• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Steel Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
pokemo15.png

Ah, a new game. That means new Pokémon, right? Woo hoo! Best of all, it's doesn't use RPG Maker. It uses a special engine. Called Unity 3D. Remember that now.

Notice: Before people say this project is impossible, it's not at all impossible, because I'm going to do some programming myself, and also, will be designing the game. And also, when the first map screenshots come through, please don't criticize them. Believe it or not, the game is in very early progress.

plotsc10.png

Explore a new Region, and explore the world like never before! In Pokémon Steel Version, the world is completely 3D, with models, and a great looking world. However, it's not all that simple. You must collect Gym Badges, which is a harder task than ever before, as Pokémon do not level, and there is no such thing as stats. Just the values it had naturally. You have to be good friends with your Pokémon in order for them to show their true power. And trust me, that is quite astonishing once you have seen it for yourself. As you collect your Gym Badges, hoping to enter the Kirile League, things get tougher, as a mysterious Team known as Team Omega begin to show up all over the region, attacking Pokémon far and wide. Slowly, once their 5 admins, and 2 generals are defeated, the world finds itself slowly coming back together. Not without the help of Time Travel. Eventually, with the power of time travel, you take down Team Omega, and begin the journey to the Kirile League. Finally, you battle all the other trainers who have accomplished the 8 Gym Badges feat, and win. Then, it's off to the Elite Four and Champion. All are defeated. You have become the Kirile League Champion! Now, it's off to Kanto and Johto for some more fun in the World Of Pokémon. And it doesn't end there! Explore Unova too! Along the journey, find hundreds of new Pokémon (125, to be precise)! It's all capable in Pokémon Steel Version.

recrui10.png

I need help for this game. Unfortunately it won't be as simple as you want it to be. The engine it uses, Unity3D, needs models for it. I can't model, unfortunately. At least not professionally. This game pleads for your help, modelers. We don't want a game made out of cubes representing Pokémon, do we? Here is a list of what we need:

Modeler - Pretty much explained above. They are really important. If they can do Terrain textures as well, then that is very, very good. Either way, these people will have a crucial job, and they game won't be able to be done without them. Modeler's are also Head Developers of the game, so they will receive the Pokémon Steel Team Signature.

Composer - We need music. Obviously. A game isn't a game without music. This is another crucial role for the game. Sure, we can have a game without music, but it would be really boring. Also, Composer's get a Head Developer Title, so they will have the Pokémon Steel Team Signature.

Programmer - We need about two programmers for the game. One is enough, because you have me as well, but... I can't really program C#. Oh yeah, C# is the game language. So experience in that is a must if you want to become a developer. Also, Programmers get the Head Developer Title, and so get the Pokémon Steel Team banner.

They are all the jobs available. Honestly, you could be a huge help. Also, if you know anybody that could do any of them for me, please, somehow get me into touch with them. If they have an account on here, then just give me their username, and I'll see if I can get them.

featur10.png

Explore a 3D World of Pokémon - In this game, you explore a 3D world. Never before seen areas in the game.
No Routes - In this game, you can explore the whole region, and you are not limited to just one are at all. Oh no, you've got miles to explore!
New Pokémon - There are 120 new Pokémon to find in this game! See if you can find them all. At this rate, you won't be able to find any anyway, because we haven't got a modeler. :'(
No Levels - In this game, the Professor is right. Instead of just raising your Pokémon to level 100 immediately, Pokémon don't level up, instead, they must become your friends, you must feed them, train them, respect them. Also, your Pokémon need to be trained regularly, otherwise their battle skill decreases.
No Stats - With no levels, there are also no stats in the game. You have to be skillful to win battles, not almighty powerful.

charac10.png

Hero

Sprite: Coming Soon

Information: It's you. What don't you know about yourself. Okay, basically, this is the guy that does most of the stuff in the plot. He also finds many Legendary and Mythical Pokémon, so he doesn't live a bad life.

Paul

Information: He's your rival. He thinks he cool, so he has girls on his shoulder half the time in his life. The only time he doesn't is when he's in bed, sleeping. He thinks that because he's the oldest Pokémon Trainer in your hometown, he should be the one getting all the girlfriends, and so, he has about 1000000000 girls on his shoulder (insert "different" before the word girls.")

