• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen So, spoilers!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Do you plan to avoid spoilers about the games completely, other than the names/starters (or even less than that), or do you plan to know every single thing possible until you JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE? Share how you'll get through most of this year in terms of avoiding spoilers or not!

blue

gucci
Years
I won't be able to resist, with the International Release commencing at the same time it will be easier.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Yeah, having a worldwide release makes it a lot easier for me with spoilers.

As for how I go on spoilers I would just peek at some of the spoilers just to give something to go on. I cannot not look at spoilers but I don't like enough that ruins the whole game for me.

Renyui!

ascender
Years
I'd reaaaaally like to say that'd I'll be avoiding spoilers. I really want this to be an awesome experience, being the first mainstream 3D Pokemon. However, I don't know if I'll be able to hold out! D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Shush okay Jake. D< Some people might avoid everything for the most part!!

But ya, for me I'm going to be fully into all the information because the thing I love the most of new games is SPECULATION PERIODS and that is right now, wooo. SO through speculation comes spoilers and stuff yayyy.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Speculation is fine! Leaks are okay! As soon as I don't have to hide boards from my view during several months anymore I'm fine with the pre-release speculation XD

Guy

just a guy
Years
If I'm not here indulging myself on Generation VI news or browsing Serebii's main page, then some of my friends on twitter (aka some of you freaks. just kidding, love you) will definitely be tweeting spoilers about the new games.

When it comes to something as big as this, I just can't help myself. I have to know and see everything that will be coming up in the newest games. To say the least, I'm not hiding from any new information we get leading up to X and Y's release in October. This is now a Need-To-Know priority folks.

Also, speculation is so much fun.

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE RIGHT NOW! IT'S COMING OUT IN OCTOBER FOR GOODNESS SAKE! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! Even though I haven't even finished White 2... but then again, I hadn't finished SoulSilver before moving on to White, and I still haven't!!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'll try and avoid them yes, key word, try. Actually international release means we'll know just as much as the Japanese do so it'll be way easier to avoid spoilers and they won't be too significant if I see some.

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I'll try and avoid them yes, key word, try. Actually international release means we'll know just as much as the Japanese do so it'll be way easier to avoid spoilers and they won't be too significant if I see some.

Totally agreed. This time we only get to know what Nintendo/GameFreak publishes and honestly, I doubt they'll release too much. Maybe the new Pokés (but not all at all), some gameplay stuff and places. But I can live with that :D I mean how many of you couldn't wait to see this new information coming after they knew that something will be announced today?? :D

With the older games it was harder to NOT get to know in-game details because we had to wait like ages for the versions to be released and the Japanese versions got slaughtered... But this time it's different ;D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I always always avoid spoilers.And hopefully the worldwide release will help with that process.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I'm immune to spoilers, so I'll just read what I find - if knowing what's going to happen ruins the experience for me, that's the game's fault for being of poor quality, not my fault for knowing spoilers.

Years
I will end up looking at the Pokemon available in the games, but other than that, I am going to stay clear of spoilers as much as possible.​

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
As usual for new games, especially when they're the start of a new generation, I'm gonna try and avoid spoilers as much as possible. I rather not ruin the games for me by learning all about the story as much as I can, but I may look over some of the new features and characters such as the Gym Leaders. With the games being simultaneously released worldwide, this time it's much easier.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
Wow..Visiting after MONTHS. I'll do the same thing i di with Gen V. Avoid storyline spoilers but look out for revealed pokemons.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
Years
I'll let myself learn the basic info - what the region's based on, what the professor and our rival will look like - but I'll try to avoid anything past that. Before the release of Gen V I had avatars and signatures turned off on PC so I could avoid seeing any new Pokémon. I like to discover as I go along.

Years
Oh no. I plan on spoiling myself on pretty much everything.
W-well, if I can keep away from the actual plot of the game, that'd be cool, but I just will want to know EVERYTHING.
It doesn't look like it'll be an issue this time around, though, because it's going to be released simultaneously, no?

Back