• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Gen. V Global Link Shutdown Question

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
I only recently caught wind of it, and I have to say, I'm disappointed. It's my fault though, I only recently acquired Pokemon White and White 2, and not until today did I decide to try out its Game Sync feature. I get on the website to put in some codes, and to my unpleasant surprise, I find out they're shutting down the entire Gen V-based system to make room for X and Y. I suppose that's fair enough, and it is my fault for being unfashionably late to the not-so-new generation. Still, with January 14th only days away, I don't even have time to properly and thoroughly enjoy Game Sync and its Dream World feature.

My question is this: Will I still have access to basic NWC features? That includes being able to connect with players around the world to trade and battle pokemon, play mini games, exchange Friend Codes, do a Feeling Check, voice chat, etc.

Back