• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Black Infection [OOC/SU]

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Welcome to a new RP of mine.

Background

The organization known as Cipher has risen again. Only this time, they have succeeded. They created a virus from their original Shadow Pokemon plans by mutating the formerly beneficial virus called Pokerus. Now it simply turns any Pokemon who gets sick with the virus into a Shadow type with no help to the Pokemon. The leader of Cipher, who even after all these years is still unknown to everyone, began to take over the regions in the year 2011.

The year is now 2023, almost twenty years after Red's rise as the Kanto champion. The only regions not completely taken over are the joined Kanto and Johto, as well as Hoenn. However, Hoenn is suffering greatly, its isolation leaving it easy prey as Unova had been. Cities are fenced off to avoid Shadow Pokemon rampaging through the cities. You need a Trainer Card or a specific pass if you are not a trainer, to be given permission to pass through each Route. The Elite Four of Kanto and Johto have gone to assist Hoenn's cause, leaving the Gym Leaders the only lines of defense for the two regions. But there is only so much they can do.

Plot

This is where you come in. You are a trainer living either in Kanto or Johto about to take a trainer's journey. However, this Is not to become Champion. These eight badges will earn you the right to limb the perilous Mt. Silver and meet Red, the man who has supposedly been on Mt. Silver since he became a Champion all those years back. Apparently, he has one of the strongest Purification Stones in existence, not to mention the power he has could turn on Cipher and defeat them. What's the catch? Well there's two. The first is: Red will only come down if you beat him. The second is… you're not alone on this journey. There are others and only one of you can take on Red himself. So guess what? You're going to have to fight each other. Here's who you could be:

You could simply be a regular trainer, searching for the chance to be considered a master or find a way to save your home from the Shadow Pokemon. If that means beating Red, you're ready to give it a shot at least!

Or…
You could be a trainer who is looking to join Cipher. What better way to prove you have the skill than to end Red, the best of the best? You can also stamp out those other kids who could end the reign of this organization. And you can't just let that happen.

Each of you have your reasons for taking on this quest but you all know this: you have to be strong and endure if you want to survive Mt. Silver.

Gym Leaders

The Gym Leader roster has changed over this nineteen year period. Don't be surprised if you see them out of their buildings. They have to protect their cities after all, and their region. Keep on the lookout! For good or bad, meet your opponents.

Spoiler:

Pokemon and the Virus

The Shadow Virus has been infecting Pokemon all over the regions since roughly 2012. Not all Pokemon are infected, due to the fact that some Pokemon are immune to the Pokerus that it was created from. However a fair amount of wild Pokemon are infected, including babies in their eggs. If an uninfected Pokemon is caught in a Pokeball, the virus cannot affect it, the same goes to those already captured. The only way it can occur is if they are taken to a Cipher Base and it is done the old-fashioned way.

Pokemon cannot be cured from the stone in Agate and Time Flutes are nowhere to be found in any region. Oddly, strange, glowing green stones called Purify Stones have been appearing all over the world of Pokemon. When a Pokemon's heart is completely purified, the Stone responds and cleanses the Virus. They are not always one-use, but sometimes they don't last long and others their power remains strong no matter how many times it is used. Most only work on one Pokemon at a time though.

Not all Pokemon have been infected, so not every Pokemon is a Shadow Pokemon. Pokemon that appear on the routes are the ones that are known to be there. However, there will be a message on the radio that warns of a random Swarm. It is advised to avoid these unless you believe your Pokemon can take it. The Swarm Pokemon are usually about four levels higher than expected.

Pokeballs of all kinds can be used to capture like always, however, do not simply use Master Balls each time. I won't say whether you can capture your Pokemon but I will expect decent quality. Also, you will not be able to obtain a Snag Machine, such as the ones Cipher generally uses, until your fourth badge, even if you are working to be a part of Cipher. The agents won't believe you either.

Rules

-All PC rules apply.

-This RP is rated T for language and violence. Keep the romance clean.

-Most of this Roleplay you're on your own. Occasionally, you may get a PM from me for something important.

-Bunnying (Unless given permission) and godmodding are naturally forbidden as are short posts unless you are talking to another roleplayer but if you battle another roleplayer please joint post it.

-Please verify all Gym Leader Teams with me before you post their battles.

