• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who's that Pokemon! [ Week 10 ]

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Information

Every week there will be an enlarged image of a Pokemon. It's up to you to guess which Pokemon it is. Once you think you know which Pokemon it is, PM BinaryPeaches your guess. Winners will receive the following:
First Correct Guess: Bronze WTP Emblem
After Ten Correct Guesses: Silver WTP Emblem
After Twenty Correct Guesses: Gold WTP Emblem

BinaryPeaches will be keeping track of how many guesses each member has done. If you think you've reached 10 or 20 guesses but haven't received an emblem, contact her and it'll be sorted out. At the end of the week I'll post what Pokemon it was, and the winners of that week. Then within the next few moments a new thread with the next Pokemon will be posted.​

Rules

• You may only guess once per week, so be sure you're extremely sure of your guess before PMing.
  • Do not put your guess in this thread. Please PM BinaryPeaches your guess.
  • Put 'Who's That Pokemon' (or 'WTP') in the subject of your PM when you send your guess.
  • You may post in this thread. However, it may not be anything that might hint to other people what the Pokemon is, or the Pokemon's name. All posts with such information will be deleted and marked as spam. What you may post is if you guess, and how hard/easy you think it was.
  • You may discuss last week's Pokemon in this thread, in the case you didn't get a chance to in the thread before this one.
  • There will be no hints. Don't ask for them.
  • Don't bug me if the answer is late. Real life might have possibly suddenly got in the way. If I know about something in advanced I'll mention it, but life likes to take unexpected turns. Just be patient and the answer will be put up as soon as I possibly can.
  • Have fun!

Pokemon of the Week

2cy48cy.png

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
I got last week's wrong, but I'm almost 100% sure I got this one right. For last week's, I guessed Fearow. Guessing through the Dream World art can be tough since so many Pokemon use identical shades of color.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Though I don't want to be the sore loser here I must point out some things:

Spoiler:

OK. Notice how similar the second and third ones are? The second one = Ursaring. The third one = Swinub. Next, notice how Ursaring's colors are more similar to the picture's than Swinub's. Regardless, the two close-ups are very similar in colors AND shape and thus it can go either way. To fix this, I would either null last week's entirely (i.e. the people who got it right wouldn't get the extra point) OR count votes for Pokemon that have similar colors AND shapes. The former would be easier to do, though.

My point is made. In before "too bad"; my other suggestion is that next time (such as with this week's) do not choose a spot that could be ambiguous. I honestly don't care if you disregard my previous suggestion so long as you at least keep this one in mind.

Don't kill me please ;;

Last edited:
Years
Ah, I forgot to guess on the last one. D: But I think I know what this one is already. I'll have to check though.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2011
Bummer, I was pretty off with Buizel on the last one :p

This one wasn't too bad - I'm probably wrong, but it seemed pretty easy!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
It's not like I go through every single Pokemon and check. I just picked the Pokemon (actually my sister picked last week's), picked where I think wouldn't be too easy to guess and chose it. Sorry if it looks a lot like another Pokemon, but it just adds to the difficulty imo. =3= Anywhere else on Swinub would have been too easy, where I have learned from the first few WTP. You guys wanted it harder, so I'm trying to make it harder. I'm also going to note where I was last week end (Arizona) so it's not like I could have spent much time checking exactly if it looked ambiguous or not.

Trust me. I could have been much worse with what I was thinking on doing the past two weeks or so.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Harder! Are you serious, who wants it harder. ;; I am going to cry.
This time around I am going to be extremely sure of my answer.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
More difficult or not, it's unfair to those who guessed a Pokemon with a similar appearance. And if you think the rest is too easy, pick another Pokemon. Easy as that. Heck, you can make something difficult without choosing a spot that could be ambiguous. Take Arcanine, for example. I had to go through at least ten Pokemon (probably) before getting it.

I still strongly believe something should be done about it. Disregard my "I don't care" in the previous post; your reason for choosing such a place just isn't good enough, imo :/ And your being in Arizona doesn't matter either; it's not like you're obligated to make a new one each week; you have a life, who cares if others are complaining about you getting a new one up and giving the answer in time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Ugh. I'm too tired for this. If anyone else agrees, then I'll disregard it, that's that. I honestly don't need this. I was busy last week, and I didn't have the time to look through the Dream World art several times for a Pokemon. No excuses I'm assuming though. derp. However, I didn't want to stall it for a whole week, or change the day in which I release a new one (this one will still be ending on Saturday, btw).

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I also guessed it wrong, but I honestly don't mind. It just adds to the challenge, and even so, it's only one loss, afterall. Sure if you're aiming for the emblem it might take you a week longer, but it's just a game, and if it's too easy, then that ruins the fun, you gotta have a challenge. :3

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
More difficult or not, it's unfair to those who guessed a Pokemon with a similar appearance.

Exactly, similar appearance. The aim of the game is to guess the correct pokemon; correct, meaning that it is the pokeon that Binary Peaches has chosen. Quite frankly, if you've sent the wrong pokemon you lose; it's as simple as that. It doesn't matter if it has the similar colours, it's wrong, therefore you do not win that weeks competition. I myself have lost several times, and though I might complain in a funny manner, I suck it up and have fun with the next weeks. Please, it's just a game and by shooting out like that, you're just being immature.

Anyway, on a positive note, I am extremely happy. I think I have cut it down to 2 potential winners. Come on, I seriously need to win XD; haha. I'll show you Tara and your sis. Evil tagteam.

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
Years
Actually, I'm trying to take as mature an approach as possible.

Challenge or not, the image was ambiguous, so any "correct" guesses (these being by luck) shouldn't be counted, or anything similar should be counted.

Anyways, seems like no one ever agrees with the logical one.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
A little late to the party, but I just submitted my first guess :D

The13thSage

Only guy who likes Shedinja :P
Years
Submitted my guess a few days ago, but I'm pretty sure I know what this is. It was actually easy, considering I had a tab open with a list of pokemon of the mystery pokemon's type. Or I could be wrong.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
The answer will be up in about three-ish hours or so. Don't worry guys, I won't forget this time. xDD;

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I can't wait to see how I did with my first guess :D

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ooh, up early this week? Fancy!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Sophisticated Idiot says (8:02 PM):
*I should probably be putting up the new WTP and whatever right now. :V
*wait...
*it's friday.
*hi my name is tara and idk what day it is. ;;

If you guys want it up early then I'll put it up. xD Otherwise I'll stick to putting up tomorrow night.

Back