• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Dragon Pokémon Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Dragon Pokémon Club

Welcome to the Dragon Pokémon Club! We need a better description... uh, introduction here, but this will have to do. One thing that should be obvious when you came to this thread: we're a club about dragon and draconic Pokémon. That's all there to it.

Got rules?

Indeed we do have rules here. What club doesn't have rules?

1. As always, all PokéCommunity rules have to be followed. After all, the club's hosted in PC...
2. Spamming in the club? That's a big no-no. Same thing goes with trolling and harassment. We do take these seriously.
3. When you join the club, try to be active, though you're not obligated to be active. However, even just one post every day helps a lot, and goes a long way towards club and your activity.
4. The dragon and draconic Pokémon in the list is as static as it gets - it probably will change only every time a new generation of Pokémon is introduced, but there may or may not be some open to dispute.

Sign-ups?

We don't have a form for signing up, as technically you're in when you post your first post in the thread. Still, you can always "pretend" to have a sign-up post of sorts, by using the standard sign-up format. This will also allow you to specify anything specific about who/what you'd like to be (list of stuff coming later). Otherwise, just start out by replying to a topic or following the current discussion.

Topic.

What do you think, in your heart, is the perfect dragon (Pokémon or not)?

Members

Spoiler:
Dragon Pokémon

Dragon Pokémon

Spoiler:

Draconic Pokémon

Spoiler:

Pokémon in the Dragon egg group

Spoiler:

Related Pokémon

Spoiler:

Dragon Pokémon Trainers

This list includes all (predominantly or featured) Dragon Pokémon Trainers that show up in the main series games.
Spoiler:
We need promotion!

Rising from the ashes, huh? We're starting from square one, again, so if anything, we're going to have to talk about it. Promote it! Yup, we're going to have to get the word out about this club if this club were to be active with real people.

Hmm... There will be a lot of ways where we can do just that. Signature links are but just one way of doing so.

Style by Twiggy.

Last edited:

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
yay! first to join!!
my partner pokemon will be Garchomp and Charizard
btw if we can choose only one then it'll be Garchomp

I like Garchomp bcuz it looks awesome. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things.Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos.

My first Pokemon ever was Charmander in Pokemon Red all those years ago and Charizard was amazing back in Gen 1.Charizard is the original king of fire types! It's also more fun to use competitively. >:3 It's so badass and it can Fly.

I also love Deino. It looks so cute and adorable with the hair blocking its view. It then evolves into a killing machine that helps defeat the Elite.

Years
I'll sign up. Partner Pokemon being Kingdra and Altaria.
Kingdra has always been such an amazing Pokemon in my eyes, and the water-dragon combination is just the cherry on the cake for me.
Altaria, loved it since...forever. I think the reason I like Altaria a lot is because I don't see a reason not to.

Dragon types have always been up there for me; regarded as one of the most powerful types throughout all the regions. I've seen quite a few people class Dragon-type Pokemon as overpowered (Magikarp is debatable in this case) and there are certain aspects of that which I agree to, but the reason I think that they are strong is because their only big weakness is..well...Dragon. Also because a lot of legendary Pokemon are Dragon-type but it would be weird if they weren't considering that Dragons' were known to be a superior specie before.

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
I'll join up, sure, why not? My partner Pokemon shall be Reshiram and Kyurem, to merge the amazing White Kyurem! I've loved it for almost a month now - that love shall never die - and now I enjoy using Dragon Types more and more now. I have the normal version of it and a Shiny version (traded on the GTS for a shiny Steelix) so that makes it even more cool then it already is! c:

I haven't done much Dragon breeding as of yet but I plan on doing so when I have reached Post-Game in Pokemon BW2 so I can actually say hi to the Day Care. A Dragon Pokemon Club is the best idea since chocolate, so that's why I'm signing up and saying hi.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
I would love to join this club!
Why? Dragons, since childhood I have been fascinated by these creatures. Awe-inspiring and appearance as guardian, I always introduces dragon aspects in my games RP or invented scenarios. They are simply beautiful, they inspire legends and virtue most of the time. That's why I admire this legendary race!

