• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon: Crossroads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
TopBanner.png

linebreak.png

newstodo.png

introstory.png

featuresff.png

creditsiy.png

INFO PAGES:
Introduction (9/16/09):
Spoiler:

SCREENSHOTS

These are beta shots and will be updated as they are updated in AMap. These feature no sprites yet..

screen3.png
screen1.png
screen2.png
screenpage1.png
screenpage2.png
screenpage3.png
screenpage4.png
screenpage5.png
screenpage6.png

SUPPORT BANNERS

PHP:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191669][img]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8318/isuppertyou.png[/img][/url]
Support Banner made by UltimaZelfier. Thanks!

Last edited:

Q-Bone

Musician and Pixel Artist
Years
The story is quite exciting, and I especially like the features. I always enjoy having to unlock things (in this case areas and challenges). I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2016
I also like the features and this seem interesting cant wait for a beta verison

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
Years
Finally, someone with a brain posts here. This is going to be interesting ^_^.

"8 gym badge/Elite 4 challege with the ability to complete it whenever."
Awesome.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
This sounds like a cool idea and all but this isn't really "practical" the idea to roam around wherever, whenever.
EXAMPLE:

Lets say you are introduced to the evil team leader and they are planning to do _______ and they are going to do this with the legendary pokemon _____
But you decide that you want to skip ahead and defeat the team because you dont want to go through the story line since you have the free will feature in this game
So you defeat the team and capture the ledgendary pokemon ______
Now lets say you run into the middle part of the story when they are planning
Player: Uhhhh major glitch, Didn't I just beat these guys?

You see you cant put in free will because it will conflict with the story. You can put in tiny bits of free will as long as there not major events just minor events

Hope you take this advice

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thank you all for your posts and support! I will be updating very often since I'm just getting started, and hopefully I'll have a small tidbit to show tomorrow (my guess would be the opening name entree scene), but nothing huge since I'm still in the process of spriting and inserting tiles.

Chibi Robo said:
This sounds like a cool idea and all but this isn't really "practical" the idea to roam around wherever, whenever.
EXAMPLE:

Lets say you are introduced to the evil team leader and they are planning to do _______ and they are going to do this with the legendary pokemon _____
But you decide that you want to skip ahead and defeat the team because you dont want to go through the story line since you have the free will feature in this game
So you defeat the team and capture the ledgendary pokemon ______
Now lets say you run into the middle part of the story when they are planning
Player: Uhhhh major glitch, Didn't I just beat these guys?

You see you cant put in free will because it will conflict with the story. You can put in tiny bits of free will as long as there not major events just minor events

Hope you take this advice

Thank you very much for your advice! It's always welcome. :D
I've taken what you've mentioned into careful thought, because I too was fretting over this when I planned on paper. One of my specialty's in coding is using the "if" command to it's fullest, and I plan to use the "if" command a lot in situations like this.
I'll be careful to make sure to set certain parameters in order to continue on with long on-going stories within the game.
For example; there is a woman on the outskirts of town who wants to harvest berries grown only in one forest but can't make it out there. You yourself can go in the forest and even see the berries, but unless you've spoken to the woman who wants you to get the berries your character will not pick them. Speaking to that woman and accepting her request is the "if" factor that will trigger the event of picking the berries.

If you play mmorpgs, I suppose you could compare every event within the game as a quest based system. You can go and make your character stronger and better know areas/in depth exploring, then when you feel ready you can take on a quest.
Let's Go doesn't revolve around one big story, but rather a horde of stories through out the continent. However, despite that it isn't one big story, each event within the game there will be something to learn about the region and it's history, legends, so on and so forth so it's not just a empty game with no goal. Along with various item/pokemon rewards.

Thanks again everybody.
Main post has been updated with further news, info, and a to-do list.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Hi scrapbox viewers.

I bring you a brand spankin' new layout and beta map screenshots. Enjoy the eye candy.

The new screenshots feature outside of your house, a piece of the first town's walkway, and inside your room.

Leave feedback please.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
This hack is really nice, looking forward to it. The first post is properly arranged. Good luck with this and can I say that YOU ARE A GOOD TILE INSERTER!

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
*Salivates in utter anticapatory rapture*. Need.. To... Play this... Now.:)

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
Years
Wow! I love the idea of COMPLETE FREEDOM! This is going to be amazing, I can't wait to see what these side-stories are about [side-stories make games great!]

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Wow, thank you everybody for your feedback!

If you have any suggestions for any kind of events or ANYTHING I'll be more than happy to look into fitting it in somewhere in the world of Kippal. :)

I will be posting a poll soon to choose the starter choices. Either tonight or tomorrow morning.
Expect new screenies too.

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
Years
Well, I have some side-quests ideas for you, but by the looks of things you probably have enough ideas already.

NONSENSE! There's no such thing as "enough ideas." So let me know if you're intereseted.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
Years
I have to be completely honest with you when I say that this hack blows my socks off. It is the most organized thread in the Scrapbox and the story sounds awesome. Those tiles rock as well.

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Thank you all again for your positive responses.
@Nyjil da kid
I'd love to hear some of your ideas. I'll be sure to give you credit too if I implement them.
This goes for anybody!

Unfortunately I've hit a wall in my progress. There was some buggy rom issues and my maps/tilesets are unorganized due to tile insertion practice, so I'm going to have to start with a fresh rom.
Banjora suggested making a rom base and I should have listened! x(
I think this may be for the best, however.

It shouldn't take too long to get back to where I was, but it may be some time before I get something new.
Also, i'm upgrading the graphics. I've hacked the sprites to D/P/Pt sized, now I just have to edit doors and stuff to match their size.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back