• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obsessions that you just don't get...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
I was laughing at my friend the other day because he just didn't get why a lot of girls were obsessed with Twilight.
He just said he just couldn't get why it was so good that people could be obsessed over it.
Another friend of mine said the similar thing except it was with Harry Potter.
My cousin is obsessed with turning off any Electrical Socket switch that's been left on but personally it doesn't bother me....

Are their any Obsessions that people have the you just don't get?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
  • I don't get the obsession with Justin Bieber. The guy seems mediocre at best and he is already getting his own movie really.

• I don't get the whole crazy about texting either. If I was to converse with someone over a phone I dial their number and verbally talk to them. The conversation goes much faster and I can move on to the next thing.

• I never understood why under aged kids are so caught up on drinking alcoholic beverages. Seriously all they are is a drink just like anything else. The only difference is Alcohol is a depressant where as soft drifts, water, and so on are not. I don't know if they think they are cool because they are doing booze but I think it is just stupid and contributes to numerous car crash's and deaths each year. And for what just to consume a liquid substance?!

• I kind of understand Twilight, but I don't get why there is so much fanfare. More then likely it is just the teenage girls like OMG guys with shirts off that have muscles ah la la. Heck I would just assume Blade come and kill all of them and be do with it. But different people like different things, so more power to 'em.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I don't get how pepole are obseesd with eastenders, emerdaile. etc.
I find them a waste of time.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I don't really understand why people collect toys/posters etc.

I see no purpose in them other than to give away more of your money.

Years
I don't get why people change their gender on forums (like for example a male constantly changing their gender between male and female). Uh.... I can't think of anything else on the spot. I don't get the Big Bang Theory either, everyone seems to like that show but I've watched it and it's terrible.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't get why people are obsessed with Glee, Twilight and Justin Bieber. IMO, they're overrated.

aguinn99

Im a firin mah lazor
Years
  • Age 24
  • USA
  • Seen Jul 26, 2011
yea.theres this girl on my bus who likes Justin bieber so much she writes i love Justin Bieber all over her stuff.(Justin bieber sucks) thats weird thats what I was going to post platinnum dude.(and did post)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
I don't "get" any obsession other than my own obsessions; but everyone has a different taste in what they like. I might think it's strange to like Justin Bieber, but I'm sure all the Bieber fans think the bands I enjoy are strange too. Everyone's just different, so I don't think any particular obsessions are any weirder than any other obsession.

If someone has found something that makes them happy enough to obsess over it, then I say good for them, regardless of what it is.
The only obsession I really dislike is the obsession that some people have with putting others down just because they like certain things.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I don't understand any obsessions - especially those that are on par with all the Lady Gaga fanatics out there. I have a few passions in life, but ones that are ever-evolving and that lead to something more than just a few mp3 tracks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
One obsession I've noticed that I really don't get is Lord of th eRings. One of my friends is so obsessed. He would recognise anyone from the film, even the smallest hobbit extra part, in any film or TV show he watches.

Another is more political, and mainly involves someone I know and the UK Conservative Party. Even going so far, as to last election, he worked out the percentages of the votes in our area to all parties, just for fun.

Years
I "get" other people's obsessions in the sense that I see there is something in them that would appeal to them (even with weird obsessions) and that it gives them pleasure. It's normal for you to want more of something that makes you happy.

The part of obsessions that I don't really get are how over-saturating yourself with one thing can be enjoyable. There are lots of things I like, but I like to have variety to keep my mind stimulated. I suppose that if you obsess over a celebrity or musician you can always hope for news and movies or albums to come out periodically, but I don't understand how that can hold someone's interest.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
JAPAN

Yes that's right, people. I don't understand what this country has to offer that merits people to obsess over the culture like crazy! Anime? What's so great about it- really? I love me some American cartoons but I don't go and download EVERY SINGLE OTHER ONE.

Why learn that language in particular, too? What's wrong with French, Spanish, Greek?
: |

I just don't get it. Sure you can like it.. but everyone seems to go OVERBOARD.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
Years

~ Politics
~ FPS games
~ Otaku culture [LE GASP]
~ Religion
~ Alcohol
~ IRL socialization in general
~ People bashing others due to what's mainstream

Probably more things, I'm just a misanthropist in general.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years

Justin Bieber: this one I don't get and I don't think I will ever understand why "fan girls" get obsessed with him. In my opinion he can't sing, his voice probably hasn't broken yet either.

Jedward:
Or other known as John and Edward Grimes losers of the X Factor.. man did suck at singing and their hair! why the hell are people obsessed with them?! *my opinion*

Glee: Never liked this program or anything related to it :/
Still, I don't see why people are obsessed with this.

High school musical: Possibly the most mind numbing Disney film, I've ever watched in my life :|
My teacher made our class watch this and my friends are obsessed with it even more worse is that they started singing to it

Agent Clank

Bye PC
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
Justin Beiber, Twilight, Glee and Disney :P

Years
Justin Beiber, Twilight, Glee and Disney :P
All that kiddy crap is what I hate about most of the people in my school.
And that really is about it.
Oh, and when people take video games too far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back