-Battles with ordinary wild Pokemon gain one level, Shadow Pokemon give you two (not all are Shadow so don't try), and trainer fights add two to the winner, one to the loser. If you use more than one, it depends on who won each one-on-one match.

-Purification of Shadow Pokemon comes with one Egg Move, which I decide once you show me the Pokemon and its experience points. Purification is not mandatory but it is recommended, even for Cipher Trainers, due to the fact that there is the likelihood of the Pokemon attacking your character and your limited moveset.

-Your first Pokemon is level ten.

-All sign-ups belong in this thread, anyone who posts their sheet in the main thread will not be accepted.

-You have two chances to break these rules. On the third, you are thrown out, end of discussion.
-Be active. Enjoy yourself!

Trainer Profile Sheet

Name: (First and Last, nicknames and middle names are optional.)
Age: (10+ please, unless your history and personality explain it well enough)
Hometown: (City, Region. You can make one up if you don't want to use the regular ones or pick one from the anime.)
Ordinary Trainer or Cipher Trainer?

Appearance: (Pictures are allowed but I would like a description. What do they look like, can even be outlandish. Any disfigurements, scars, notable tattoos even? One paragraph minimum.)

Personality: (How do they behave alone? With Pokemon? With other human beings? Against the enemy? Two paragraphs minimum)

History: (How was their early life? Did they grow up with parents? Did they grow up alone? How was their interaction with Pokemon or possibly lack thereof? What made them decide to go to take their Pokemon journey to reach Mt Silver? Or why did they decide to become a member of Cipher? Two paragraphs minimum)

Other: (Any special abilities, little ones like good climbing to even untrained psychic abilities, any little quirks or hobbies we might be interested in?)

Starter Profile (1 only)

Species: (Unevolved and non Legendary.)
Nickname: (optional)
Infected?: (Was it infected and purified from the Virus? Or was it not infected?)
History: (When did you get them? How did they live before being captured, if they were?)
Personality: (How do they behave around their trainer? Regular humans? Other Pokemon, wild or under command of another trainer?)
Moves: Level Ten moves (along with one Egg Move and TM move of your choosing. Four moves limit.)
Other: (Any odd traits you'd like to share? Shininess does not count and will only be given to exemplary SUs)

My Character

Spoiler:

Roleplayers

Ordinary Trainers
1.Taken by Fuyu (Naren Warren)
2.Taken by Nideous (Scott Burge)
3. Reserved by Roserade
5. Taken by GfPavel (Paul Wilder)
6. Reserved by Wolf in the Rain

Cipher Trainers
1. Taken by crebirk (Zack Avain)
2. Taken by Kiyoshi the Polar Bear (Dominique "Nique" Yonna)
3. Reserved for Flame Mistress
4. Reserved for CybeastSaber
5. Reserved by Strikit
6. Taken by Zapdos926

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2014
Rservation for Ordianry Trainer. I'll edit my SU in this post. ^^

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Name: Scott Burge (Wes and Micheal didn't actually have a last name, so I made one up for them.)
Hometown: Krane's Lab, Orre. Now living in New Bark Town, Johto
Ordinary Trainer

Appearance: Scott is about average height and weight for his age. He has dark blue eyes that are very open and friendly. His hair is brown, with some slightly red highlights. It is also very spiky looking. He keeps it loose and lets it fall over his ears and forhead, but he keeps it trimmed so it doesn't fall in his eyes. He has a small scar just above his left eye that was from an accident several years ago.

His clothing is relatively simple. He wears a black pair of jeans and a red sleeveless shirt. He has a pair of black pair of running shoes. On top of his shirt he wears a long white coat. This coat reaches the ground, and has several emblems on it. It also has an intricate green pattern on the back that resembles an eagle.

Personality: Scott is friendly and easy going. He tends to not sweat the small stuff. He has a genuine interest in helping others, and is not afraid to step up and do what he thinks is right. He has a strong sense of justice, and does not like to stand by and let things get messed up. On the whole, he doesn't get angry very often. When he's alone, he has a tendancy to brood on what has happened to him and his family. He holds a grudge against Cipher, and will destroy them at every opportunity he can.

Around pokemon, Scott is even more friendly. He loves them with all his heart, especially his Eevee. He understands that most of the time they are just doing what they are told or acting on instinct, so he doesn't get mad at them if they attack him. He hates what Cipher has done to them, and will try his best to purify every shadow pokemon he can. He pushes his own pokemon to be the best that they can be, but is quick to rest with them, and even play with them.

