• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Another newbie

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
Years
Hello everyone. I just joined today and saw this forum section, so I thought I'd give an introduction.

I'm Abrogate Nadir. I'm 15 years old. I write and read fanfiction for a number of fandoms, Pokemon included. I have a profile on fanfiction.net and a livejournal. I'm fairly new to fanfiction in the sense that I haven't written for long. Maybe 6 months or so, though I haven't really *produced* that much.

I like to think I'm open minded on pairings. I have a lot I like in different fandoms, and usually the ones I like best tend to be more obscure. I'll also say that I sometimes like the male/male, female/female, threesomes, and other sorts of romance that might make people raise their eyebrows. Here is my list of pairings, though I'm still open to anything not on it:

Pokemon
-Ash/May
-Ash/Misty
-Ash/Dawn
-Ash/Erika
-Ash/Cynthia
-May/Dawn
-Dawn/Zoey

Final Fantasy series
-Locke/Celes
-Kain/Rydia
-Cloud/Tifa
-Yuffie/Shelke
-Balthier/Ashe
-Rogue Tomato/Vaan (in a purely crack sense, I assure you)

Naruto
-Naruto/Shizune
-Naruto/Sakura
-Naruto/Hanabi
-Ino/Sakura
-Naruto/Sasuke/Sakura
-Konan/Tenten (more crack)

Kingdom Hearts
-Sora/Larxene
-Sora/Namine
-Sora/Riku/Kairi
-Larxene/Namine
-Axel/Roxas

and many moar!

When it comes to reviewing other people's work though, I don't do it as often as I perhaps should. This is because I've run into a lot of people with a thin skin who can't take any criticism about their work. I think it's important to have a thick skin. You should see the notes my beta leaves on whatever I ask her to do for me. It's blunt and doesn't sugarcoat.

Lastly, it goes without saying that I liek Mudkips.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Wow, that was a very nice introduction, Abrogate Nadir.
While I can't say I'm much into shipping myself, I know there are quite a few people here that are. I'm sure you will find all kinds of threads on the subject.
(I know I've seen my fair share of them!)

Don't worry about getting critiqued here at the Pokécommunity. I'm sure whatever you write within the Pokémon Fan Fiction or General Fan Fiction will get its fair share of opinions. However, as you have said, that is not a bad thing at all. Most of the members who post within the Fan Fiction sections seem to know what they are talking about, so you will probably get some pretty good advice. ;D

I agree with your belief in a "thick skin."
When one voices their opinions, even on the internet, they should expect to get some criticism back. This is especially true with forums.

Well, welcome to the community.
I'm sure you will flourish quite well here.
(I leik Towrchkz...)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Wow Abrogate Nadir, that is quite a nice introduction you have got going there!
(If I do say so myself xD)

So you want to right a Fan Fiction aye? Well look no further than the Fan Fiction Thread! it has everything you could possible want.
(duh! xD)

I too, like Mudkipz but on the other hand I prefer Swampert because that mud fish is just a frigging tank (I am sure any posters below me will agree! xD) You have quite a nice pairings list you have there Abrogate Nadir, a lot of pairs at that! I agree with your point on "thick skin" as what is the point in writing a story and not being able to handle criticism?

Make sure to check up on the Rules/FAQ and have a great time posting, making lots of great friends and liking mudkipz!

Abrogate Nadir

Obscure Shipper
Years
Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

(About shippings: I do like them, but as far as fanfiction goes, I go by "plot over pairings". It seems like a fairly decent creed to go by)

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
XD Nice ending lol.

Anyway, welcome to Pokecommunity! Yeah, I used to be a fanfic writer too, then I got lazy. xD I'll be honest though, I probably would say I'd have a thin skin when it comes to critisism. I'm too sensitive, I know. x__x I should be more like peeps like you who can get past their sensitivity and use the crits to their advantage. It'd definitely help, I'll admit that. x.x

As for pairing, meh, I really don't pair that much anymore. I mean, I think the last pair I digged was Drew/May back like, over a year ago I think. I do, however, remember pairing a lot before I had gotten a boyfriend. xD In middle school I obsessed over Beyblade pairings, especially with Kai and Rei. Ah, the good ol' days.<3

Well, I do hope you enjoy your stay here at pc. Be sure to post lots and stay active, and hey, maybe even post a fic or two or three. But most importantly, have fun! ;3

-Neko

Back