Since each generation I liked to have at least one dragon Pokémon in my party.
In the first generation it was Dragonite.
In the second generation it was Gyarados.
In the third one, it was Flygon, one of my favorite one with Altaria!
In the fourth, it was Giratina, but I never added it in my party. I liked its history and I liked to imagine so many scenarios about it!
In the fifth, it was Axew. A cute one :3 <3

To be honest I like them all.
But the negative thing is that in fact people use because they are "powerful." Personally I always use the cutest Pokemon and beautiful to beat all the trainers :3
For example I used Axew to beat the league, at least, it adds to the difficulty! Some think it's stupid, but it's a bit like Ash, who does not change his Pokémon. I like them how they're <3

If I had two choice my first choice would be:
334.gif

The second one would be:
4.gif

Altaria is so cute, there is nothing to say xD
Altaria is weak for many players, but I liked to use it to heal my party during the battles. Simply amazing <3

Charmander, yep, cute too.
It was my second starter that I chose during the first cartridges! I'm kinda nostalgic, and Charmander will stay my favorite starter during many Generations.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Name: CourageHound
Your Trainer: Pokemon Trainer N
2 Partner Pokemon:Salamence and Latios (if not two then just Salamence)
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I chose to become a dragon trainer to embrace my fondness I have of my chosen dragons and to engage in interesting discussion with fellow members
Currrent Topic: My favorite dragon type is Salamence. He is predominately my favorite color, a very regal and powerful looking dragon. His design is awesome and his biology is very admirable. Sprouting wings through sheer will and determination automatically makes you awesome.

Years
Name: Hikari10
Your Trainer: Iris
2 Partner Pokemon: Hydreigon and Axew
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I want to learn more about the strength and gracefulness that makes Dragons a must-have to train.

Currrent Topic: My favorite Dragon-type is Hydreigon, it has such a menacing design and a diverse movepool to boot. Mine was able to wreck a lot of things in her track. Also, I love the entire Deino line's color scheme. As for Legendaries, definitely Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Ye gods, so many sign-ups!

I also see a lot of potential and reused forms. Welcome to the club~

yay! first to join!!
my partner pokemon will be Garchomp and Charizard
btw if we can choose only one then it'll be Garchomp

I like Garchomp bcuz it looks awesome. Garchomp has less "bad" points, though. Ground Type makes him resistant to Stealth Rock, immune to Sandstorm, and get Earthquake STAB, all of which are epic things.Garachomp's evolutionary line's type combination is nearly unique, shared only with Flygon and one of its pre-evos.

My first Pokemon ever was Charmander in Pokemon Red all those years ago and Charizard was amazing back in Gen 1.Charizard is the original king of fire types! It's also more fun to use competitively. >:3 It's so badass and it can Fly.

I also love Deino. It looks so cute and adorable with the hair blocking its view. It then evolves into a killing machine that helps defeat the Elite.

First member edition!

Feel free to take up to... well, not too many of them, so I think I'll count them all in! Garchomp, Charizard, and Deino. Full disclosure: I want a Deino plushie.

I'll sign up. Partner Pokemon being Kingdra and Altaria.
Kingdra has always been such an amazing Pokemon in my eyes, and the water-dragon combination is just the cherry on the cake for me.
Altaria, loved it since...forever. I think the reason I like Altaria a lot is because I don't see a reason not to.

Dragon types have always been up there for me; regarded as one of the most powerful types throughout all the regions. I've seen quite a few people class Dragon-type Pokemon as overpowered (Magikarp is debatable in this case) and there are certain aspects of that which I agree to, but the reason I think that they are strong is because their only big weakness is..well...Dragon. Also because a lot of legendary Pokemon are Dragon-type but it would be weird if they weren't considering that Dragons' were known to be a superior specie before.

