• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokémon: Weavile's Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years
Welcome to
Pokémon: Weavile's Revenge

Introduction:
Hi all, Blazing Inferno here with my third project.
Third times the charm!
So this game comes from my childhood essentially. Its first production stage started a few years ago (roughly in 2009 I think), as a more of a way of filling in time and also learning how to use RMXP. It's development from starting it till about 6 months ago, not a lot of progress had been made on it. As I wasn't very experienced in using RMXP.
So it now has become my 'focus' game as I have a stronger connection with this one than any others I have started.

History:
It is all about a small town called Ponario and the Pokemon that live within it. Before the town was made, the group of Pokemon, lead by a Pikachu and Raichu, were out looking for a place to settle down for them and the rest of their friends. While they were searching, they came across a wounded Ponyta. Coming to her rescue the Swampert, the friends doctor, healed her to the best he could under the conditions. Then she awoke and notices that 'he' is coming back. 'He' turns out to be Weavile, who is the worst of the worst and he has brought his two top minions with him; Drapion and Vigoroth.
After they dispatch of Pikachu and the gang, they focus on Ponyta. Then out of nowhere Lucario appears and puts an end to Weavile's attack, sending him and his minions away with Weavile swearing his revenge.

Town History:
This section just provides a short overview of what other Pokemon lived in Ponario. Without it could later on confuse people. It is in a very rough state at the moment as I needed to add it along with update v0.3.
Spoiler:

Story:
The story is based upon the event that happened in the past, Weavile's attack and therefore his revenge. From the beginning, it all starts but telling you the story of the Legendary Guardians, who roam their lands to protect and watch over every Pokemon that is within. You are then told the basic story of how Ponario came to be. Awaking from sleep, you are awoken by your mother, Sceptile and told to get moving, or you will miss you last day of school. And so it begins...

So you start off as Grovyle, but as the story progresses, you will find yourself to be many of the town's unique Pokemon.

As far as the storyline goes, the first part is the 'pre-main' storyline, that's what I am calling it, then it will have a while where you can explore the 'region' doing quests, small storyish parts and then the biggest part I have so far, the main story. I am not going to say much, as it will give away too much of what yet is to come. But I will say this:

"The story evolves into an epic saga of revenge, survival, discovery, love and mystery."

Progression:
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
(larger than normal screens)
Spoiler:

Features:
- Interactive Battle System
Spoiler:
**I would like to point out that this system is not perfect yet and you might experience a few 'bugs'. They centre around the HP bars and numbers.**
**They don't effect anything other than the battle itself, but it is still playable.**

Download:
Game:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/z5vzx1xh2u6bw6e/Pokemon_Weavile's_Revenge_v0.3.exe
Save file (Current event): http://www.mediafire.com/download/80zbur3mqmse1hj/Save1.rxdata

Game with mouse control:
Spoiler:

Limited music throughout the demo.

Bugs/faults I know of:
Spoiler:

All comments and criticism is welcome.

Credits:
Spoiler:

Team:
Only me at the moment

Support bars:
by joeyhugg
Show your support by using one of these!
WeavilesRevenge1_zps2c024a11.png

Spoiler:
WeavilesRevenge2_zpsc70263e6.png

Spoiler:
WeavilesRevenge3_zps1ee853b5.png

Spoiler:
WeavilesRevenge4_zpsaee126bc.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
This game looks awesome, I had a idea like this once, when you don't use pokemon essentials and you just create your own pokemon world from scratch. I'll definately support this. Contact me when you get a support bar or anything like that.

Kyther

Years
Dradier234, thanks. Yeah well this game was started before I knew about essentials and even here. That was a few years ago, but not much progress had happened and many visual changes have gone through this game.

I will be adding a video link soon that shows the changes made to the town Ponario.

Kyther

Years
No more posts?

Anyway, for those watching. I had a great idea the other night.
See, I wanted to implement battles into this game but I wanted to steer away from the normal. So I didn't put any battles in. But the other night an idea struck me. A Brand New Battle System! Well I hope it is new...