Team Omega

Information: Omegaaaa! No, they don't chant that, that was me being annoying. Team Omega are the baddies in the game. More about them in the "Team Omega" section.

Haydn

Information: Yup, he's the leader. He wants it all. The power of the Legendary and Mythicla Pokémon, a world of his own... well, you get the point. I could be here a very long time if I don't shut up.

teamom10.png

Team Omega, the bad guys! They really are bad as well. Trust me, no good in them. Basically, there are 4 stages, the Grunts, who are the guys that even make sure that you have a part in taking them down, then the Admins, who are really tough cookies that aren't afraid to kill if they have to, and the Generals, who will kill anything and anyone who get's in their path. Luckily, not once are they able to touch you. Then you have the leader. Haydn. We'll tell you more about him in a minute.

Grunts

Yeah, grunts, weaklings like in most games. No way! These guys can be a real pain in the neck when they want to be. Those times include when the need to kill, when they are battling you, when they have just time travelled, or when they really need the toilet. Any time, they have these Pokémon, on average.

Average Pokémon of a Team Omega Grunt (A selection)
Houndour/Houndoom
Basculin
Wailmer
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Phanphy/Donphan
Absol
Deino/Zweilous (Hydreigon is a no no)

Basically they go for a mix, but Dark Types are there specialty.

Admins

In Team Omega, there are 5 Admins. They are the 3rd Grade, and aren't too bad at battling either. Here is a list of them and the Pokémon they have:

Doom
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Houndour/Houndoom
Deino/Zweilous
Coronel/Cortoap

Believe it or not, all of them, except Zubat/Golbat/Crobat, are Dark types. Coronel is a Water/Dark, and is exceptionally disastrous.

Darkness
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Houndour/Houndoom
Deino/Zweilous
Hoothoot/Noctowl

A strange last Pokémon, but he's pretty good with it.

Light
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Houndour/Houndoom
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Pikachu/Raichu

No!!!!! Surely not! Pikachu, used for EVIL?! Why! Because this is Light, and Pikachu brings the theme of light, with Raichu. Sandshrew/Sandslash also replace the Deino line.

Life
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Houndour/Houndoom
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Leafeon

Yeah, sure, it's a Leafeon, not much. She trains her Leafeon pretty darn well, and it knows Leaf Storm on your first visit with her.

Death
Zubat/Golbat/Crobat
Houndour/Houndoom
Sandshrew/Sandslash
Haunter/Gengar

He completely skips Gastly, as it's too weak for Partner purposes, and jumps in with Haunter. Creepy.

Those, my friends, are the admins. Cruel as they are, they all have a soft spot; for their leader. Get them a step near their leader and they'll be on their knees asking for Promotion.

Generals

These guys are really bad. They have super strong Pokémon, as well, and each have 2 dragon-types in their team. Here they are, Pain and Fear! No, really, that's their name.

Pain
Dras/Morneol/Stelidraon
Haunter/Gengar
Houndoom
Sandslash
Gabite/Garchomp

Hell, this guy is good. Your asking for trouble if you face him. He uses his Garchomp well, and will pound you with Dragon Rush if your not careful. High IV's, as well.

Fear
Dras/Morneol/Stelidraon
Haunter/Gengar
Houndoom
Sandslash
Dragonair/Dragonite

Another really strong entry, if your not careful, you'll be down quickly. His first few Pokémon may be easy, but then, it get's tough.

newpok10.png

In this game, there are a series of new Pokémon, some that you might know about, others you might not. Here I list them.

Soon, they will have sprite, it all depends however, if I get a Spriter or not. Because currently the Pokémon are Sprite-less.

