• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manga recommendation

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
What sort of genre do you prefer? Also, most of the good mangas I know are still ongoing, though some of them are finished.....So, any specific genres?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
That's a pretty varied list, although I cracked up when I saw My Balls! because I finished that a couple of days ago. I'm just gonna toss out a few things I like.

Bokurano
Are you down for the systematic murder of a bunch of children under the guise of giant robot fights? Plot's solid, most characters are decently written, it's not very happy, and if you hate a character then chances are they die so it's all good.

Mahou Shoujo Kazumi Magica
Spiritual sequel to Madoka. I much prefer Kazumi because I like the cast more. Can't say what sci-fi aspect is brought in to replace time travel since it'd be a huge spoiler, but it's pretty short so it's worth it. Plenty of homages to Madoka in it too.

NEET Princess Terrass
She's a princess and a NEET. Wonderful combination. Overall it's pretty funny, especially if you're a self-loathing otaku.

Tokyo Akazukin
Loli Red Riding Hood kills a bunch of people while looking for someone to devour her body in a non-sensual cannibalistic sense. Very NSFW for many reasons. Plot gets kind of confusing later on, but the character designs are pretty awesome. Vivian is straight-up one of my favorite manga characters ever.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
What sort of genre do you prefer? Also, most of the good mangas I know are still ongoing, though some of them are finished.....So, any specific genres?

Anything actually.But not so many mecha

That's a pretty varied list, although I cracked up when I saw My Balls! because I finished that a couple of days ago. I'm just gonna toss out a few things I like.

Bokurano
Are you down for the systematic murder of a bunch of children under the guise of giant robot fights? Plot's solid, most characters are decently written, it's not very happy, and if you hate a character then chances are they die so it's all good.

Mahou Shoujo Kazumi Magica
Spiritual sequel to Madoka. I much prefer Kazumi because I like the cast more. Can't say what sci-fi aspect is brought in to replace time travel since it'd be a huge spoiler, but it's pretty short so it's worth it. Plenty of homages to Madoka in it too.

NEET Princess Terrass
She's a princess and a NEET. Wonderful combination. Overall it's pretty funny, especially if you're a self-loathing otaku.

Tokyo Akazukin
Loli Red Riding Hood kills a bunch of people while looking for someone to devour her body in a non-sensual cannibalistic sense. Very NSFW for many reasons. Plot gets kind of confusing later on, but the character designs are pretty awesome. Vivian is straight-up one of my favorite manga characters ever.

Thanks thats a lot of manga.I like the idea of the red riding hood.Is it like Blood-C or Blood+?(Not story but fighting and stuff)

Is a manga called Basara any good?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Anything from my favs.

NHrOmRU.png

JesterLegacy

Random Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 4, 2013
Well, if anything's fine with you:

Midori no Hibi
Basically, it is about an extremely strong school delinquent that is admired by one of the students. He thinks it is impossible to find a girlfriend due to the reason that many of the students are afraid of him. However, one morning, he found that the one girl who admires him became his right hand (or stuck on his right hand?)

Fullmetal Alchemist
I believe you have at least heard of this one right? It's about two alchemists which are searching for the Philosopher's stone to recover their broken bodies. They harmed their bodies due to the reason that they tried to revive their dead mother through alchemy. Yes, they are siblings. Many awesome moments here :)

To Love-Ru
Into Romance, Harem, Ecchi? Then this is probably going to suit your taste. Well, to put it short, it is about a boy that encounters an alien girl, and then more and more alien girls started to pop out which will unfold him into a life full of surprises.

Mirai Nikki
Another famous one. The God of Time and Space needs to find his successor, so he decided to throw a game, in which the participants will have their own "Future Diaries" which have the ability to predict the future. They need to eliminate one another (Or kill one another) to win the game and become the next God of Time and Space. The main character here, is supported by a girl who is also a participant of the game, and to avoid spoiling too much, I'll just end it here.

Rabbit Doubt
If you are into mystery or suspense, this is a great one. Doubt revolves around a fictional cell phone game called "Rabbit Doubt", in which the players are rabbits in a colony; one of these players is randomly chosen to act as a wolf infiltrating the group. Each round, the rabbits guess which is the wolf as the rabbits are eaten one-by-one until only the wolf is left.
Four Players of the game decided to gather together. However, they are knocked unconscious and found themselves in an abandoned hospital when they woke up, and they soon realize that they will be playing a the "real" version of Rabbit Doubt, and to survive, they need to find and kill the wolf, or the liar.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Thanks thats a lot of manga.I like the idea of the red riding hood.Is it like Blood-C or Blood+?(Not story but fighting and stuff)

The fights are...weird. Very weird. Akazukin does some freaky demonic stuff every time. It's better to just check out. I think the first major fight is against Veruno (or Vivi/the fat gym outfit guy).

Back