• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long time Pokemon fan but new to rom hacking

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Hiya, I'm LaDestitute but you can also just call me Dylan! Haven't been around here, but I sometimes occasionally frequent Bulbaforums and use the Bulbapedia wiki very often.
I've been a long time Pokemon fan (been playing since Generation I, since I got Pokemon Red Version for my 10th birthday or so, man that was ten years ago), and my favorite generation is Generation II although I love all the generations equally. I finished Black 2 and I'm replaying LeafGreen.

I'm new to rom hacking (still figuring out some stuff, mostly with intermediate stuff and trying to add new Pokemon without replacing existing ones), and I'm mostly just screwing around with it for now, but I think it's very very possible I'll do something worthwhile with it. As for any reason why, I was inspired to play around with rom hacking due to a favorite fakemon artist of mine.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
Hello Dylan! Welcome to the forum!

My favorite generation is gen II as well! Johto is awesome, and I've always loved the Pokemon of that region the best. (Scizor <3)

Since your interested in rom hacking, you should check out the Emulation section of the forum. There you can find tutorials, tools, and all the resources you need to build your own hack. Also be sure to check out hacks made by our creative members here, they're quite cool!

See you around! (:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey there Dylan! Welcome to PC! :)

I've been a long time Pokemon fan too, ever since the early days of Red and Blue. I don't know if I can call Johto my favorite gen, but it's definitely up there on the list.

The Emulation forum here is fantastic, so even if you're just learning I'm sure you'll be able to pick up all the information you need while you're here. Developing a game must be hard, but it sounds like you've got some good inspiration. Speaking of which, I'm a bit of an artist myself, so I'd really, really love to see the fakemons you're talking about! Personally, I love seeing new designs, especially if their implemented well into a game, so definitely keep us up to date on how everything's going!

Enjoy PC, Dylan. And don't forget to ask if you have any questions. Be seeing you! n_n;

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Hey there Dylan! :)

So you're a new rom hacker? I'm a rom hacker too! Well you can go to the Emulation forums. For a new rom hacker you need to read lots of tutorials in the aspect that you want to learn. And if you have any troubles finding answers you can always post a question in the Simple Questions Thread in the Rom Hacking Forums. Or maybe you can also ask me in a VM/PM if you want. I also recommend you to play the hacks here! There are many awesome hacks around pc that you will definitely like I promise! :) If you wan to have a chat just VM me whether it's about rom hacking or not. :3

If you have any questions regarding the forum you can ask any of our dear staff members via VM/PM.

Welcome and have a nice stay here on Pokecommunity! :)

LaDestitute

Razor Sharp
Years
Sorry for the belated reply, but here's my rom hack's regional pokedex so far:
http://imgur.com/a/mdQMp#3

It also doubles as a gallery for all of the Pokemon art the artist did, who went by the alias of MagesPages and later Poke Pages. I meant "who went" by that, sadly because he hasn't been active for yeaaaaaaaars.

Back