Azurea
Species: God Pokémon
Pokédex: As the God Pokémon, it watches over the universe, and has an awful lot of power. However, when in great need, it calls it's brother to help.
Type: Dark/Psychic
Stats - HP: 100
Atk: 120
Def: 120
Sp. Atk: 120
Sp. Def: 120
Spd: 140
Total: 720
Found: Special Pokémon Found At Team Omega Special Event

Nurcher
Species: Nature Pokémon
Pokédex: As a Pokémon born from nature itself, Nurcher's care for the area, and hate Urban areas, and so, they are extremely rare.
Type: Grass
Stats - HP: 50
Atk: 50
Def: 70
Sp. Atk: 45
Sp. Def: 45
Spd: 65
Total: 325
Found: ????
Evolutions: Nurcher --- Nuturtion

Nurturion
Species: Careful Pokémon
Pokédex: A caring and careful Pokémon, whenever it sees an urban area, suddenly, for an unknown reason, it goes berserk, and attacks everything in it's path.
Type: Grass
Stats - HP: 70
Atk: 75
Def: 110
Sp. Atk: 55
Sp. Def: 55
Spd: 80
Total: 445

pokede10.png

Coming Soon!

suppor10.png

Can you show support for a game? It's not a big banner at all.

Just put this in:

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7470483"][IMG]http://i17.servimg.com/u/f17/17/94/92/23/pokemo13.png[/IMG][/URL]

That's all for now! Expect updates frequently!

Last edited:

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
The fact that you say that it's the "Same story as always" won't get anyone to actually want to play your game. I mean, there are like, about 20 official games that generally have a young child going to become a Pokemon Trainer, collect badges, stop an evil organization, etc. And according to what you've presented, your story isn't much different. You don't need to make any crazy changes but at least make it a little more unique.
You also mention time-travelling yet you don't elaborate. It isn't clear who is time-travelling and you don't give a reason.

Team Omega
Hero - You. You have to go around and stop Team Omega.
Assuming the hero is about 10, why does he have to face Team Omega? You depict them as evil enough to hurt Pokemon. Why wouldn't they hurt the Hero if he manages to tick them off enough? I'm just saying this because I see them as more dangerous than, say, Team Magma. Magma didn't do anything to physically harm people or Pokemon as far as I remember, so I found it somewhat understandable why the player would take them on.

...he just wants them, and will become a God Pokemon.
Does the boss want to become a Pokemon?

Finally, just to point this out, you say that Team Omega has "nothing but bad intentions," and that "It doesn't mean that they are bad," but at the same time, you call the grunts evil.
The way I see it, Bad People+Bad Intentions=Bad. I think I get what you were trying to say, though.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
@ Sero, I'm sure the Hero, despite the age, is just there to stop them in the spur of the moment.
Also, The boss wanting to be a pokemon ... is quite an original idea.

• Eternal
  • Immortal

This bugs me, Immortal and Eternal are essentially the same thing, If you are immortal, you'll live for all eternity, and if you're eternal living, you count as immortal.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I actually agree with what Sero said. The "same concept" thing won't attract any gamers. They'll just say : "That's a mere remake of this pokemon game Nintendo released". Add something that other Pokemon games don't have and you'll have lot of people wanting to play your game, trust me. And a 10 years old boy can't bring down an organization made with evil grunts like you said. If they can hurt pokemon, they'll just kill the boy. The leader could become the god of pokemon. A god who can pass to the state of Pokemon-Human easily. That, i can understand. And you should find a name for the Omega admins. Admin Energy, General Immortal aren't really names. Your idea is good but you'll have to change the concept to make your game appealing. Take everything i said as an advice not an offence or an insult.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I actually agree with what Sero said. The "same concept" thing won't attract any gamers. They'll just say : "That's a mere remake of this pokemon game Nintendo released". Add something that other Pokemon games don't have and you'll have lot of people wanting to play your game, trust me. And a 10 years old boy can't bring down an organization made with evil grunts like you said. If they can hurt pokemon, they'll just kill the boy. The leader could become the god of pokemon. A god who can pass to the state of Pokemon-Human easily. That, i can understand. And you should find a name for the Omega admins. Admin Energy, General Immortal aren't really names. Your idea is good but you'll have to change the concept to make your game appealing. Take everything i said as an advice not an offence or an insult.

