• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Question on Eventing

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Ok, so I hope this will be easy to answer.

In my game, I have an event (no graphic) that when touched by the player, says a message and makes them turn around. A little way away from it, there is another event that causes a completely different event to walk over to the player. My problem is, the 3rd event that walks to the player passes the event that made the player turn around. Whenever the 3rd event touches it, it just stops moving. Is there a way to delete the 1st event from the 2nd event so the 3rd event can pass over it?

I am now just worried after typing that that no one will understand what I mean. Here is a model, kind of.

XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXX2XXXXXX
XXXXXX1XXXX
XXXXXX1XXX3
XXXXXX1XXXX
XXXXXXXXXXX

so the 1s are a simple roadblock that take up the entire path. event 2 makes event 3 walk over to the player, but the event has to cross the path, which rmxp won't let it do, because the 1 events are there.

Is there a way, when event 2 is touched by the player, to delete the 1 events, or allow event 3 to cross over them?

Please help if you understand what I am saying

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Make event 3 be a "through" event or "always on top" providing it doesn't go by any trees, signs or buildings... Through is the way you want to go though.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Sorry this probably sounds noobish but how do I make it a through event

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Open the event and at the bottom left part, make a tick on "Through"

Thanks a ton. I just had another idea to the solution though. Can someone tell me if this should work.

So when the player steps on event 2, it activates a switch, before anything else is made to happen. On all of the 1 events, there is a page set to auto run, that go when said switch is on. All thats on this page is delete event.

I will go with the through for now, but can someone let me know if this will work. After that, I have no more use for this thread.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
You have no need for delete event.

If you have no need for that event after event 1 is touched and said switch is turned on, make a second page have that switch as a trigger and leave it blank.

Back