So my idea was to have a battle 'in the field' on a map, its own map, like a side on view of the battle. This idea also included 'new', again hopefully new, features for a battle. New options to think about to 'extend and complicate' battles.
All options are:
Spoiler:

So this is what I have been working on yesterday and today, and it is operational, only with two Pokemon and the standard RMXP animations for 16 attacks (using 9 animations).
However, because I am not good at scripting (yet, I am studying to be a software engineer) this entire system has been made through common events. If anyone want to take a look at my work to make it into a script would be wonderful. Just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Although I am okay using it in its current state for the time being.

I would believe that some people would disagree with my choice but I wanted something different to other games to bring an extra 'sparkle' to this.

Kyther

Years
This game is still very much alive. It shall not die!

A bit too much I suppose but I do have a small update.
As it turns out in the Bugs/faults section, the crashing is not caused by 'houses' as such. I am certain that it is just my RGSS player. It just stops working now and then which causes me a great deal of trouble for testing.

Current doings:
Working on Metagross's side quest thing. This is where my RGSS player is annoying me. It stops working when changing to the second room. Soon to be working on the rest. (These are to do with the choices at the end of the demo.)
Adding to the post story line, which is kind of the main. Confusing to anyone??
Have just finished tweaking Ponario. Will have to download the next demo to see what I have done. Not too sure when that will happen, but not for a while as not much story content has been added to the current version.

After posting the previous post, the battle system kind of bugged out after I added a third Pokemon to the 'list'. But that is all fixed however, it does need some 'cleaning up' as it is a little messy to look through. Still using common events for it.

Anyone who has actually downloaded and played the posted demo, PLEASE give me some advice and/or criticism, likes/dislikes.
I would love some feedback!

EDIT: Added some more screenshots to the main post

Last edited:

Kyther

Years
Hey everyone.

Small update and a question

Current doings:
- Metagross's side quest done
- More map tweaking
- Added a player health bar to battles
- Fully working with numbers and a health bar
Starting to work on next story event (after side quest)
Added more to the main storyline

Question:
Can someone tell me whether the demo is actually downloadable??
I tried it when I first uploaded it and it worked then, but a tried again a little while ago and it didn't work.

Thanks to whoever answers.

Oh and one more thing.
Probably no good if the demo is accessible, but I would like suggestions to for name of the 'double' Pokemon within Ponario.
Charla is the only one that I have for the moment.
Any suggestions are welcome, better yet, ones that tie in with the Pokemon's species name.

Thanks guys!

Edit:
Can someone tell me why my main post stuffs up everytime I edit it. It always has large spaces put where they are not meant to be, extra spoilers get put in and text gets aligned else where.

Last edited:

Kyther

Years
Just a little note to add.

Changed the demo link in the main post. Demo now has some more content and think I have fixed my RGSS player problem.

Still looking for names of the double Pokemon in Ponario. Realised that I missed one that I already have.
Names that I have:
Charla - mother Charizard
Chari - baby Charmander

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Hmmm, I notice that it is called Ponario: Weaviles Revenge, not Pokemon: Weaviles Revenge. It might help if you include Pokemon in it, so people might know it is a Pokemon game.

Kyther

Years
Thanks for your concern, but I wanted to call it Ponario: Weavile's Revenge for the fact that it revolves around the town of Ponario and I didn't really want Pokemon in the name. But as said in the main post, this title is not permanent. Choosing names/titles for things has never been by strong point. It usually takes me a while to find a name that I like.

Kyther

Years
Hey everyone. Sorry that there has ot been many updates of this lately. The reason for that is I am in the last two weeks of uni for this semester now, an it is just so hands on.
Don't worry though, as afterwards I will be having just over three weeks holidays before I start my winter term studies. So a lot will be hopefully happening in one weeks time. I have adjusted my tileset to make mapping eaiser, but other than that not much else.

I will also put that video up I promised of how Ponario has changed by the end of next week. Just need some music for the background, but if I still haven't gotten any by then, I'll put it up anyway.

