• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjon357

i was wondering if anyone uses skype anymore? i dont have my own computer (atm its at a relatives house far away) but i just wondered is pokemon still cool on skype? ugg wish i couldd find my comp....

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
Skype seems to have taken over as the people's choice for IM... especially with Live Messenger out the door. I wish Microsoft would have Skype have some of the features MSN did, but I guess one can only dream.

Sirfetch’d

I use skype everyday to talk to my PC friends, because its much simpler to stay in contact that way.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I still have my Skype account, and program installed on my PC, but I have not used it in over 8 months. My friends, family, and I always use the chat on Facebook - I'm thinking of uninstalling it if I'm not going to use it.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I have Skype and I use it to talk to people I met on PokeCommunity. Sometimes I use it to talk to my friend by voice chat. I don't really mind Skype, it's a good program. I prefer MSN. Maybe that's just because I've used MSN since 2005.

Years
I use Skype to talk with some friends I know from school, and I use it to talk to some of my closest online friends and my pair here at PC. I, too, miss MSN/live messenger because of its features.. and the thing with skype is that sometimes I forget to sign in with my Live ID (and use my Skype ID instead) and then my MSN contacts dont show up..

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't use skype as much anymore. The only time I use skype is when someone "wants me" to get on for a call, or just to talk. But otherwise, I just don't use it as much anymore.

When the PC Get-Together comes around, I'll use it a lot during that period. :P

Years
I don't use Skype right now and probably never will, because I'm one who never likes showing their face to the internet.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
I prefer MSN, but Skype has an appeal to it.

There's just something about the pre-VoIP days. I can't put my finger on it, but only being able to communicate via text is a million times better. At least in my opinion.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I use Skype as one of my go-to IM clients now, along with Google Hangouts. :3

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I just use Skype for IMing now since WLM got killed off. I still much prefer WLM and think Skype is inferior for text IMing, but...what are you going to do? It beats not talking to people at all.

I never use video or audio chat anyway, so that's kind of a moot point for me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm trying to use Skype more for the sake of my friends (since they prefer it), but I don't really like it. I like the Skyping bit of it, but most of my friends prefer instant messaging as opposed to video chatting.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
I used to use skype a lot to talk to people but as of recent I have kinda stopped talking to them and we just have to odd occasional IM chat, Wouldn't mind doing more skype chatting with people but msot people always busy now a days.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
I still use Skype and I use it a lot, specially when you want to talk with more than 1 person at the same time, it helps a lot, but mostly for calling.
I think now a days 80% of my chatting goes through WhatsApp, 16% Facebook Messenger and the other small % goes for Emails and SMS together.

Specially if you live alone in a country far away from family and former friends.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I usually chat with about three friends on Skype a day, one friend a week, and about everybody in a month. As soon as I get the computer from my brother, I slot in my Skype ID and wait for someone to come online.

Skype is a bit of a lag on IMs, though. I have trouble chatting with IMs on Skype since my friend only receives half my messages -_-.

Still Skype is usually where I wanna chat with my closer friends since I only have a few on PC and I wanna preserve our friendship lol

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I use Skype quite often. It's a useful tool for communicating with others and is a great place to hold group discussions. I find it to be a clean and nice-looking program (especially on Windows 8) and it doesn't consume too much memory, which is always a bonus.

I have noticed that my computer's start-up speed decreases when I set Skype as one of my starting programs, but that can easily be rectified by disabling it. Other than that, there really aren't any issues with Skype. Useful program, cheap, and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back