• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you name your PC storage boxes?

mishyoona

Supermanda
Years
I like to keep an organized system, having certain types of Pokémon together in one box that generalizes them based on their elements. So I'll have my fire box, water box, poison box, etc.

How I go about naming each box is by Final Fantasy spells. So my fire box is named "Firaga", water is "Waterga", poison is "Poisona", ghosts and ground types go in "Darkra", and I even have a cutie box (with Eevee, Jigglypuff, Clefairy, etc.) titled "Bubble". And rock/steel types go into the "Shellga" box.

I assign each wallpaper accordingly.

Yeah, I have fun with it.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I also did the type deal for a long time, but the huge discrepancies between the amount of pokemon per type group made the system inefficient in terms of wasting space. Now I just sort them by level, since B2W2 has a search function, sorting them has become a non-issue.

mishyoona

Supermanda
Years
I also did the type deal for a long time, but the huge discrepancies between the amount of pokemon per type group made the system inefficient in terms of wasting space. Now I just sort them by level, since B2W2 has a search function, sorting them has become a non-issue.

I see what you're saying. That's why I dedicate some to appearance, like the "cutie" types of Pokemon. Especially for normal ones, which there's a lot of.

Fun stuff.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If my game becomes a storage game, I usually organize by types, legendaries, and shinies. If something is shiny and legendary, it'll just go in the legendary box. I like to match the wallpaper to the box's content as well. I sometimes organize by what generation the Pokemon was introduced, but that's done in a lazy way and it doesn't get pretty wallpaper.

mishyoona

Supermanda
Years
I'm quite proud of what I've got going on. It inspires me to actually go get certain types, which is sometimes a huge pain in the ass for me cause....I dunno. I just want to go on with the story.

#isthenumbersign
Years
My boxes are kinda random, whatever box a Pokemon happens to land in is the one they stay in until I withdraw haha. As for the names, Box1/whatever the generic name is will suffice. Soooo lazy. :3

mishyoona

Supermanda
Years
My boxes are kinda random, whatever box a Pokemon happens to land in is the one they stay in until I withdraw haha. As for the names, Box1/whatever the generic name is will suffice. Soooo lazy. :3

rofl whatever gets the job done hey. I used to do that too, but I'm an organization freak. I actually have fun organizing the ****.

Years
I am a bit of a neat freak... I usually set up Box 1 as "New" for when I catch one past my six-carry limit, One for Eggs, One for Unknowns, and the rest are categorized by Pokedex National numbers by slot.

If you think it's a tiring process.... IT IS!

LoL :t006:

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I do the hole pokemon types for all my pokemon boxes because I find it easier.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
If I can be bothered the most I'll do is change the wallpapers of my box. I'm not one to be particularly fussy about the organisation of my Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
If I have a lot of pokes I do tend to name the boxes. Team for team pokes, and in Soul silver i sorted them according to Pokeathlon abilities(strengths, speed etc)
Other wise, I may sort them by level or most commonly by type (dark, electro etc)

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Depends on which game version I have at the time, plus the amount of Pokemon I have in my storage boxes. Although, I like to keep separate boxes named like "Level 100" or/and "Eggs" for those Pokemon at Lv100 and all of my unhatched eggs, so I can easily find them.

Autophobic

Fearing Isolation
Years
All I really used to do is make a box for eggs and then change the wallpapers, but I don't even do that anymore.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I have one box for members of old teams from files I've deleted called "Heroes," then a box for Pokemon I've bred that I haven't used yet called "Recruits" and then a box called "Pink" for all the pink shinies I've collected! Then the rest aren't named and used for random storage.

Sirfetch’d

Box 1, Box 2, Box 3, etc. I don't name or organize my boxes. I just randomly let Pokemon get put in the boxes and I find them when I need them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't name my boxes, nor decorate them. But I do organize them, because I'm an organizing freak. xD I separate them by Party Pokemon I'm using, HM-slaved Pokemon, Currently-in-training Pokemon, Baby Pokemon, and eggs.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
I sometimes organize by what generation the Pokemon was introduced, but that's done in a lazy way and it doesn't get pretty wallpaper.

I'm stealing this idea. Apparently this message is too short.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Newbies 1-3 - First three boxes where newly caught Pokémon go before sorting.
Favourites - Favourites/team Pokémon.
Warriors - For competitive Pokémon.
Cuties - For cute Pokémon.
Fodder - For random/rubbish Pokémon that I don't intend to use.
Breeders - Pokémon that will be used for breeding (egg moves etc).
Fillers - Pokémon that need evolving/breeding for Pokédex completion.
Relics - Final box Pokémon traded over from previous games or rare/event legendaries go for safe keeping.

And that usually takes up all my boxes with some sections having more than one box dedicated to them. And yes, I did put too much thought into organising them. :D

Back