• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon X

Years
POKÉMON X
(has nothing to do with new games X and Y... Here X is designation of Pokémon mutant created in a Team Rocket's lab)

pokemonxtitle.png

Introduction
Hello, I'm James Terrano and I bring you game with a brand new story ...
Storyline is based on my story, originally planned as a comics. However drawing was not easy (an especially in manga style). Anyway I intend to publish a written version of my story here on PokeCommunity during creation of the game... So you will know what to expect in the game or what will not be in the game.

The story
This story takes us to Team Rocket. Three elite agents, James, Kate and Brian, betrays Team Rocket and escapes. The reason for their betrayal are the experiments on Pokémon that scientists from Team Rocket performed in a secret laboratory. In the laboratory are created so-called Pokémon X. Who would control these Pokémon, he could dominate or destroy the world. James, Kate and Brian take these Pokémon and want to take them to a safe place where no one will ever found them. However, members of Team Rocket chasing those traitors and trying to get back Pokemon mutants.
This story is rough and dark. It's not a fairy tale for children. People and Pokémon can die here. For example: In one of the abandoned secret laboratories, main characters will find dead Meloetta from a failed experiment.

Features
Specific main characters
The main characters are stable / unchangeable without the possibility to choose your own name.

Wild Pokemon will move around the map
Pokémon no longer attack from the tall grass. They move around the area same as a human characters. Wild Pokémon are divided into three groups:
- Calm (they don't attack, they don't fight - occurring mostly in cities)
- Neutral (they don't attacking, they will battle only when you start the battle)
- Aggressive (they attack you as soon as you approach and they can chase you around)
When you defeat or catch a Pokémon, it disappears from the map and will appear again when you return there. This doesn't work with rare or Legendary Pokémon. When they disappear, they disappear.

Possibilities in conversation with human characters
When you talk to some of the characters, you can choose what you want to talk about with them, or you can challenge them for battle.

No Gyms, Badges or League
In this game there are no gyms, gym leaders, badges or any league. However, in one specific location is the stadium, where takes place a special tournament, where you may also meet known characters.

New music and sound effects
There will be anime soundtrack in MP3 format. Sound effects will be improved to not sound like poor quality effects from GBA. As for Pokemon Cries from GBC / GBA / NDS games, so it will be replaced by Pokemon voices from the anime.

Known characters from the Anime
You will meet for example Ash, Paul, Cilan, Brock and others.
Besides the anime characters you will encounter some main characters from some games.

Pokemon
In the game will be some Pokemon from all 5 generations. Furthermore in the game will be also fake Pokémon and a few of generation 6.

New graphics for the Trainer battle characters
Trainer picture will be changed to Microheroes style

Things that I would like to add to the game, but don't know if it will be able to
- "Video sequences" created from images (I do not know how to do this)
- New battle background - pictures of grassland, forests and towns, etc. (I do not know how to do this)
- (other plans will be added later)

Region
Region in this game will be remote part of Kanto and the new island region.
(map of the region will be added later)

Main Characters
In this game, all three main characters have some part of me.
maincharactersofpokemon.png

JAMES TERRANO (age: 28)
This character has my (fake) name.
He is a member of an elite division of Team Rocket. In the past, he was one of the greatest villains ... perhaps worse than Giovanni itself. After a while, he found good friends, which changed his nature. He is in love with his friend Kate, but he still thinks that love is a weakness, so he didn't tell her anything. His first Pokémon and best Pokémon friend is Jolteon and they are together already more than thirteen years. After years in Team Rocket, he began to feel guilty for everything he's done in the service of Team Rocket and began gradually returning Pokemon they stole to people.

KATE (age: 22)
This character shows what women I like ;)
Kate is a new member of the elite division. She had been a member of the two-member team (as Jassie and James or Cassidy and Butch). She is young, sweet and kind. She wanted to be a Pokemon doctor, but she met the wrong people. In Team Rocket often worked as an agent in disguise or as a Pokémon doctor (but for the wrong people). When she first met James, she was scared of him, but eventually she managed to change him into a better person.

BRIAN (age: 25)
I'm not sure what part of me has this character ... maybe age.
Brian is a new member of the elite division. He is young, a little bit lazy and funny (according to him). He has no Pokémon. His laziness caused that he wasn't care properly about his Pokémon. His last Pokemon Golbat rather ran away from him.

Other Characters
KYLE CARLYLE (age: 32)
Kyle is a former member of Team Rocket. He has same opinion to Team Rocket as James and Kate. Kyle helped James with transport of Pokemon X. He died during this story.

DORIAN (age: 30)
pkmntrelitedorian.png

A member of an elite division (Rocket Commando) and commander of squad which traces the traitors and fled Pokémon mutants. He has a scar on his face and blind in one eye.

GRACE (age: 22)
pkmntrelitegrace.png

Rough and strict member of Rocket Commando. She is almost like a killing machine. They consider her for the most dangerous criminal in the Pokemon World.

BEA (age: 18)
pkmntrelitebea.png

Very young, but also very dangerous. She joined Team Rocket at the age of thirteen. At fifteen she became a member of Rocket Commando.

Other important characters will be added later.

