• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres?

Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres?

• Articuno

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • Zapdos

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Moltres

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
Which is your favorite of the three legendary birds from generation one? As for me I like all three but I'd have to go with Articuno because of its elegant look and its soft cry its very calming to me.

Years
Articuno for me. Same reasoning basically, it looks really elegant and beautiful, and it's blue and I like blue Pokemon lol.

If Zapdos looked less... idk.... edgy, I think I'd appreciate it more. But all in all, Articuno wins for me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Articuno, it just has that wow factor to it, that legendaries should have, its gorgeous and looks like something from a fantasy painting, zapdos looks kind of feral for a legendary and moltrese is a bit simple.
The other 2 are cool as well though, second would be moltrese though, it likes both rain(hurricane ftw!) and sun how many pokemon can say that?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
On the design side of things, it's definitely Articuno. It's amazingly beautiful; cannot deny. :p In terms of battling, it's Zapdos. It's got decent Speed and offenses, and also a good range of moves in its arsenal.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
Articuno all the way! just really awesome looking and ice is my fave element <3

Moltres 2nd fave.

Zapdos isn't too bad though! hahaha

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
It's definetly Zapdos for me. Even though some might say "hey, Zapdos dosent look all legendary" and all, I still am quite fond of its design. It's stats are pretty awsome as with all other legendaries, and competitively wise Zapdos is still my choice. A he having one weakness isn't so bad either,. :P

But that's not to say I don't like the others, I just generally lean more towards Zapdos. What do you guys think? :)

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Sep 3, 2019
Articuno without a doubt. It's design is beautiful and Ice types tend to be favourable for me

Years
While my answer may be Articuno in the present day, I voted for Zapdos, since it was one of my favorite Pokemon to use in Yellow. I wasn't a big fan of the fact that you couldn't evolve your Pikachu, so I opted for switching it out with the much more powerful Electric type in Zapdos, and was quite happy for doing so.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Considering all 3 are doubly weak to rock, I would say Articuno for me, becuase it was 1 of 2 ice types in Gen 1, and the look of Articuno appealed more to me than Zapdos and Moltres.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
Articuno is the pokemon I like best out of the three. I like it's design and the fact that it always helps me stomp the league. Articuno soloes.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Articuno! I mean who doesn't love an ice/flying type that turns the weather into snow every time it flies? It's my all-time favorite legendary and it'll always be my fave <3

Years
Zapdos, definitely. It was pretty powerful, and had a frazzy design but I always thought it was cool. Maybe I just really like Electric-types, but it was one that stood out.

Although Articuno's maine looks like a beard :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh, I've used Zapdos on my pokemon Blue run-through, and it was pretty cool! I really love it's thunder attacks like Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave, and it's Drill Peck was pretty useful too! It was pretty much my go-to pokemon whenever I fought Lorelei of the Elite Four, and it was pretty amazing against her, aside from her Jynx, but my other pokemon took care of that! Ah, and I love it's Yellow Sprite:

Spr_1y_145.png

Soooo awesome~

Moltres and Articuno are pretty amazing too. I'm beginning to love Articuno a lot more, since I used to use it a lot against Lance and It helped out really well! It's sprite on pokemon blue was my favourite though, which it looked more -mystical- and powerful. If that makes sense. ouo

Years
Since Pokemon first came out in the UK I had that poster that had all 151 Pokemon on it. I'd stare at it every day, thinking how awesome all of the legendary birds were. Ever since I first seen them, I've loved them all pretty much the same. Saying that I've been through phases of preferring different ones. The 2nd Pokemon Movie showcased Zapdos as being the coolest bird for me. Ever since then I think I'd had more of a soft spot for him.

Although I did spend a month SRing my Pokemon Soul Silver for shiny Articuno, which will always be the most beautiful !

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I've always preferred Zapdos, simply due to how strong and cool-looking it is, though I reckon Articuno has inched pretty close due to its design alone. To be honest, Articuno was the one whom I like catching the most, since it's just so isolated and harder to reach than the other two. I mean, with Zapdos, all you have to do is go through the power plant. There are literally no other obstacles in your way than the wild Pokemon, and they could easily be avoided with repels. Moltres was placed conveniently in your way in the Victory Road, so not really much went into hiding it. But Articuno on the other hand was placed within its own islands, located far away from everything else. Getting to it required some Strength puzzles, which I remember finding to be pretty hard as a kid. And the rush I always got when its platform appeared; it was generally awesome.

Albeit, Zapdos remains my favourite, simply because it outclasses Articuno by a tiny bit :)

Back