For those who have downloaded the game, I know that there al least six of you out there, I just hope they are from PC, what type of housing do you like better?? The rock interior or normal house interior?? Share your thoughts people, because I know you have some!!

Catch everyone in a week if not sooner!!

Kyther

Years
Hey everyone. As promised, I have a uploaded a video of the changes that Ponario has gone through, a little delayed I know. Here is the link. Please let me know what you think.

EDIT:
Alright. So I think it is time that I get a new picture up for you guys. Here is the southern part of the forest.
Warning: Sort of large (1600 x 915)
Spoiler:

Also, I have noticed that the current game that is up for download isn't working as it should, due to some careless condition settings. I am fixing it as of now and will soon be uploading the fixed one, with a new event. Would have been noticed sooner if anyone had told me about it but I do recognise that I should have made sure everything was working as supposed to.

Last edited:

Kyther

Years
Hey everyone. I have the updated demo ready but having some problems uploading it (my internet I think). Not to worry though, I will have it up by the end of next week at the very latest but most likely sooner. I will post here when it goes up.

Kyther

Years
Thanks lemanu99. I can't wait as well! I really want to get to the main storyline area, but that will take some time.

Still working on the game, just running into some drawbacks as to whom I want in the places. So, characters are my enemy at the moment. Not much has been added since the update, but gradual progress is being made.
The battle system still needs some adjustments and to be scripted one day, but this is something that I am working on over time.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I just played the demo and enjoyed this very much- was about to create a game like this, and this has inspired me! Good luck to you!

Edit: I made you some userbars!

To use these, click "Quote" in the bottom right to get the code. Sorry, don't know how to give it out without it turning into the userbar.

Last edited:

Kyther

Years
I just played the demo and enjoyed this very much- was about to create a game like this, and this has inspired me! Good luck to you!

Glad you enjoyed the game and thanks for the userbars!

Progress is still slow. I will be picking up the pace a bit more for the second half of this month and hopefully have enough new content for another update.
Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I think I found a way to display the userbars:

WeavilesRevenge1_zps2c024a11.png
Code:
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/Joeyhugg/Userbars/WeavilesRevenge1_zps2c024a11.png
WeavilesRevenge2_zpsc70263e6.png
Code:
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/Joeyhugg/Userbars/WeavilesRevenge2_zpsc70263e6.png
WeavilesRevenge3_zps1ee853b5.png
Code:
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/Joeyhugg/Userbars/WeavilesRevenge3_zps1ee853b5.png
WeavilesRevenge4_zpsaee126bc.png
Code:
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af109/Joeyhugg/Userbars/WeavilesRevenge4_zpsaee126bc.png

th3shark

Develops in AS3/C++
Years
Pretty neat stuff! I like stories that start off seemingly innocent and calm with rising tensions over time. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Kyther

Years
Pretty neat stuff! I like stories that start off seemingly innocent and calm with rising tensions over time. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this.
Thanks, I am glad you like it.

Sorry guys I haven't posted in a while. The past few days I have been trying to catch up making content so there could be an update. But sadly there will not be one for a bit longer, unless you guys say otherwise. Which brings me to the new poll:
How would you rather the updates?
1 - Have a decent amount of new events = would take longer (potentially)
2 - Have one around each month, much less content (sort of doing it already, by accident)

Both would really depend on how much time I put into this, as well as me not getting stuck on what should be hmm...implemented I suppose.

So for what I have done:
Spoiler:

Though that I should show something new.
Image of Resort town
Spoiler:

Map mostly completed but could do with a few tweaks here and there.

Now, if you really want to have the very small update that it could be, let me know. But if you do, I have realized that it might actually be a bit confusing no matter who you would choose.
Now if you have read my first post, most likely you have, you would know that this game essentially comes from my childhood, so there are a few things about it that you don't know.

For instance:
There were/are a few other Pokemon that lived in Ponario before they left, and went on an adventure or to other towns/cities. More is to come on this, as I will add either a history section in the first post, or add some sort of cut-scene/movie type thing at the beginning of the game. (This again can be decided by you guys)

For now, I will leave you to the current update poll and continue working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back