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Progess
Story: 100%
Maps: 10%
Graphics: 1-5%
Music: 0%
Sounds: 0%

My Team
Story, Maps: Me
Map corrector: HELP NEEDED
Graphics (Characters, Pokemon): HELP NECESSARY
Scripts: HELP NEEDED (not sure now if is really necessary)

Credits
The creators of Pokémon Essentials

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
I don't really think this is a good idea. You seemed to have put lots of ideas into one game, and some of it doesn't make sense. Why are there no gyms?Also, I think the idea of Pokemon roaming freely is really bad. The hero will just avoid them, no matter whether they are hostile or not. Also, Pokemon will need to be regularly respawned, which may require a bit of work. Also, I severely recommend changing the name of the game, because there already is a Pokemon X, in Gen 6, and you know that, which could lead to serious trouble with Nintendo, and as much as there are fake games that have the same name as an official f2f name, they were finished before the official one was even announced.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
screenshot2013012412303.png

Team rocket wouldn't have a large glass building base, where everyone can see.
It's just too obvious it's Team Rocket.

screenshot2013012412374.png

That Helicopter[?] is so a huge ugly graphics clash.

This character shows what women I like ;)
Didn't really need to know that.

Also,
pokemonxtitle.png

If you're gonna have concept art as part of your title screen. Everything should be in the same style.

Years
I don't really think this is a good idea. You seemed to have put lots of ideas into one game, and some of it doesn't make sense. Why are there no gyms?Also, I think the idea of Pokemon roaming freely is really bad. The hero will just avoid them, no matter whether they are hostile or not. Also, Pokemon will need to be regularly respawned, which may require a bit of work. Also, I severely recommend changing the name of the game, because there already is a Pokemon X, in Gen 6, and you know that, which could lead to serious trouble with Nintendo, and as much as there are fake games that have the same name as an official f2f name, they were finished before the official one was even announced.

As for gym, gym leaders, etc.:
I should clarify. There are gyms, but most are either closed or you can battle, but you don't get a badge. Why? Because it's not part of the story. The main character has more important things to do than bother with badges and league.

As for wild Pokemon:
I'm tired of the classic Pokémon games, where you are suddenly attacked by Pokémon in tall grass. I was planning to do so, as it is in normal RPG or MMORPG games where NPC monsters are all around you. Where they can be attacked or they can attack you. As for this, I'm not going to change that!

As for name of this game:
I thought that could be a problem with it. But I hoped I will not have to change the name. But I still have some unused names like "Mission X" or "Mutants X". There is still the possibility to change the name ...

And now the answer for you, Nintendork15 ...
The building is only the first version. It is very likely that I'll be edit it a few more times. "This helicopter" will not be in the final version o this game. I just mark that, where approximately will be. Everything still will be improved. You can see other imperfections on maps. Still it will be months or years of work before will be all finished. And title screen? The same case. I will edit everything over time. IT'S JUST THE FIRST VERSION!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
As for gym, gym leaders, etc.:As for wild Pokemon:As for name of this game:[
now for you, personally I like the idea of roaming pokemon, its innovative and interesting, and more inmportantly, unique, its a new idea that hasnt been done (to my knowledge) and its really interesting, you could do a lot with it, like have swarms, where 2 attack at once and its a double battle, or do a lot with the idea of it, but it would take a lot of work, still if you stick to it and have high hopes it could be a really cool idea, a more "life like" pokemon game, but you shouldnt rule out the entire original concept of catching pokemon, maybe have a few areas where you can catch pokemon the old fashioned way just so the player can farm exp, or catch a lot of pokemon.

I understand the gyms but you should make some so the player can waste their time in side quests, because as we all know, gannondorf can wait while link fishes, team rocket should also wait while the player screws around at the gym, side quests attract so many people

finally, I would strongly suggest a name change, take it from me, the original creator of Pokemon X, its like, the best title, short, sweet, and to the point, but the official guys took it already, you should respect it, despite how much it pisses you off...if you open you mind to revision, you could create something far better out of what you originally had (again, take it from me, I did the exact same thing, and my game took off afterwards)

Finally, I am excited to see what you can do with this, but as you already know, you need to work a bit on your maps, they are bland and empty and repettitive, add some flowers, some different borders, some decorations, various grass patterns, etc, do your best, and most importantly enjoy yourself while you're doing it! if you love your project, your work will show!

Years
To Saving Raven:
As I said, there are gyms, but most are closed... even though some are not closed, if you're going to battle there, you don't get badge. As for some side quests, definitely there will be some. But most will be after the completion of the main story.

I will change the name of the game. Unfortunately, I didn't expect that there will be the official game of the same name. I created my story already about a year ago.

I wanted to make this story as a comics series. But drawing is not the easiest...

To Nintendork15:
No, no, there is no reason to apologize. I just pointed out that it is the first version. I intend to do the basics first. Then I add a few things, I will edit what is necessary, fix bugs, etc.

There is still a lot of work and I'm not going to give up. It would have to be something serious to gave it up ...

Right now I would like to ask for help. Is there a template for the characters sprites (GBA version)? I need this because I can't make out of nothing that stupid tiny character by myself. I am not that good.

And here you can find written story in which the game is based: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=295723

Years
I thought about a new name instead of "Pokemon X". I have a couple of options here. What do you think? Which one do you like more?

- A Dark Experiment
- Mission X
- Mutants X
- The Failed Experiment
- Hunt for the X
...or something else?
(I'll probably have to change also name of my first series of "Pokémon Trilogy" Fan fiction.)

Thanks a lot, but probably it will be not much to use for me. Maybe I'll try to ask directly on deviantart.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
As far as the new name, why not "Pokémon Project X"? A reference to the experiment that created the mutant, after all...

Your other ideas are original enough; if you think enough players would be interested in a game without gym fights, why not include an in-game reason for the gyms being abandoned or closed? For example: Regional authorities have closed the gyms down because at least one leader was revealed to be a high-ranking member of Team Rocket, using the battles to test and perfect Mutation Project X...and violating several worldwide competition rules in the process.

Back