• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BW-on Metagame Decklist

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
I'd like to start off by saying that if this is in the wrong place, or just shouldn't exist in general, I'm sorry.

BW-ON THE NEW META!

With World Championships over, the world now looks to the newest metagame, the BW-On meta. This thread is here to help new and old players alike navigat through a new metagame.

Deck List

This list will be growing with each new deck that is released. I would love to have people write a review for each deck and submit it so that it can be viewed. As far as decklists go, please only include cards that are necessary in the deck. Afterwards a "recommended list" can be put on, with cards that can work in the deck so that players can pick through and come up with the combination of cards that will work. Please feel free to reserve a deck if you'd like to do it, or feel free to suggest one that's not listed (I'm not perfect.)

Darkrai/Hydreigon

Spoiler:

Darkrai/Hydreigon is a very effective deck that focuses on choosing the right moment to attack. Darkrai's Night Spear deals 90 damage to the opponent, as well as hitting the bench for 30. The main reason this deck is amazing is that Darkrai allows Pokemon to retreat for free if they have a Dark Energy attached to them, and Hydreigon allows energy to be moved around. This also gives the deck the ability to spam Max Potion, sacrificing a Sableye to bring two of them back to the hand. This is a very solid choice if you are looking for a deck.

Eels

Spoiler:

Eels is another great deck. The deck will usually feature either Zekrom or Rayquaza as the primary attacker who will use Eelectric's ability to get energy. Rayquaza gets free retreat with Skyarrow Bridge, but Zekrom is a little bit more predictable. If you're looking for a deck that's fairly easy to run, this could be the deck for you.

Hammertime

Garchomp/Altaria

Last edited:
Years
I think a metagame overview for new players is a great idea. I don't have much to contribute to this myself, though.

Only cause you don't specialize too much in the competitive realm of TCG. Anyway, you or the OP can add the following into the OP post.

Zek Eels:

4 Tynamo
4 Eelektrik
3 Rayquaza Ex
2 Raikou Ex
1 Rayquaza

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Cheren

4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Level Ball
3 Max Potion
2 Random Receiver
1 Super Rod

2 Skyarrow Bridge

9 Lightning
5 Fire

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
Zek Eels:

4 Tynamo
4 Eelektrik
3 Rayquaza Ex
2 Raikou Ex
1 Rayquaza
Sounds more like Ray Eels, bro. Zek Eels is generally a more counter-offensive build rather than Ray Eels' super offensive style. Zek Eels also has Zekrom.

Years
Sounds more like Ray Eels, bro. Zek Eels is generally a more counter-offensive build rather than Ray Eels' super offensive style. Zek Eels also has Zekrom.

This is what happens when I try to make posts while at work, I don't pay attention lmao. I think Ray Eels > Zek Eels anyway but perhaps deck lists for both should be put up?

Tanaki

←Lazy ADHD Trainer
Years
My current Zek Eels list:

Spoiler:

Not the most cookie-cutter list ever, but meh.

Back