• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What if we can speak a pokemons moves

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
Like instead of tapping on the screen we can actually just use the mic and speak out a pokemons moves

Years
Actually, I found this pic on serebii
14.jpg

What do you all think? Do you think the "directions" will be given through mic?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
It would defiantly be a very nice addition, although not the most feasible considering all the accents and languages that would be recorded for each type.

I guess you could teach your pokemon the moves in Pokemon Amie nintendogs style, in fact that would actually be really easy for GF to implement a system like that.

Years
One thing is for certain, it's the kind of thing that would be implemented and then used by absolutely no one.

I think Para-Dox's approach to it could certainly work though.

I don't think the 'directions' image leads us anywhere, that'll probably just be what it says while it waits for you to select a move the normal way.

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2013
honestly I think this would be the coolest thing ever. But I have a feeling that the mic in the 3ds is kind of cheap and would not be very good at picking these things up, eliminating background noise, ect.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
As long as it's optional, it would be a cool addition!

Of course, I stress, OPTIONAL. Fine if you're alone if your room, but if you're playing in public, it would be both too noisy for the mic to pic up, and embarrassing -and disruptive- to shout "PIKACHUU USE SMOOCH!" or something along those lines.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I would absolutely love this :D I hope it's a new feature. I loved the mic game on N64, not to mention this + the new bonding system = whole experience for me.

Romaov

Orra
Years
  • Seen Oct 7, 2016
As long as it's optional, it would be a cool addition!

Of course, I stress, OPTIONAL. Fine if you're alone if your room, but if you're playing in public, it would be both too noisy for the mic to pic up, and embarrassing -and disruptive- to shout "PIKACHUU USE SMOOCH!" or something along those lines.

Yeah thats true but I meant like It could be a side thing opposed to also being able to tap the screen

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
What I would love instead is to hear your character scream out the attack, rather than actually you doing it. I'm lazy I know, haha.

Warship

異議あり!
Years
while considered a gimmick for most people i think it would be a really cool addition. 3ds' mic is not so weak especially considering that phoenix wright's ds game had a feature where you can shout out "OBJECTION" without any visible problems. and we all know that 3ds is MUCH more powerful than a normal ds so it can support it.

Back