• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
Brought to you by the Emort Team…
officialpokemonheliover.png

Made in RPG Maker XP

SYNOPSIS~

You begin your quest in the small town called Oriole, located on an island. Once you are able to obtain a Pokémon trainers' license, you are allowed to get a starter Pokémon from the local Pokémon Professor, Prof. Palm. But the real adventure lies off of the island, on Emort's mainland, where you'll find countless adventures that are just waiting to happen!

But not all events occurring in Emort are as joyful as they may seem. Recent news reports and weather forecasts tell of a harsh outbreak of pollution which could do great harm to the world. Officials attribute said pollution to an uprising eco-terrorist group, Team Solar. Not much else is known about Team Solar, or its motives, but perhaps you can figure something out on your journey…

PLOT~

The game begins with you just out of high school. You find your long time crush, who has often rejected you, hanging out with a man in his twenties, and they seem to have a relationship. She informs you that she is going to be a trainer, and desperate to impress her, you follow her. Meanwhile, your friend Aaron, who believes you just threw away your life for a girl, essentially becomes your rival, trying to stop you. After beating the first gym leader, the man and another woman appear to you and introduce themselves as Team Solar, an organization that plans to destroy the world through pollution and restart humanity on a moon colony. Of course, this is absurd, and you reject the offer. Team Solar starts a long history of tracking you down.

(Please do not say we do not have a decent plot when all we are able to show you is this short backstory.)

FEATURES~

emorthgss.png

Emort Map

- The ALL NEW REGION of Emort! Tons of new areas to probe and discover!
- 107 NEW Pokémon created just for Pokémon Helio Version!
- A returning 95 Pokémon also appear!
- A brand new CAST of CHARACTERS with depth, unlike many of the past Pokémon games!
- Eight New Gym Leaders with their own awesome extensively-thought-out-puzzles that will make you begging for more fun.
- Varied Landscapes such as Volcanoes, Reefs and Deserts that are sure to boggle your mind with wonder!
- Updated Graphics to keep up with the latest Pokémon games!
- Team Solar's plots to ruin!

HEROES~

heliossprite.gif
selenej.gif

Helios & Selene
Hero and Heroine

STARTERS~

001chamelica2941970038i.gif
002salavern9318774751ia.gif
003leafegon.gif

Chamelica, grass starter + Salavern + Leafegon
004kittorch4494617435ia.gif
005felayme4112630163iaz.gif
006flamane.gif

Kittorch, fire starter + Felayme + Flamane
007pireel.gif
008pirashock.gif
009protruik.gif

Pireel, water starter + Pirashock + Protruik

SCREENSHOTS/VIDEOS~

(new screenshots coming soon.)

Video 1
(new video coming soon)​

GYM LEADERS~

warrensprite.gif
warrenmugshot.gif

(Made by Jocelyn and myself)
Gym Leader #1 : Warren
Etymology of Name : Warren was the name of the first Gym Leader ever since this project started. We never really thought about the relation of names to the types, so when we started revamping the Gym Leaders, we kept his name the same.
Runs the gym of Whimbrel Town and gives out the Pale Badge
Type used : Normal
Biographical Background : Warren spends most of his time training in the Whimbrel Gardens. Sometimes he may even hold Gym Battles there because he feels so attatched.

terra.gif
haydenmugshot1.gif

(Made by Jocelyn and myself)
Gym Leader #2 : Hayden
Etymology of Name : Hayden, in some languages, means 'The Rosy Meadow'.
Runs the gym of Avocet City and gives out the Blossom Badge
Type used : Grass
Biographical Background : Hayden loves to garden. Her garden grows just outside the Avocet Woods, where her Gym Battles happen to take place, underneath beautiful arches of flowers and hills of plants that are only found there.

BANNERS ~

There's one for both sexes(or genders). Boy and Girl, vice versa e.g. the moon/sun, etc.

DEMO~

Three links here: The Game, The RunTimePackage, and The RAR opener.

GAME: This link lets you download the game in .rar format; the files are kept inside.
[link]

RunTimePackage: This link allows you to run the game, as I'm not sure people without RMXP can play the game without it. So here. [instructions are at the bottom]
[link]

and finally, the RAR opener. Some people have it, some don't. So here's the link. It extracts files from .rars
[link]

EDIT: Also optional, you can change the screensize in "options" in the opening menu; it looks nicer. Either way works.

TEAM~

Starrmyt – Leader, Compiler, Overall programmer
Aquakip – Main Spriter, Co-coordinator, Mapper, Tileset Maker
Bards Sword – Plot Creator
Jocelyn – Trainer Spriter
FlameKoala – Moveset Compiler

to those no longer active on the team…

DRaB
DarkNewDay93
Senor Shyza
Chenmyt
and many others

CREDITS~
Tiles – Kyledove/Kymotonian and Fused (on SPPF).
Thread Layout Idea – Pokemon Garnet (You're amazing.)
Starter Kit - Poccil

Last edited:

chimchar5

learnig surf
Years
Looks pretty good,I like that there will be a combonation of fakemon and originals.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Haha, you finally put it up, man!

Yeah, the reason we have a mix of new and old pokemon is so we can get away with making evolutions and prevolutions of old pokemon. :P

I think our most distinguishing feature is our plot, but I dont want to spoil that.

but yeah, lots of work is going on, and we're planning on revealing a lot more in the time to come! :D

Gigatom~

Pokemon Ruthenium Creator ~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 25, 2012
I can say only one word, Amazing.
Nice Fakemon, nice Plot. I'm waiting for screenshots! ;)
Anyway, nice jobs and keep it up .

