• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokemon Legends

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
November 20, 2009
- added some cinnabar screenshots and the title graphic to the thread.
- updated features section

ayevdayev

Legend
Years
good game!
i cant believe no one commented on this yet except for you! it looks like you put a lot of work into this.
Maybe you should use d/p/p tiles because using fr/ll/r/s/e tiles in games that take place in those regions is just like the same thing as the gba games i can give you indoor,outdoor,pokemon center,Mart, and cave tiles if you want (in d/p/p)

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
THis game sounds really good. I like how you are doing different villians for each region. Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
good game!
i cant believe no one commented on this yet except for you! it looks like you put a lot of work into this.
Maybe you should use d/p/p tiles because using fr/ll/r/s/e tiles in games that take place in those regions is just like the same thing as the gba games i can give you indoor,outdoor,pokemon center,Mart, and cave tiles if you want (in d/p/p)

I personally like the fr/ll tiles the best. I think they have more character... idk just personal preference. My intention is to do custon tiles for Sinnoh, that look like the regional style, but in a fr/lg style. Hoenn and Johto tyles are going to get some recoloring done when i get that far as well.

Personally this game is about the story, and the little details. I want my final product to be polished, and error free.

Rubber Ducky said:
Sounds awesome. I'm a big fan of the manga. Can't wait to play it.

don't get your hopes up to much, it'll have a resemblence, but won't be an exact rip. Think of it more as my interpretation, with a few borrowed ideas ;)

Wind Gale said:
THis game sounds really good. I like how you are doing different villians for each region. Good luck.

thanks! Each region is going to have its twists and turns, on top of the familiar storylines. I can promise you right off the bat in Johto you won't be using any of your Pokemon from Kanto...

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
updated the Kanto progress and added a couple new screen shots of the face feature in convo's. When I finish scripting for viridian, virdian forest, and pewter city I may release a demo to keep anyone following this thread interested

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
Demo Announcement
I will be posting a demo for Pokemon Legends sometime before December 20th. The demo will include content from Pallet Town through Pewter City.

Content that will be accessible includes:
  • receiving your first Pokemon
  • intro storyline
  • atleast two rival battles
  • Pallet Town, Viridian City, Pewter City, Viridian Forest

Death5 Shadow

Apocalyptic Salvation
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2012
hey dude make the lava in your cinnabar town map animated that would make it so much better

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
cleaned up the main thread, should have some screen shots up in the next couple of days leading up to the demo release

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
Is there any way I could get some of the tilesets you used? Mainly the indoor ones, if possible I'd appreciate it very much. :) my email is [email protected]

I'm not using any of these tiles anymore, but they are all from the Starter Kit provided by poccil. I've done some customizing of DP tiles for the demo, which will be out on the 15th.

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2011
New 4th Gen screenshots are up! Few from Pallet Town, Route 1, West Forest, Viridian City, and Pewter City!

I would like to welcome torterra10 to the team!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2010
Are you still working on this? Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. This seems like a really cool game. I've always thought that the storyline was extremely weak and kind of boring for older age groups. I hope you don't discontinue your progress on this because so far and based on what I've seen of your screenshots it looks like you're doing a pretty amazing job. Your graphics look really good. Besides, everyone has always wanted to be able to work their way through the regions without having to get a different game. I'm actually extremely glad that the storyline is going to be darker. My favorite game versions are SoulSilver and Platinum because they have slightly darkened them up a bit, although they could've gone a little farther. It's also probably the reason why I like Team Galactic as regional villians the best. :)

Well, I really hope you are. I look forward to whenever you put out the demo or the game/volume itself.

Back