__n;

Years
My first pokemon game was Yellow and i got lost in viridian forest for almost a week! My pikachu was lvl 22 by the time i found the exit. Now i can find the exit blindfolded lol

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
Also! In my first play through of Ruby in slateport, you couldnt go up north to the next town, maville town, or something? because team aqua or magma was blocking you. And when you talked to them they would call your pokemon weak. So i just thought you had to get your pokemon stronger. So i sat there a trained in the grass until my dustox hit like level 60 and the grass had wild pokemon at like level 20 0_o.
I grinded for like a week haha
Then I figured out you had to talk to someone in the boat house place, and just had a level 60 Dustox for most of the game haha

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
I used my Master Ball on a Tentacruel instead of Giratina.

^ My brother who just posted up there never forgave me.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
It took me literally one year to figure out how to get through Morty's gym in Pokemon Silver. SMH

zypher634

zypher634
Years
3 noob moments

moment 1. not knowing that you should replace ember with flamethrower and having 4 special fire type move all of different power. Derp

2. not knowing how to get out of little root in hoenn

3. finding a level 8 pidgeotto in viridian forest and being all wtf knowing pidgey doesn't evolve till lvl 18

kinataki

david tennant so much!
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2014
I used my masterball on tentacruel.. just because of its shape....

Years
Hmm lets see.

1. My first game was Sapphire, if I recall correctly. And you know when you in that town where a lot of aqua team members are standing outside in a row to...museum I believe, and you cant go forward before you do something? Well, I didn't know what that something was for a looooong time.

2. Same game, that island where you have to find someone, but it's dark and you can't see anything. Let's just say I had NO idea what FLASH is, so you can guess that I spent even loooooonger to find my way through.

3.My biggest mistake ever. FInally went to League in Emerald. "omg, omg about to win!"
"Playing this game on my COMPUTER is sooo fun!!"
And finally, I defeated league, credits start.
"Omg I should save this now on ALL 12 possible save slots!"
...few secs later....
"Save file is corrupted, bla bla"
...few more secs later...
"Hello, my name is Birch,and you just wasted xyz hours of your life, plus, you will never be able to see everything you've ever done in this game"
derp...fffffuuuuuuu

Back