Gigatom~

FinalEclipse

Learning to be a Tile Artist
Years
I love this. Absolutely love it. It makes me wish I could make a really good game everyone likes.
The fakemon are extremely well designed and the plot is downright awesome. I love the references to the real world.
Can't wait for screenshots! Good luck with this.

Jocelyn

SUPER LUXRAY LOVER
Years
  • Age 31
  • Here
  • Seen Apr 18, 2012
This is awesome!
I just love the starters, they are mad cute! especialy Kittorch! :3
I hope this game continues its great progress and make a great game! :D

The Cynic

♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥
Years
Its very neatly done and with great detail too! The plot is unique and more sensible than other game ideas. The region is well balanced and the starters look terrific. The trainers are also very well done. My only suggestions are to perhaps give us some screenshots to take a gander at and to perhaps explain why an eco-group wants to cause pollution? Apart from that its going swimingly so far. I'd say that I think you have the next "Pokemon Garnet" on your hands, but actually I think you can excel past the likes of Garnet and have a very successful game! If you ever need any help just PM me. I'm a hack man myself so my help will be limited, but I can offer storyline advice if you ever need it and recommend some spriters for you (but personally you seem to be doing well enough at that as it is!). May I have the honor of beta testing this when you finish it?

Keep it up, it looks really promising!

~The Cynic~

aquakip

Years
Wow. Such good comments. And there's apparently a big 'craving' for screenshots. They're on their way. We're still scouring for good tiles and making our own here and there. But, nonetheless, they should be up by the end of the day. If not tomorrow sometime.

Banners will up soon too, seeing as we want to see who supports us, and spread the word of our game.

And saying we're as good as Garnet is enough, but BETTER? I'm speechless! This is amazing that we could be as good! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

~Aqua

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
Sure looks like an interesting game. You made any supporting banners? PM me if you have one, I'd love to support this.
Oh yeah.. and respect for your sig ;)

kwsmithjr

Spriter
Years
Hey there, awesome looking so far!!! Im new here, but i have some experience in making pokemon sprites form scratch, and If you need any help on making some of the new pokemon then please let me know, Id love to help

If youd like to see my sprites, you can see my dA account gallery: heres my homepage
kwsmithjr.deviantart.com

So please get back to me, because I would love to be part of your team and jump into the project to make something amazing

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
@The cynic: Dude, thanks! When I first started this back in April 2008, I'd never really expected it to escalate to this level! I'm REALLY REALLY happy from reading your post! Plot details will most definitely be revealed soon, but for now I wanted to be vague. Our game has a way of really digging into backstories and motives of characters, and we also tend to add more of a realistic feel to the game. Keep an eye out for more stuff :P !

@Notch-Eared Pichu: Thanks! I love the starters, too! XD. Our dex right now have around 50 fakemon in it, and we still have 57 to go; you'll definitely be seeing more as time rolls on.

@Dew: Yeah, I'll probably make a support banner very soon, or perhaps Aquakip will.

@kwsmithjr: Your artwork is really good! We'll look into it, and I'll [or I'll have Aquakip] send you a PM or something.

Bards Sword

La Resistance!
Years
Hey everyone! Bards Sword here! So as summed up by Aqua, I am the "Plot Guy" of this game. I come up with the ideas, and write the script, which Starrmyt then adds as text to the game. We decided that, in a breakaway move from the major games, both official and fan-made, we were going to try really hard to have an in-depth plot with backstories and reasons. You know, pesky reasons like why you decide to leave home and become a trainer in the first place. :P So, if you have any plot related questions, just ask!

@Cynic: thanks for taking such an interest! One, I admit, the word eco-terrorist is a bit of a misnomer, since they're bent on destroying the world through pollution, not saving it. Their official reason is that humans have grown so detached from the earth that they deserve to die through nature. However, the real reason runs far deeper then that...

Its really complicated, and we don't want to give it all away yet. Lets just say it involves the moon, Soltaria (legendary sun pokemon), and a rather bloody knife...

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years
Looking awesome guys! I love the new starter sprites, they're incredible. I'm looking forward for the screenies, really great job :) (and btw, what's the water starter based on?)

aquakip

Years
I have updated the first post with 3 NEW SCREENSHOTS which picture:

Oriole Town (The Starting town of your adventures)
Route 301 (The first Route which you traverse. On the way to Whimbrel Town)
Whimbrel Town (The home of the first Gym, normal typed)

I've also updated the GYM LEADERS section with some info on Hayden, the second Gym Leader.
The TEAM also welcomes a new member: kwsmithjr.
I'm also in the process of making the demo. We just need a few things, then everything is great. These things include:

Random Pokemon encounters only in grass. (Which I cannot seem to figure out.)
Indoor maps (e.g. gyms, houses, pokemon centers, etc.)
Events (Getting pokemon, people talking, trainer battles, etc.)

So. Really, alot needs to be done. But, all comes in due time. Banners are being worked on also, so you can show support! Expect those in the next update!

~Aqua

Last edited:

aquakip

Years
Ok. Next update! Yay!

I have updated the first post with two new screenshots of our newest route and place(that are not on the region map yet. I should get to fixing that.) It's Route 302 (a connecting route that brings you to Whimbrel Gardens and Whimbrel Town, home to the first gym) and said Whimbrel Gardens.

The team was thinking about how little time you have to train before the first Gym battle. So, we decided to branch off to the west and carry our hero/heroine over there before said Gym battle with Warren, the normal typed gym leader.

I have also updated the System with the Day/Night effect, like so in the following 3 pictures:
daynight.png
(excuse the writing.)

I didn't know which night looked better, so i just added both in for you all to decide for us. ^_^

I am sorry about the banners. Things have been chaotic for me. I haven't been able to get to them. I will start now! (I swear)

~ Aqua

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back