• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Orichalcum

Nezumirai

Doppelganger
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
It is labeled an idea, but physical work has already been started. A concept of the map will included at a later date. The game, or rather, idea does have a logo ready, albeit unpolished. I should also note that there is no Fakémon in this game. This game will be made in RMXP and will be in the HG/SS style. This is also my first fan-game. I do not have a "team." (In this forum anyway...)

There are checkpoints you will need to reach, but this is not your average, run-of-the-mill Pokémon game. The choices you make may change the course of your adventure. The game's storyline is a combination of my own creation and the Pokémon Adventures manga's storyline. You are not obligated to catch all six-hundred-and-what-have-you Pokémon in every region possible and defeat every Trainer and Gym Leader. The game runs along a storyline of a predestined character that is not necessarily a Trainer. The game will not be weighed down by any limitations set forth by the official Pokémon games in terms of the usage of language a character might use and name choice (i.e. is her name GREEN, LEAF, or BLUE?). Some fans may have mixed feelings about the idea that some aspects of the story are fixed and other aspects are completely customizable. Some fans' wants and needs have been added to the story that do not affect the main storyline directly.

This is a personal project of mine I had started when I started to read the HG/SS arc of the Pokémon Adventures manga. (Or PokéSpe as some would like to call it.) I am an avid reader of the manga and, after playing many of the main Pokémon games, I felt as if the main games lacked something the manga had: character interaction. Black and White improved on this interaction, but I felt that it wasn't enough. I wanted to shed some light on the Pokémon manga's storyline. I seldom see a project that has little, if any, connection to the manga's storyline. I want to change that. The game may twist certain details to fit both the manga's and the game's storylines.

Events:
Spoiler:

Region Information:
Spoiler:

Background Information:

Spoiler:

Plot:
The plot is more of an interactive storybook of sorts.
Spoiler:

Mechanics:
I will provide more detail when I am able to add screenshots. (And when I can catch a few more Z's... *nods*) For fun, I'll just throw in that you don't have to anticipate another Great Ball in that trash can ever again.

I'll add more! Of course, it's much more than an idea since I have already started on it. I hope that you give the story a chance! (Especially when I change the layout of this post...)

Last edited:
Years
  • :|
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
I like the layout, and the parallel universe idea, but some of the things you said dont really make since. Like, for example, you said someone can be a trainer, a Co-coordinator, or a Gym leader. What will you do if your a gym leader, sit on some pedestal all day when person after person challenges you? And this coordinator thing, what are you coordinating. It seems like this path-choosing thing is a good idea, but you need to make some other paths that are equally desirable to trainer, or everyone will just be a trainer anyway. Anyway, also you said the character you play loves fire pokemon, does that mean you have to have a fire starter. This would make a lot of fans less likely to play your game. anyway, you just need to define your post more, but all in all it looks pretty good.

Nezumirai

Doppelganger
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Sorry, I posted this pretty late at night (and it's an idea) so of course it isn't as clear as everyone would want it to be. I really didn't have a chance to define /everything/.

The character is fixed and so is the storyline. The story revolves around a confused character that does not know what he wants to be. The whole "Co-Ordinator"/"Gym Leader" thing was only to suggest the two major paths of a contest-based Trainer, or someone who prefers battling. The main character is unable to choose one out of the two paths. The character is on a predestined path.

On the starter thing--I mentioned it was a personal project that is more of a storybook rather than a full-fledged catch-whatever-you-want-and-mindlessly-collect-badges Pokemon game. If fans are less likely to play, then so be it--it's only my first project. Anyway, I thank you for response. ^^;

Last edited:
Years
I really like the ideas you've shown so far. The concept of a parallel universe with a different take on playing a Pokemon game is very nice. Simply because most people like you said "play a Pokemon game where you catch whatever you want and mindlessly collect badges". Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you its just there's not as much creativity where the main objective is the same over all games. The story actually seems very interesting and shows a lot of promise with all of your great ideas. I personally never read the manga and probably wouldn't get any of the references but regardless it would be a great change from everything else iv seen. Really looking forward to seeing screenshots or even a small demo sometime later on. :P Overall the story, plot, and even the events you've said have all been great and cant wait to see progress happen for it. Hope your game goes well and hope its shown for people to see your great work! :)

Nezumirai

Doppelganger
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
I really like the ideas you've shown so far. The concept of a parallel universe with a different take on playing a Pokemon game is very nice. Simply because most people like you said "play a Pokemon game where you catch whatever you want and mindlessly collect badges". Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you its just there's not as much creativity where the main objective is the same over all games. The story actually seems very interesting and shows a lot of promise with all of your great ideas. I personally never read the manga and probably wouldn't get any of the references but regardless it would be a great change from everything else iv seen. Really looking forward to seeing screenshots or even a small demo sometime later on. :P Overall the story, plot, and even the events you've said have all been great and cant wait to see progress happen for it. Hope your game goes well and hope its shown for people to see your great work! :)

I was never implying the usual "Play a Pokemon game where you catch whatever you want and mindlessly collect badges". I even mentioned that you are not obligated to do this. I think you were a bit confused about what I meant by that. :3

Years
Ha you must of misread it.. i didn't mean that. (my wording probably didn't help either. :P ) I was saying your concept of a game was very nice because it wasn't like most Pokemon games where you "catch whatever you want and mindlessly collect badges". Always knew it wasn't pointed towards that, probably my fault for wording it so bad. :P Sorry

Back