• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokemon Black/White VS Pokemon Black 2 White 2

Kevan

Pokemon Team Analyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
Hello All,

So, alot of people (including me) have said that Pokemon Black 2/White 2 was a good sequal but not many people have been comparing the two so i created a thread so that people could compare the two and express their opinions on the two games.

Kevan

Pokemon Team Analyst
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2013
This compares pokemon black 2 and pokemon white 2 but i was comparing pokemon black and white vs pokemon black 2 and white 2

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I think bw 2 is such a big improvement over bw. It is like they listened to complaints and just made them right. they made the storyline less linear (as in just walking in a circle from one twon to next) they gave us decent pokemon from the start and a great aftergame, you finally dont need to murder the wild pokemon population of unova just to get your pokemon to a higher level.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Although I prefer Black/White 2 over B/W, I just find it strange that there are Pokemon from the past Gen in the game. I mean it doesn't feel right...
I had the same feeling after beating B/W, when I continued the post game it was such a drag catching all the past Gen Pokemon that randomly appear in one side of the region.
I'm not complaining or anything, it's just I find past Gen Pokemon don't 'suit' the game? ;P

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Definitely prefer black 2 and white 2 over black and white. Though I loved black and white, we dont need a complete blank start of a new gen. Past gen inclusion is something that has always been done and it just feels weird not to continue it. though that isn't my biggest thing. I loved the Post-game of BW2 more than any other pokemon game there has ever been. There are all kinds of side things that I simply loved. And Marlon, Roxie, and Cheren were great additions as gym leaders, though I did love lenora, and Brycen. I will admit though, Black and white has probably the greatest storyline of any pokemon game, BW2 did hold up to their ranking pretty well. Also BW2 is now the first game I ever completed my pokedex for which was for the wonderful shiny charm!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
since I only played black and white I will say white is the best since you can get a baton in white city or whatevee if you can get a bagon in bw2 it is automatically better imo

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I prefer Pokémon Black and White over Black 2 and White 2. When I played Black/White 2, I didn't have fun as much as I thought I would. I thought these games would expand greatly on the story and characters, but they didn't. The games didn't offer us anything new, other than a few new locations and Pokémon formes. To be honest, B/W 2 simply just felt like a rehash of the original Black/White. xD"

Years
I have to take Black 2 and White 2 over the originals. They're my favorite Pokémon games to date, for a few reasons. They have so many Pokémon to choose from and make a team out of, and the big main Kyurem event...oh my goodness, that cutscene is just the definition of epic.

In addition, I felt as if B2W2 moved much more fluidly and smooth, and had much better visual presentations (for example, the grass moves in the background). And the conveniences such as the free space pocket, being able to re-spray Repels immediately, and much more.

And there's the post-game, which is a big stand-out. The Black Tower/White Treehollow, legendaries galore, lots of tough trainers, the PWT, and above all, the fact that they motivate you to try to complete the Pokédex with things like the Permit, Oval Charm and Shiny Charm. I have the Shiny Charm in my main White 2 game, and it's the second one that i've legitimately completed the National Dex on, after Platinum.

Bottom line, Black 2 and White 2 are my favorites to date. They have so much to do, and overall, I just love them.

Years
I loved how they improved things in BW 2 such as the post game and giving us more things to do. But I prefer BW1 slightly because I felt BW had more character development than BW2.

I also felt that even though BW2 was better than BW1 in some areas, it still felt roughly the same experience. I think because I felt like I knew most of what was about to come in BW2 because I played BW1, it just sort of made BW2 feel less surprising.

Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2022
I have to say Black 2/White 2. Because there were pokemon from past gens there were a lot more options for a team, and I really liked that. I also liked starting in a new town. It gave me the idea of a completely fresh start.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2015
I WANT POKEMON BW. Cause its make Pokemon Harder so it will be so challengable! If you choose Pokemon BW 2 that will be too easy! So I go with Pokemon BW!

Years
Black 2 and White 2 definitely, the games have loads of new features and improvements and not to mention the storyline is not so rushed. I do still like both sets of games, but B2/W2's features won me over in this case. It's way more addictive than Black and White imo.

Back