• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Development: Mastermind_X proudly presents: The Shiny Hack

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
Hi guys,

some months ago, zel was able to integrate the shiny Gyarados in his great "Shiny Gold" hack. His 'informer' wanted to stay anonymous due to different reasons.

But today, I'm back, to provide the secret of the shiny Gyarados to all of you. Dunno, if anybody took a closer look to the script of the Gyarados. The whole hack works with ASM. So it isn't really easy to integrate and I wrote this tutorial, which was used by zel yet. It can by found here.

http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=16

There is a Dutch version planned. Maybe someone wants to translate it to another language? (not german, that could I do by myself)

I'm sorry to say, my homepage is nearly completely in german. Maybe I can find the time to translate it...

Any feedback would be appreciated.

//Edit:

Some additions:
http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/lesson.php?id=17

Last edited:

Naoshi

lawl
Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2023
This sounds promising. I'm surprised no one has commented here.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
Oh, so Andrea allready translated the tutorial..
Well.. I'm a lil' busy to translate the tutorial, I'm sorry.
I'm back in my HP-'obsession':P

Btw, welcome on PC ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2016
Hm... I did it in my Ruby hack and it works very well. I tested what happened after I lose in battle with this shiny poke and other wild or trainer pokes didn't become shiny...

But I'm happy that this works also for giving pokemon ^^ Great job ^^

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
Years
Um, i can ask you, Mastermind_X, if you can do a "Complete Hex Guide" just the Hex steps, and, for Emerald, plz!!!

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
The script in shiny gold (which is exactly this one) is not "Do a shiny battle", it's more like "Set every pokémon shiny, do a common battle, set every pokémon back to normal". For a shiny battle, we (well, not me, the ones who know asm and crap) should work on an asm script that makes a single shiny battle, with a different trick other than this one.

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
That's the easiest solution. Do you really think, that there is an command like "start shiny battle" in the ingame-scriptengine?
Of course, it would be possible to extend the "wildbattle" command by patching the codehandler, but that would require a huge amount of effort. I'm also really pleased about you considering ASM as "crap". Hf in hacking it on the standard way.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
I'm not M_X but err.. What do you mean exactly?
In the memory viewer you see the bytes in HEX..
Or do you mean call a memory adress like 02022000?
» 050020020208 [I hope I"m not wrong here XD]
»» This will goto that adress.. XD
-MEH- I probably don't help you here.. wait for Mastermind_X ;)

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
yes that's what i mean.
The number in memory viewer is 05000042 its possible to convert it to hexnumber

Mastermind_X

ASM-Hacker
Years
I'm not M_X but err.. What do you mean exactly?
In the memory viewer you see the bytes in HEX..
Or do you mean call a memory adress like 02022000?
» 050020020208 [I hope I"m not wrong here XD]
»» This will goto that adress.. XD
-MEH- I probably don't help you here.. wait for Mastermind_X ;)

Uhm.. it is kinda useless to change the CPU's position to the RAM since there aren't any instructions. (In the normal case)
And, by the way, '08' which you use for the pointer is the internal GBA-Adressing for "ROM".

<special stuff>
'02' stands for the 256 KB "EWRAM". Other possible start-digits are:
'00' => BIOS
'03' => IWRAM (32KB)
'04' => I/O
'05' => Palette RAM (PRAM)
'06' => VRAM (Maps, BGs, etc... , on the Display)
'07' => OAM (Sprites)
'08' => ROM
'0A' => ROM (waitstate 2)
'0C' => ROM (waitstate 3)
'0E' => SRAM (the Save on the cartridge)

</special stuff>

Well. For the common ROM-hacker only 08 is interesting. The other things only are important if you're playing with ASM. ^^

BlackRainbow*

Pokemon Coralo Version ?
Years
'05' => Palette RAM (PRAM)
Okai i've want to edit paletts at offset 05000042 How to do that? because if you go into offset number 05000042 in hexeditor dosen't work.

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Hey Mastermind, your shiny tutorial only works for Fire Red, can you make one for Ruby[AXVE]cause I'm trying to hack Ruby, and how bout the Day/Night Script does it work on Ruby?? I'm sorry if I sound rude.

Back