• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I am definitely not Abraham Lincoln

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
But I am your friendly neighborhood Pokémon fan!
So I'm Nottingham; I like things. Never met many people who didn't, but those few who did have got their own sets of issues, so there you go.
What is there to say that's interesting...

I always go with the grass starter first; it's like my own personal rule. Green isn't even my favorite color, it's just a thing I do. I'm afraid if I broke the mold and chose Fennekin first or something, karma would dictate I be struck by lightning by altering the paradigm by changing the natural order.
I'm not even sure that was interesting...

I like anime. It's cool. People who knock it can lock it in their socket and get the f-
Psyche, I actually read the rules. As refreshing as a Snorlax giving you a back massage, right?
Pardoning my terrible analogy, I do hope to have a good time posting here from rousing discussion that'll blow me away.
You think those innuendos are bad, you should see me IRL.
Which you probably won't.
Unless you're a pretty lady.
Or my bro.
OR a walrus.

This is already too long, but in all seriousness this looks like a cool place, looking forward to getting to know the PokéCommunity here.

Last edited:
Years
Oh hey a One Piece fan... some of our members are gonna love you. We have a few people around here who really love One Piece. One of them even tried to make me watch it, heheh. Welcome to PC, Nottingham! :D

I'll start off by linking you to our One Piece fanclub since I'm pretty sure you'll be interested in that. There are so many episodes so I need an even bigger push to watch it all the way through... maybe you'll be able to provide that, hehe. Your avatar and signature are pretty awesome. Perhaps you'll find some other clubs you're interested in exploring while you're browsing the Clubs & Groups section too, so that's something to do while you're here assuming you have interest in such! :)

ALSO I am totally the same with the grass starters! Except I really like green myself. They tend to be really cute and fun to use, even though they're a bit tough to train in some games (I'm lookin' at you, Chikorita). Chespin has the most potential when it comes to its evolutions so I'm very hyped to see what they'll look like. Hopefully Pokemon brings even more awesome starter forms to the table - will be hoping I'm not let down. Proud of you for saying you read the rules and even prouder that your introduction was such an amusing read though, yep. Provided me a good chuckle amidst an otherwise uneventful day.

Since you seem awesome, I'll really be hoping you don't disappear and stick around here for a long while to come. Stop by whatever boards you're interested in and just contact a staff member if you need anything! Seems like you're already aware of that though, so I'll leave you to it. Have fun!

SylphyStarr

SylpyStar
Years
Aha your intro is so much better than mine, I'm jealous and feel compelled to talk to you so it definitely did it's job :D

I just joined less than an hour ago as well ^-^ Nice to meetcha

Nottingham

We are on the cruise!
Years
Very generous welcome

Wow.
That's like, the most in-depth and reassuring welcome I've ever received from a forum.
You need a prize.
(I was going to post a picture of a dancing pickle, but apparently I need more posts to post outside URLs, so it'll have to wait).

But thanks, I'll be sure to check out the clubs section! And I hear you; replaying SoulSilver with Chikorita was a bit harder than what I'm used to. Actually, back with Silver Version, I only played with Meganium, so I took on the E4 with my Lvl. 79 Meganium. Kids sure do the darnedest things.
I'm hoping the same for Chespin; I nearly had a heart attack when a fake Pokédex leaked saying he would be Grass/Flying.
But glad I could make your day that just a bit better and I'll be sure to ask if I'm confused about anything (which sadly might be more likely than for most), thanks!

EDIT:
Aha your intro is so much better than mine, I'm jealous and feel compelled to talk to you so it definitely did it's job :D

I just joined less than an hour ago as well ^-^ Nice to meetcha

One Piece is the bee's knees.

Thanks Sylph, good to meetcha too!
And Brave, dude, you're speaking my lingo compadre. I dig it.

Back