• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOOOOO! DEATH ZONED!!

Years
Have you ever been in the death zone before? If yes, how often are you death zoned and how did you get out of it?

The death zone is basically any time when you've nearly been killed / potentially killed.

Khawill

<3
Years
When I first moved to this state I didn't know you had to push a button to cross a road, almost got hit by a car while bike riding. (Forgot my helmet)

I was almost drowned by a few friends because we were having a breath holding contest

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
When I was around 5 or 6 years old, I had dengue fever, also known as breakbone fever. I was in the hospital for a few days. My mother told me when I got older was that it was severe, and she prayed every night for me to get well. Her prayers worked, because now I'm cured, and I didn't know that it was life threatening until a year ago.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Back when I was little, every scrape felt like I was about to die. So no, technically I haven't been in the death zone.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
The only time I've ever been close to death was when I was born. The umbilical cord was wrapped around my neck and was essentially choking me. I'm lucky enough however, that those who brought me into the world unwrapped it and got me breathing again.

Years
One time I started to drink some sort of windshield cleaner. I was really thirsty, and was tricked into thinking that the cleaner bottle held water. (I was really gullible) Luckily I didn't swallow/was able to wash my mouth out soon after.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I stepped out in front of a truck once, and frequently risk my life spelunking/rock climbing with no training or equipment of any kind, but I dunno if that counts. lol

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I had about two that I could remember. And both of them were related to swimming.

When I was really young, I couldn't swim very well and needed to use arm floats to stay afloat. I was swimming with my friends in the pool downstairs (I lived in a condominium back then), and at one point, one of them suddenly pushed my head down into the water. I was terrified of submerging my head into the water last time, so it was kinda a near-death experience for me.

The second incident was when I was swimming with another set of friends at a water park. You know those umbrella/mushroom things that pour water all around like a waterfall? Yea, those. I was swimming underneath one of those, and when I tried coming up for air, one of those double floater tubes was in the way. The tube was pretty huge, so I couldn't find the surface and started to panic. Yea, I certainly did a lot of panicking back in the day. Luckily at the very last moment, I found the edge of the tube and....well, here I am. Woohoo.

Here are the pictures of the mushroom waterfall thing and the tube, if you are interested lol.
Spoiler:

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
I was prematurely born, I could've died or something...
then there was the time I got hit by a rusty bolt on the elbow, and the time I fell down the stairs twice. Basically I almost died several times.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Lots of troubled births on PokeCommunity XD.

I nearly got hit by a car once when I was four years old. I got screeched at by my mother for like half an hour after that, that felt more like being in the death zone than my near-miss with the car :P

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I was prematurely born, I could've died or something... i was in hospital for 3 months and i had an operation in April 2 months after i was born so.... yeah
one day i was cycling to my school and i was late school so. i was in a hurry i almost got hit my a bus

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Let's see here. As far as I can remember there have been three moments where I could have died. Once when I was like eight I stopped in the middle of the road to pick up a toy which had fell off of my little brother's backpack. Once when I was around sixteen I was crossing the street with my older brother and would have been hit if my brother hadn't pulled me out of the way. For the next one I was eighteen. I almost drowned in one of those wave pools because my foot slipped over the line separating the shallow end from the deep end and seeing as I can't swim I was panicking.

Ice Car

Banned
Years
I've never been nearly killed, but I watched my brother almost get run over by a speeding car. It wasn't his fault at all, he just happened to be crossing a crosswalk when a high speed chase just decided to occur and blast through the area. The car sped out of the side road and slammed into a lady's car, sped off, and about 10 police cars came after it following it. There was a hell of a lot of commotion, it resulted from some shooting and understandably all over the news. News spreads fast here in Hawaii, so pretty much everyone knew about it either by word of mouth or on the road when dealing with the traffic.

Oh, good lord the traffic. Traffic was backed up for about 2 hours. It was dusk by time we were home. The bus we were to take home was 2 hours late and even then it took about half an hour to get off at our stop, at the bottom of a hill and we walked uphill for half an hour. And got home at 6:00 PM.

Memorable day, it truly was.

I wish I could say it had almost happened to me, that would be far more interesting.

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
I almost got hit by a speeding car when I was 17 along with coming up close with a mountain lion when walking home one time, there are other times when I faced death as well but I'm not talking about those.

.Skylight.

Through & Beyond
Years
This has happened to me quite a bit actually. Just the other day I was riding on a bike to the movies and and a truck if pulling out a apartment complex and the driver came out quick, I knew he was not going to see me or to stop on time so I swerve out of his way and on the street I had cars behind me. I was pretty close to being hit.

The other times are when I'm skateboarding, there will be gaps or drops I will try to trick over and I land in the street. I got hit, but nothing big, the other times the drivers had stopped luckily. There was one time I went to go to the plaza and I crossed the street this one guy nearly ran me over, he had ran a red lite. The funny thing is he flipped me off, this world is full of lovely people.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
Well, my appendix nearly burst in me when I was six, but I'm not sure if that would have killed me or not...possibly, I guess. It was taken out before it got the chance, thankfully.

I've lost count of the number of times I've almost been hit by cars, though. I had one very close shave in College a few years ago: we always had to cross a busy road to get in, and I was shoved out into the road by an absent-minded friend from behind who mistakenly thought the lights were red. They were, but not for the cars, and as a result I very nearly found myself decorating the front of one. It took me a while to develop any road sense, so that wasn't the only time.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Have you ever been in the death zone before? If yes, how often are you death zoned and how did you get out of it?

The death zone is basically any time when you've nearly been killed / potentially killed.

ERMAHGERD NO STEALING MY TITLE! THIS IS EXACTLY LIKE MY THREAD COPYCAT D:

Actually this has happened to me several times before. When I was in about 4th or 5th grade and I was riding bikes with a friend. He was ahead and I was trailing behind. Suddenly I was going too fast and lost control of my bike and speed in the middle of traffic. Luckily I was able to hit the brakes before a car was about to hit me and the driver halted before I was ran over.

I have also been almost jumped/robbed before and possibly could of died. Once when I was walking home from school junior year of high school I was cornered by a guy who asked me if I had any money for bus fares and when I said I had none, he chased me down an alley only to tell me he was "joking". What sick person does that? And then the people who tried to steal my iPod during the summer one year and knocked my drink out of my hand. The ended right after that fortunately with iPod still with me intact.

So I have been at near death many times.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Oh yes, I remember something. I remember when I was really young, I fell face first into a paddle pool filled with water. Having little strength to push myself up and out of the pool as a toddler, mum had to snatch me out of the pool asap.

Back