• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Experienced a "limited account access" on PayPal?

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Who else has experienced this? For those of you who don't know, PayPal sometimes deactivates sertain aspects of your account (limits access), for reasons ranging from a suspected security threat to a violation of their rules. You'll then be asked to complete a bunch of tasks online to have the situation reviewed and hopefully have the account unfrozen. Fortunately my most recent one was quick and easy: they just wanted me to change my password and send them something to prove that I was living where I said I was, I guess because something made them think that someone hacked my account. Some people don't get so lucky though and get dragged through the mud and have their accounts deactivated for a really long time. Anyone been through this?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Paypal's a horrible service and you should try to find an alternative as soon as possible. Just Google "Paypal sucks" or "Paypal horror stories" or whatever and you'll get more results than you know what to do with.

Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
Yeah, I found all that stuff out after a six month ordeal with them. PayPal's convenient, but I wouldn't store my money there just because of the "limited account access" obsession over there. I wonder if PC's donation account has ever run into trouble?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
*raises hand*

That same thing happened to me when I donated a bit of money towards PC. Immediately after, I received an email saying that my account is "under review" by random because my payment was fishy. I never saw anything fishy about the money I donated. Rukario and I worked it out on the same night, as well as I had to prove something that I am a legit buyer (phone call was sufficient lol) and the next day my account is back to normal.

Things like that just happen because paypal is just too paranoid about people's money. All I can say is don't fret, work it out with the person receiving the money and make sure the person works it out with paypal to make sure that your payment is legit. I have a feeling that it's paypal's end that sends out those "random" security notices.

Back