• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, world.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
Ok, I admit, I had problems with registration - I have tried entering the CAPTCHA like 15 times (while it was constantly removing my password and answers to security questions), until I've noticed that "opposite" word means "normally". Perhaps it's just my lack of reading skills, or something like that. Or perhaps it's just because of how it works in vBulletin (I haven't used board using vBulletin before).

Anyway, my name is Konrad Borowski, I'm a programmer from Poland and stuff. I like Pokémon games, so I've decided to register here. My favorite Pokémon games are Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal, and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series. I know that this thread is somewhat on short side, but I never made long introduction threads on like every site, because in many cases I don't know what to say, but I think it's long enough :).

PHP:
return 0;

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Ok, I admit, I had problems with registration - I have tried entering the CAPTCHA like 15 times

Don't you hate that? I have the worst trouble with those! And the ones that have audio accompanying them never work for me some reason.

But anyway, welcome to PC! ^_^ G/S/C are some of my favorites too! I haven't played the Mystery Dungeon series and kind of scoffed at it for the longest time because it was an "off-shoot" pokemon game, but a lot of people seem to like it a lot so I've been thinking about giving it a try!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Heh, sometimes the CAPTCHA can troll you sometimes, but it keeps spammers out. At least you got an account and registered just fine. The Site Admin Rukario is on standby if you have any technical questions or concerns. So in case you forget your password and you need help, that's the guy you should go to! :)

Anyways, welcome aboard! Sounds like you're an old-school gamer like me! My first game was Pokemon Red, and my favorite gaming series was Gold/Silver/Crystal! I actually have Silver still, stored in a Pokemon TCG tin of Meganium. <3

No introduction is short! As long as you say "hi, sup my name is so and so, and I like cats" is perfectly okay. xD (also you do like cats, right? :P). Well, have a great time...which I'm sure you will! See ya :3

Years
Oh, capcthas. Sometimes they are the bane of my existence. I've had issues with them before too, and another time a vBulletin forum completely blocked the username I was trying to register even though there were no problems with it. Never thought to change the username but was shocked when I did and it went through, haha. D:

Welcome welcome welcome to PC, Konrad~!

I'm soo glad to see you like Mystery Dungeon. Have you played Gates to Infinity yet? I don't think it's been released outside Japan and the US, though it is a wonderful game. I've never really tried the old Mystery Dungeons since I wasn't a fan of the graphics style but little did I know how good they really were. Should've picked up the games back then. ;~; I'll drop off the links to our Metal & Color Games (for G/S/C and R/B/Y discussion) and Spinoff Games (for spinoff discussions such as PMD) sections here, perhaps you'll take an interest in those boards as a fan!

Since you're a programmer.. maybe you're interested in creating a fangame, too? A handful of new members take interest in Emulation and/or Game Development so you'll probably have a lot of resources to use if you decide to go down that path. Always amazing to see what all of these talented members can do. <3;

Anyway, have a great time okay!

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2013
Thank you. I feel welcomed :). This was actually best introduction I've seen on any forum I've registered on. As for Gates to Infinity, I'm going to answer "not yet". I live in Poland, and I even don't have 3DS. But Gates to Infinity could be a good reason to buy 3DS, so perhaps (I was going to put link to Headache on xkcd, but it seems that I've to write at least 15 posts). I actually liked the look of previous PMD games, but perhaps it's because I like NetHack with terminal graphics :D.

As for fangame, well, I was trying to make something using Pokémon Essentials, but didn't really liked it, it felt so inconsistent (with its strange mixture of RSE, HGSS, and BW graphics, and do it yourself move attacks animations), and liked to crash. Perhaps I could have write my Pokémon engine which would be more consistent for such game, but even then, I'm not sure if I would like to repeat what Nintendo did, especially considering I would have to insert lots of attacks and Pokémon data (at least eevee's Pokédex contains down-loadable Pokémon stats, and it would limit me to having to implement special attack properties, abilities, and special forms). Perhaps it's just me being perfectionist, or something :-).

I could as well make a ROM hack, but I really don't like hardware constraints. Besides, my PC is too slow for anything above third generation (than again, third generation has lots of ROM hacking tools).

Back