Cheers for the advice, I am going to change the thread ASAP. Which is now, as far as I know. There is something that this game has; Time Travel. You have to explore different times to put things right. Team Rocket make cameo appearances as you travel, and so do other Teams, such as Team Plasma. You don't know he's 10, though do you? He's probably going to be about 16. Trust me, if they could kill the boy, they would, but they can't touch him. The True God Pokemon. Not the fake one, that can transform from Human/Pokemon once his goals are fully achieved. Admin Energy and General Immortal are temporary names. It will be appealing, don't you worry a bit. It's just the idea is relatively new, and is down on paper and everything, but still, it's work in progress.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
I love the idea about the leader wants to become a Pokemon. :D

I have a idea about for you. It's a long one

The Leader of team Omega Morphs with all the mythical Pokemons And, then you will have to defeat him by using (insert orbs name here). I think this will suit in you're game.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Yeah, your rival. The guy that thinks he's cool having 2 girls on his shoulders. Really, he thinks he's cool, because of that?

Lol, only 2?
And obligatory Gary Oak reference.
Spoiler:

You should try fleshing out your story/plot/etc. Some questions you should consider:

• WHY does the player want/have to stop Team Omega?
  • Why are Team Omega's grunts so evil? A villain/antagonist should never be evil just for the sake of being evil, save if you are doing cartoon/comedy. What's in it for them? What are they getting out of this?
  • Why does Mister Omega (The leader, that's what I'm calling him) want to become a "God Pokémon?" Rule? Destroy? Make sure all the other high school kids won't laugh at him anymore? If the antagonist has to become a GOD to satisfy himself, then he needs to have one damn good backstory. Not like Cyrus. He's just... I never liked Cyrus.
  • Now, when you say "He doesn't care what they are, he just wants them," that gives him more of a "collector" character, similar to Lawrence III. Is that what you're going for?

Just make sure you think about those when you're making the plot.

Also, I like using the concept of time travel. Using time travel to defeat an antagonist reminds me of the premise of Skyward Sword.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Cheers for everyone's view on this game.

@ppooookkkkkkk: When you say merge, do you mean something like, connect? Because I could do one that basically takes all the power off them. That's basically what the God Pokemon does, absorb power from his children. Except Arceus, Arceus is basically his Father. He is kind of similar to Arceus, except more poweruful.

@WinterKirby: Maybe more, I just posted 2.

Why does the player want/have to stop Team Omega?

A: He doesn't. It kind of... happens slowly, overtime. Without really realizing, all of a sudden, Team Omega are his worst enemies.

Q: Why are Team Omega's grunts so evil? A villain/antagonist should never be evil just for the sake of being evil, save if you are doing cartoon/comedy. What's in it for them? What are they getting out of this?

A: Aha! They are evil for a big reason. They care for their leader. Their leader wants a new world, they will get one by killing off all Pokemon, and using their power. And the answer of what's in it for them, a new world! They simply want a new world for all the power of the universe.

Q: Why does Mister Omega want to become a "God Pokémon?" Rule? Destroy? Make sure all the other high school kids won't laugh at him anymore? If the antagonist has to become a GOD to satisfy himself, then he needs to have one damn good backstory. Not like Cyrus. He's just... I never liked Cyrus.

A: Because, he believes the current world is horrible. Wars, pollution, you name it. He believes he should recreate the universe. And there is a very long story behind this...

Many years ago, when Leader (Team Omega Leader) was little, he hated the earth. His parents had died in war, pollution was everwhere, and worst of all, he had to live on the streets of Karell. If you think that was bad, people didn't even give him money. He led a bad life, and wasn't raised right. Because he wasn't raised at all. All Leader wanted to do, was to make the Pokemon World his own. And so, he formed Team Omega, in that hope.

Now, when you say "He doesn't care what they are, he just wants them," that gives him more of a "collector" character, similar to Lawrence III. Is that what you're going for?

A: No, not at all. He just wants them, to power himself, and so, he becomes the strongest there is, and then, he can transform, using a new key item in the game, called the Pokemoniser.

If I didn't answer all your questions, sorry. They are basically the answers though.

Last edited:

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Thanks very much. I really appreciate it.

PS: Your game Pokemon Evils Unite looks cool too.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Ahh! Good. That's basically what will happen. The best thing is, it happens in the future, and the Time Travel feature is put to good use.

PS: I'm re-doing the look of it right now. When finished it will look much better.

EDIT: Finished! What do you think?

