• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see six vs. six battles?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
That would depend entirely on the formatting the 6 on 6 battles. If it were super rpg style like in the game BlueDragon - Xbox360 then yea it would be ok as I guess it wouldnt be tooooo chaotic. However......some people disagree.

Pinta77

No. I'm really not a fan of 3v3. I love double battles, but 3v3 is a bit much and rotation battles are hopelessly confusing.

I want to see the mode when 4 player have a double battle (2 players vs. 2 players) but each has a full party of 6, like what was available on Colosseum multiplayer.

Years
I'm heavily against this, I'm happy with the system we have now cos it has always been successful.

Although Triple Battles and Rotation Battles were nice and added new strategy, I like the system the way it is now.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
Years
Nah. 3 on 3 is good enough, to me. I don't think we need 6 on 6, that'll be too many Pokemon out at one time...Well, actually your whole party, if you already got six pokes at that point. Not to mention, that it'll prolly would look really cluttered on the screen.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It sounds like fun, but it also sounds really long and tedious. Especially if we were to have to battle a conglomoeration of trainers with six party members. Perhaps if they were somewhat scarce they'd be more fun to battle, and even then they could have relatively hard teams to match their scarcity. While it's a good concept, and I'd definitely welcome more six on six battles, it'd be incredibly tedious to have to battle 4-5 trainers with six pokemon just to pass through a simple route.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It'd be too messy imo, and an awful lot to fit on the screen without inventing a new battle screen presentation for it.... which would be a bit of trouble given they've tried to stick to more or less the same thing already. I feel 3 vs 3 is as much as it's going to get.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I think that would be taking it a bit too far, it would be too chaotic.Though i would like to see a Triple Tag Battle.

sunshinesan

Pokesho fan
Years
  • Seen May 9, 2014
Pokemon lose their HP too fast for this to take off. If they did a whole new revamp with their battle system(not going to happen), then 3v3+ formats might be possible.

Cadence

Spitfire
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 11, 2012
No, not really.

2v2 is enough.

It would be too hectic for my brain to comprehend, plus, I would think it would take up the whole screen if there were large Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
I think I'd probably cry. So many move choices to run through, the battle would last way too long. And all you'd need is two level 100 Pokémon with Blizzard and Earthquake to win, basically. Or something to that effect. I guess 6v6 rotation battles wouldn't be a bad idea, but certainly not all on the same playing field in sextuple battles.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Oh gosh no. please no. 3v3 is enough. Although the idea of 6v6 rotation battles would be interesting and would definitely need some careful planning sounds interesting. It's far better than 6v6 with all twelve Pokemon on the screen at once haha.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd have to say no. It'd be waaay too messy and complicated, and there'd be too much to keep track of it. Even if it was in a typical RPG style format like in other games, it just wouldn't feel like actual Pokemon battles. I prefer single battles over pretty much everything, I can live with double battles since they're similar, and triple battles are just barely there, but if 6v6 battles were implemented, I'd really hate it. There's a chance that like the majority of your team could be wipe out with a single attack, and it'd just be too tedious imo. I don't think we should venture anywhere above 3v3, otherwise I will cry :(

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As mentioned above, it'd be too cluttered for a 6-on-6 battle to take place, so I'm saying no to 6-on-6 battles. Plus, it kills the strategy of switching Pokemon to gain advantage.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
6 on 6 would probably be the lolz with friends and maybe a few post game battles in game, but nothing serious. I mean, Earthquake and Surf both mean GG

AND BTW 500th POST

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I don't even like 3v3 and rotation battles, I can't even begin to imagine 6v6. I mean that's your whole entire team out there, right there, front and center. Absolutely no element of surprise.

Years
I really hope they don't add 6 vs. 6 battles in the future, as I felt that Triple Battles already cross the line a bit (I'm a little more lenient towards Rotation Battles, but feel that something like this would we better suited for a Battle Frontier like situation). Personally, I'm not even a fan of 2 vs. 2 battles, so I think that 6 vs. 6 battles would just get needlessly complicated and have very little appeal.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Double Battle are fine enough, thank. Triple battles were like that movie sequel of a good movie that is just plain awful because they copied the first one exactly, expecting that, if it was so successful, that a similar sequel would be. And well... that's just not that case. Six on Six would be like making a threequel o.o It serves no real purpose, it adds no real value to the game... It makes you think about strategy... A LITTLE... but in the story line yuo don't need a whole lotta that.

Back