• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 2DS

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Looks like a failed Tablet, or what the nintendo DS was going to originally be until they all got of the effects of meth and fired the guy for the design.

In a nutshell, only stupid people would buy this.

(IT'S NOT EVEN PORTABLE)

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I think it's one nice attempt from Nintendo that they decide to bring in non-3D version of 3DS in form of 2DS, since maybe Nintendo figured some child would activate 3D mode by accident because of their curiosity. And for some reason 2DS reminds me of Wii U's controller but bigger, which sadly is unlike 3DS and DS's fold-to-open handheld, which is why I favored them more than 2DS.

Last edited:
Years
Basically a pocket extender, in my eyes. Will probably still sell millions because it's a DS and kids will ask their parents and their parents will say yes because it's cheaper.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I've just had the biggest PSP GO flashback of my life. Seriously, what the hell is this thing?

If you have a young child playing on a 3ds just turn the 3D off using the parental controls. I will say that it is nice to see a 3DS without crap L and R keys.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I like the idea--I love the idea. I have never really used the 3D setting on my 3DS because it's a pointless battery waste and it washes out the colours when you use it. So I'd consider myself the prime target for something like this but... it's so bulky since it doesn't close. :/ I've even got a purse so it's not like carrying something that size is a big deal for me but the design is so gross.

I'm gonna be really upset if they start pushing this and neglect to continue releasing colours here. :( I want my hot pink NA 3DS already!

I'd buy one of these if it were region-free but alas...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I can see why they made it and there certainly is a market for it, but they've gone about it in completely the wrong way. It's so bulky and doesn't look at all comfortable to hold, and it doesn't even look particularly pleasant. The idea of having a non-3D 3DS is perfectly suited for a lot of people who are looking for a cheaper way to play the 3DS games without having to bother with the 3D, but was this the way to do it...? I'd say no. I certainly won't be buying one, at least.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Even if it's way cheaper than the other 3Ds system , I'm still set on getting an XL instead. It's not really attractive look and I prefer a system that can fold cause it's easier to find in a pocket. A non-folding system only looks aesthetically pleasing on a system with one screen. This looks like a freaking door stopper.

It's being marketed towards children under 7 (or people who get motion sickness from the 3D) and I can see it selling well in that target audience. The system is safe for their eyes, bulky so likely durable so if they toss it around (like what a lot of kids at that age do with electronics/other things) it won't break, and cheap enough for many parents to be willing to buy it for them. But I don't seeing most other people not in that demographic getting it unless they can't afford a normal 3DS or XL.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Ugh. The 2DS is......ugly. It looks too stiff and bulky and doesn't have the flexibility of the DS and the 3DS's clamshell cover. Having to hold the device upright all the time in a stiff position makes it look so uncomfortable. I mean, a 2DS is all fine and well and marketable, but why make its design that way?! I think people who dislike 3D graphics would probably just go ahead and buy the 3DS anyways after looking at that...thing. Ugh.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I feel like this will be like the PSP Go, a huge flop. Why not just buy a regular 3DS and turn on the 2D function?

Yes, people with money issues would buy this, but would they prefer having this over a 3DS? I don't think so. It's too bulky and I don't even think it could fit into certain pockets. I don't know if it was necessary to make it that huge, but the design is just horrible ;~;

Last edited:

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It's horrible, pointless and made for little kids who want a new cheap console to play Pokémon.

On the other hand, I may be replacing my DSi with this for the purposes of trading with self. But only after the third game comes.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/new/

From what I understand, this system will aim towards people who will appreciate it's lower pricing @ $129.99. Which, you know, I can understand that, but, I don't understand why they have to completely change the design, when they can just pust the 3Ds on a lower price. @__@ Honestly, to me, according to them, they're saying that the 3Ds might be too expensive (even though it's kinda not). :x

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
What I want to know is why the system isn't even portable.. that was a major mistake from Nintendo there if you ask me.

The 3DS XL isn't exactly portable either in my opinion. I like to put my 3DS in a pocket as my clothes usually have big pockets. Not to say the 3DS XL is bad; it's probably a better experience than the 3DS.

They really should just release a 3DS lite now, I'm sick of waiting as my 3DS has lots of wear and tear.

EDIT:

bildschirmfoto2013-08zcsjl.png

They. Didn't. Even. Give. It. Good. Battery. Life.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'm so disappointed by that. I mean the 2DS isn't a bad idea but the design is so bulk and ugly. It isn't even portable. What's the meaning of having a console for kids if they can't even go with it wherever they want? If they desperately wanted to make money, why not remove the 3D function in a 3DS console and make a cheaper version of it?

Years
I honestly don't mind it. I like the design (please don't kill me) and I do think it's a good idea on Nintendo's part.
It's pretty much a 3DS made for children; no 3D images, no hinges to snap, and a big bulky design.
It's releasing on Pokemon X & Y's release date too... which is also proof of Nintendo's plan. Releasing a very kid-friendly gaming console, with kid-friendly games, at adult-affordable prices in time for the holiday season of 2013 is definitely an ingenious idea.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
So this is what happens when you get a 3DS and squish it down to essentially one little rectangular brick.

This will probably go down well with younger children whose parents might not want to get the slightly more expensive 3DS and might be concerned about it's sturdiness. This is the kid proof 3DS!

I don't think it'll be comfortable playing on that for probably more than 30 mins when your hands will be tired playing a game like Mario Kart 7. :P

Years
I'd like a sleeker design, more of an actual tablet, like say, a Kindle Fire or something, but it's not that bad. It's a $40 cheaper 32DS, so if you don't like the 3D, it's the same thing really. Not getting one, though.

Back