• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Legendary Trio Ideas / Speculation

Guy

just a guy
Years
When Pokémon first started, it gave us Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. Then Johto came along and we were given Raikou, Entei, and Suicune (my personal favorites). When the Third Generation came knocking, we were introduced to Regice, Registeel, and Regirock. With Sinnoh came Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf. As of late, in Gen V, we now have Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion as well as Tornadus, Thunderus, and Landorus, the latter three who have their own unique Therian forms.

As the pattern continues, if there's one thing we can count on is this: a new legendary trio for the X&Y region. We've had birds, we've had dogs/lions, we've had golems, and pixies, as well as deers (?) and genies. So what's next?

What ideas do you all have for the new legendary trio? What would you like to see them based off? What types would you prefer? And even though it's still early, do you have any good background stories to speculate about?

blue

gucci
Years
I hope they don't introduce too many legendaries this generation, we had more than enough in Gen IV & Gen V!

Anyway, I'd like to have some sort of purely based Poision type Legendary, we haven't had one yet if you exclude Arceus with the Toxic Plate.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
We need a legendary trio based on the ghosts from A Christmas Carol, with Marley's ghost as an event legendary/ring leader.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
What abouuuut pegasi? They're mystic animals, sooo why not? Mmm, this is interesting, but what about Griffins? You know, head of eagle, body of lion? There can be cool combinations of that~

As for the representation, I dunno, this is still based under the assumption that X and Y represent Chromosomes, so, maybe they can represent codes of a DNA stand? Well, a given there's 4 type sof coding, but, something like that?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I hope they do do a legendary trio and only a legendary trio (plus the main two mascot legendaries). Not sure what we'd see, maybe Sharks or something? I've no idea.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'll like a trio made of a Griffin, Pegasis, and Sphinx. They can all be part flying with a different secondaty type like electric for the griffin, fighting for the pegasis (those horses could kick hard in the myths), and Psychic for the Sphinx. Also they could all have a different method of capture, Griffin is stationary, Pegasis flees (like in a myth in which it would run away), and the Sphinx has a puzzle involving it.

Years
I agree with Sydian, I hope they don't introduce too many legendaries!

I hope we get a cool bug type legendary, as genesect seemed too much like robot for my taste, and a poison type would be cool too. Perhaps it could be bug, poison, and dark... the plague trio? Could be interesting! Or they could be based off the four horsemen of the apocalypse, so four legendaries like the musketeer "trio." It would be bug - famine, poison - pestilence, fighting - war, and dark - death. And I'd see you being able to capture the pokemon that represents death as happening at a later time, or as part of an event or something. That could also be interesting! :D

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
We need a legendary trio based on the ghosts from A Christmas Carol, with Marley's ghost as an event legendary/ring leader.

Love this idea! I just googled French mythology and apparently they have a myth about females ghosts known as Dames Blanches. I would love to have a ghost trio.

Years
Maybe we could have four pokemon based on the horse man of the Apocolypse. They would look human like. Death would be Dark, Famine ice, War Fire, and the fourth Steel.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Maybe, and going still on the genetics vibe some of us have gotten from the trailer and speculations, I would love to see a "chimera" like pokemon trio.

The 3 would have similar body parts only set differently throughout there body and also relatively changed depending on their habitat.

So maybe the 3 animals could be Lion, Griffin and Shark (just for example)... And you would find one in the skies with prominent bird body, one in the sea with prominent shark body and one in the ground with prominent Lion body.

Of course, unless they where different versions of the same pokemon, I would expect they look different enough to be unique from each other but similar enough so players could make the connection.

Years
A griffin represents both land and sky though (third mascot?!) in medival symbolism.

I like the idea of a female ghost trio. We had an all male trio last gen so why not all female this time. Maybe they can be Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Electric and Ghost/Psychic

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
more ghost types would be awesome... specially if the where legendary.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I think they might be using dragons this time for a legendary trio. I'd like to see a Fire dragon, a Water dragon and an Electric dragon. Similar to the dragons in Zelda Skyward Sword.

They would be great to use in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Years
I think they might be using dragons this time for a legendary trio. I'd like to see a Fire dragon, a Water dragon and an Electric dragon. Similar to the dragons in Zelda Skyward Sword.

They would be great to use in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.
Maybe those three can be the new regions versions of Unova's dragon trio similar to how the beasts were seen as the Johto versions of Kanto's bird trio (leaving the ice type out).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Maybe those three can be the new regions versions of Unova's dragon trio similar to how the beasts were seen as the Johto versions of Kanto's bird trio (leaving the ice type out).

Yeah, 'cause the Ice-type one was mainly used in Black/White for Kyurem, due to Reshiram and Zekrom's origins that came from Kyurem.

But Fire, Electric and Water are great combinations. ;D

Years
  • PA
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Guys, the mascots are based on the coordinate grid, ya know the whole x/y/z thing. Y being up and down (that's why it's a bird) X being left and right(that's why it's a stag). So where are you getting this chromosome bs? I understand that there are two chromosomes x and y, but those only determine gender, nothing else. Furthermore why would a stag(male) represent the FEMALE chromosome?

Enough ranting, back to the topic. I think that the trio will probably be with the two mascots and a third one relating to the z of a coordinate grid.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Guys, the mascots are based on the coordinate grid, ya know the whole x/y/z thing. Y being up and down (that's why it's a bird) X being left and right(that's why it's a stag). So where are you getting this chromosome bs? I understand that there are two chromosomes x and y, but those only determine gender, nothing else. Furthermore why would a stag(male) represent the FEMALE chromosome?

Enough ranting, back to the topic. I think that the trio will probably be with the two mascots and a third one relating to the z of a coordinate grid.

We are getting this "chromosome bs" from the Jap logos of Pokemon X and Y. You can see a double helix in the logo, and this is where we got our chromosome, DNA and genes theory thing.

Back on topic, I really think the idea of the Ghosts of Christmas and the Four Horsemen are great and it wold be awesome to have them

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What abouuuut pegasi? They're mystic animals, sooo why not? Mmm, this is interesting, but what about Griffins? You know, head of eagle, body of lion? There can be cool combinations of that~

I want those horses! They would be wonderful, especially after watching MLP and being able to capture one in-game or fight it even. I'm sure they'd have amazing designs too. :3;

Guy

just a guy
Years
Personally, I think the idea of another dragon trio, mascot or otherwise, is a bit much. It's refreshing that the two new mascots don't seem to have any resemblance to being Dragon types that I'd like for the lesser Legendary Trio to be something a bit more creative. Different, I should say. Ghost types would be nice. The idea of basing it off of the Christmas Carol is quite charming.

I love the idea of a Pegasi trio or Griffins. I'd say we're long overdue for a Griffin Pokémon.

As mentioned, there's a double helix found within the game titles. Take a look and you'll see.

Spoiler:

Back