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021

Paul

Information: He's your rival. He thinks he cool, so he has girls on his shoulder half the time in his life. The only time he doesn't is when he's in bed, sleeping. He thinks that because he's the oldest Pokémon Trainer in your hometown, he should be the one getting all the girlfriends, and so, he has about 1000000000 girls on his shoulder (insert "different" before the word girls.")

I've got a cameo role in this game? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Anyway, to get to the point, I see that you've really thought this project out. I must applaud you for that; not everyone does that and I think it really helps developing a game.

I think the main problem with the game is how familiar the story is; it is pretty similar to what Team Galactic wanted in DPPt, from what I have read. Also, is your region map...that empty? I recommend spreading the cities and towns out some more; they are all really close to eachother.

It seems that you are off to a good start. Would like to see how this turns out. Good luck!

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I've got a cameo role in this game? Sweeeeeeeeeeeet :D

Anyway, to get to the point, I see that you've really thought this project out. I must applaud you for that; not everyone does that and I think it really helps developing a game.

I think the main problem with the game is how familiar the story is; it is pretty similar to what Team Galactic wanted in DPPt, from what I have read. Also, is your region map...that empty? I recommend spreading the cities and towns out some more; they are all really close to eachother.

It seems that you are off to a good start. Would like to see how this turns out. Good luck!

Hello, Rival, it's good seeing you. Now die!

Cheers for the credit. Yeah, it's actually been worth the thought, now I look at it.

There will be twists from the storyline, and that's where the real difference is seen. You'll see the difference in game. Ha ha! No, that region map is not empty at all. That's up to the second gym. The region is just super-large, the towns are not cramped at all.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Right, so, I'm here just to make a request (sorry if I've done anything wrong!). Because I have new Pokémon in the game, and I need new Tilesets and all, I was wondering if anyone would like to become Spriter for this game. I've actually begun work, but I won't have enough screenshots to show you of it in order for it to become an RMXP prefix yet. If you have experience spriting, could you help out? I really need the help, because I for one am not a decent spriter. Just post on the thread, and if you can, give a sample of your work.

Thanks for offering some assistance. It will all be worth it in the end.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
If you want tiles. I, can help.

Okay then! You can help. I need the tiles from BW/BW2 if you can get them from somewhere. Or you could make the copy of them.

I'm updating the first post with some crucial details about the game.

Edit: I'm going to do a final revamp, because this game is going 3D!

Last edited:
Years
Okay, you are clearly intelligent from the way you write, but there are several things that don't quite sit right here.

For starters, what on earth is going on with your images? The stripes/squares in clashing colours is difficult to read and looks absolutely horrendous. I can't really say anything else about it, but it really makes your thread look a lot worse; you'd be far better off without them.

You also make a lot of claims without seemingly being able to back it up. You claim to offer a 3D world but can't make models, or write the necessary code. And you say that there are no stats or levels. Why not? And what are you replacing them with? And what are you actually planning to do yourself?

Finally, it's a small point, but offering somebody an exclusive banner for working on the game is a bit silly, and by no means an incentive.

You seem bright but very naive. Learn some skills, be it pixel art, 3D modelling (I can put you on the right track there if you want) or C#, and make progress yourself without relying on other people, or else this won't get off the ground. Consider scrapping your more extravagant plans initially until you have done some of the groundwork.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
Okay then! You can help. I need the tiles from BW/BW2 if you can get them from somewhere. Or you could make the copy of them.

I'm updating the first post with some crucial details about the game.

Edit: I'm going to do a final revamp, because this game is going 3D!

It can't be (Unless you're a very good scripter).

Since some scripts like H-Mode 7, aren't compatabile with Essentials.

And some starter kitsm like Cng's Pokemon starter kit vx ace. Or, Da spirit's Game maker kit. Aren't even released.

Besides those kits aren't 3d to.

About the tiles i'll Pm you those.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
It can't be (Unless you're a very good scripter).

Since some scripts like H-Mode 7, aren't compatabile with Essentials.

And some starter kitsm like Cng's Pokemon starter kit vx ace. Or, Da spirit's Game maker kit. Aren't even released.

Besides those kits aren't 3d to.

About the tiles i'll Pm you those.

H Mode 7 is now compatible with Essentials, I think it was Hansiec did it, but it's not as good, unless you've expert knowledge in how it all works.

IF you use it, it'll be good to see how this turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back