• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Black and White Guidelines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Black and White Guidelines
Welcome to the Black and White section! Since you're reading these rules I assume you have an interest in talking about these games? If so, check out the global rules right here before reading the rest of this thread.
VyDru.png

Useful Links
» Do you need help getting a certain Pokemon? Trade for it here.
» Do you have a question about the games? Get help here or try to find the answer to your question in B/W's FAQ.
» Wanna write about your Black and White experiences? Post about them here.
» Do you want to give feedback on the forum? Post it here.
» Do you think Ruby and Sapphire will get a remake? Discuss it here instead of posting in this section.
» Do you want a quick battle? Ask here.
» Do you need Black and White emulation help? Ask here.
» Do you need moveset help/putting together an incomplete team? Ask for it here.
» Do you need help with creating a team, or where best to train a certain Pokemon? Ask here.

Black and White Gameplay
Now the English release date has passed, you're probably going to want to show your progress and post walkthrough videos or let's plays. This wouldn't be the place to put them however, but you are allowed to make these videos in the Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews subforum of the Video Gaming section.

Action Replay Codes/Cheats
You're free to post threads on Action Replay codes/other cheats as long as you mention that they could be potentially dangerous to your save files if used incorrectly.

Post-and-Go Threads
I'm trying to encourage a more discussion-based forum, so if you create a thread which is likely to only have a one-liner answer, try and find a way to reply to other people's posts and create more discussion. I just want members to stay and enjoy the discussion rather than to leave after quickly answering a few threads, so if you respond to their posts a bit it'll help encourage discussion.

Thread prefixes
You're allowed to post in any threads with the weekly poll prefix, or ongoing discussion whether they were posted in 2010, 2011 or 2012. So get creative, dig up some old discussions in the weekly polls and really get some good debates happening.

Do not use the "[B/W Weekly Poll]" or "[Ongoing Discussion]" prefix for your own threads, though, as it is only for me to use.

You can find a link to these weekly polls here.

Black and White Anime
Don't post anything about Best Wishes / Black and White anime in the Black and White section because the anime does not relate to the games. Post about the Best Wishes / Black and White anime (and movies) in the Pokémon Anime section.

Black 2 and White 2
Post about the games in the Black 2 and White 2 forum.

Other
Those are the guidelines you need to follow, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to send a PM to me. Have fun discussing!

- Forever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back