• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help on team improvements pl0x

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
I've not faced the champ yet but I'm not really happy with my team anymore. Any help or criticisms are appreciated :). Please note though, I am happy with Emboar and Galvantula. I can live with letting Ferrothorn and Reshiram go at a push. Carracosta and Krookodile have to go though, I'm not happy with them at all.

1. Emboar, lv. 60
Item: Charcoal

Heat Crash
Flamethrower
Bulldoze
Brick Break

2. Galvantula, lv. 56
Item: Magnet

Electro Ball
Electroweb
Signal Beam
X-scissor

3. Ferrothorn, lv. 55
Item: Rocky Helmet

Power Whip
Iron Head
Ingrain
Payback

4. Reshiram, lv. 55
Item: Dragon Fang

Dragon Pulse
Extrasensory
Fly
Fusion Flare

5. Carracosta, lv. 50
Item: Quick Claw

Waterfall
AncientPower
Surf
Strength

6. Krookodile, lv. 55
Item: DarkGlasses

Earthquake
Dig
Crunch
Fowl Play

Any help is really appreciated :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Right now your team is kinda balanced with weakness to Fighting & Ground, so if you're getting rid of Krookodile and Carracosta I'll suggest maybe Golurk or even Swanna? Seeing that if you remove Carra you'll be left without a water type, which is always good to have.

Since you have Reshiram, I'm assuming this is post-game so you can get TMs. For Emboar, find Earthquake (in Relic Castle I think). If you want, Hammer Arm is a more powerful alternative to Brick Break as Emboar's speed is already kinda low. Replace Flamethrower with Wild Charge (found in Victory Road) as Emboar is more of a physical attacker and you already have a fire move anyway.

On Route 12 you can find TM for Energy Ball which is kinda cool on Galvantula. You also might as well change out Reshiram's Extrasensory for Psychic, which is on Route 13. Fly isn't really a good move, but yeah it's useful to have a flyer ingame still.

I hope this helps~!

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2012
Right now your team is kinda balanced with weakness to Fighting & Ground, so if you're getting rid of Krookodile and Carracosta I'll suggest maybe Golurk or even Swanna? Seeing that if you remove Carra you'll be left without a water type, which is always good to have.

Now, it's interesting you should say Swanna (I have a Golurk that I already got rid of). If I were to go for a Water/Flying type I would choose Gyarados. Any thoughts? Also, I was toying with the idea of Hydreigon too?

Back