History: Scott is the son of Micheal, the man who took down cipher the last ime. He lived in the Krane Reseach Lab with his father and Aunt Jovi until Cipher attacked them. Micheal gave his son an Eevee and sent him and Jovi to escape while he held Cipher off with his own fierce team. Jovi and Scott got on Micheal's old hover scooter and were chased by some of the Cipher peons. Scott fell off the Scooter and his head was sliced open when he landed on the ground. Scott got back up and battled the Cipher peon and beat him, then he made his way to Agate Village.

He hid there for a time, and when he heard nothing from his father and his aunt, he feared the worst. All too soon, Cipher tracked him down and he fled again. This time he knew of only one safe place. He had to get out of Orre. He went back to the Krane Lab, to find it in shambles. Luckily for him, his grandfather's hover-cycle was still in the basement where it had been. Scott started it up and took off to Kanto. Unfortunately, He was a teerrible driver and the bike was old, and he crashed it. The bike was totally destroyed and Scott was knock out from the crash. But he was found by Professor Elm and taken to New Bark Town to recover.

Elm told Scott what had been going on in the other regions. When Scott asked him what had happened to his family, Elm couldn't tell him. He didn't know what had become of them. Scott was saddened by this, but he also grew a resentment toward Cipher. They had taken everything from him. And he was going to stop them, just like his father and grandfather had. Armed with the Shadow Scouter and his Eevee (the Snag Machine that was attached to it had broken long ago), he set out to collect the badges and meet Red.

Other: Scott has the Shadow Scouter that Micheal had in Gale of Darkness.

Starter Profile (1 only)

Species: Eevee
Infected?: Not infected
History: Eevee is descended from Micheal's eevee, who was presumably descended from Wes's Espeon and Umbreon. She was raised from an egg in the Krane Research Lab, where she met Scott and the two bonded instantly. Micheal didn't officiallygive her to Scott until Cipher attacked them, but they all knew she was going to stay with him.
Personality: Eevee is just as friendly as her trainer is. It doesn't matter whether you are a human or a pokemon. But she picks up on Scott's moods very well, and will become agressive and defensive if he is threatened.
Moves: Tackle, Sand Attack, Detect (Egg move), Shadow Ball (TM move)
Other: Eevee is shiny. :D

There! I finally got that done! It took me forever to do!

Edit: With the addition of Caelara to my team I decided to finally put my inventory here where it will be easier to find.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
If you want a shiny you may have a Shiny Eevee :D

Nideous

Years
Awesome! Thank you! :D I'm going to add that to my SU now.

Edit: I wonder... I wonder if we'll meet the awesome disco man with his Afro that was bigger than my Espeon in Gale of Darkness. Don't tell me if we will or not. I want to be surprised if we do!

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
You got it! And I love Miror B! XD He was amazing in the first game.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Yeah but his outfit wasn't as cool. XD But he was awesome. I think I should probably play a Cipher Trainer. That one doesn't seem like it's going to get many people. XD

Nideous

Years
His awesome music more than made up for his outfit. Except the big three inch heels he was wearing. I can never forgive him for that! XD

And I'm not sure very many people would play a Cipher trainer. Especially after what they do. Oh well. It's no problem for me if no one wants to be a Cipher trainer. XO

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
That's true but I figured I would offer it.. I don't think anyone forgives the heels. But I do love his music

Nideous

Years
What gets me is how he is able to run and dance in them. XD

And yeah, I get what you're saying. Someone might want to be a villain and fight for Cipher. Eventually.

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
The heels are magic!... Or something. And there could be all reasons you were in Cipher, aside from being a jerk. Probably.

Nideous

Years
Hey Crebirk! Considering that there's only me and Fuyu, not counting the reserves that have reserved, I would think not.

And as for reasons for being in Cipher, well it would have to be a good one. Scott wouldn't take too kindly to people that just wanted to join them just to be contrary. Also, I was looking at your SU. Who is Nadia? You mention her several times in the SU, but you never say who she is. Or am I missing something and Nadia and Naren are the same person? I'm so confused! XO

Fuyu

Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
It just opened so nope! Come on in and sign up.

Edit: yeah that's Naren, but I originally called her Nadia. Thought I got them all. I'll fix it lol. It would have to be a good reason for sure.

Back