I blame Generation I and the lack of any real balance (and availability). I've always liked them in general starting from Generation III and Flygon.

I'll join up, sure, why not? My partner Pokemon shall be Reshiram and Kyurem, to merge the amazing White Kyurem! I've loved it for almost a month now - that love shall never die - and now I enjoy using Dragon Types more and more now. I have the normal version of it and a Shiny version (traded on the GTS for a shiny Steelix) so that makes it even more cool then it already is! c:

I haven't done much Dragon breeding as of yet but I plan on doing so when I have reached Post-Game in Pokemon BW2 so I can actually say hi to the Day Care. A Dragon Pokemon Club is the best idea since chocolate, so that's why I'm signing up and saying hi.

I think I have too many Axew and Druddigon at this point. Not that it matters, since I love them. :3

I would love to join this club!
Why? Dragons, since childhood I have been fascinated by these creatures. Awe-inspiring and appearance as guardian, I always introduces dragon aspects in my games RP or invented scenarios. They are simply beautiful, they inspire legends and virtue most of the time. That's why I admire this legendary race!

Since each generation I liked to have at least one dragon Pokémon in my party.
In the first generation it was Dragonite.
In the second generation it was Gyarados.
In the third one, it was Flygon, one of my favorite one with Altaria!
In the fourth, it was Giratina, but I never added it in my party. I liked its history and I liked to imagine so many scenarios about it!
In the fifth, it was Axew. A cute one :3 <3

To be honest I like them all.
But the negative thing is that in fact people use because they are "powerful." Personally I always use the cutest Pokemon and beautiful to beat all the trainers :3
For example I used Axew to beat the league, at least, it adds to the difficulty! Some think it's stupid, but it's a bit like Ash, who does not change his Pokémon. I like them how they're <3

If I had two choice my first choice would be:
334.gif

The second one would be:
4.gif

Altaria is so cute, there is nothing to say xD
Altaria is weak for many players, but I liked to use it to heal my party during the battles. Simply amazing <3

Charmander, yep, cute too.
It was my second starter that I chose during the first cartridges! I'm kinda nostalgic, and Charmander will stay my favorite starter during many Generations.

I find Flygon to be adorable round too for some reason. Can I have one? :3 Axew is that awesome little guy. :P

Name: CourageHound
Your Trainer: Pokemon Trainer N
2 Partner Pokemon:Salamence and Latios (if not two then just Salamence)
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I chose to become a dragon trainer to embrace my fondness I have of my chosen dragons and to engage in interesting discussion with fellow members
Currrent Topic: My favorite dragon type is Salamence. He is predominately my favorite color, a very regal and powerful looking dragon. His design is awesome and his biology is very admirable. Sprouting wings through sheer will and determination automatically makes you awesome.

One can dream, right? I think I'd rather have a Haxorus more, but that's just me. *pets the Salamence anyway*

Name: Hikari10
Your Trainer: Iris
2 Partner Pokemon: Hydreigon and Axew
Why have you chosen to become a Dragon Tamer?: I want to learn more about the strength and gracefulness that makes Dragons a must-have to train.

Currrent Topic: My favorite Dragon-type is Hydreigon, it has such a menacing design and a diverse movepool to boot. Mine was able to wreck a lot of things in her track. Also, I love the entire Deino line's color scheme. As for Legendaries, definitely Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem.

An Axew and a Hydreigon seems like an odd couple. Hmm...

CourageHound

Years
^_^ Its really cool to see the different types of dragons people like.

@♪Twiggy♪ On meh trainer under "members" it shows Latias not Latios

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
^_^ Its really cool to see the different types of dragons people like.

@♪Twiggy♪ On meh trainer under "members" it shows Latias not Latios

I like dragons that don't really look like dragons.

And fixed!

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
i would love to join aswell except i dont know how

Welcome to the club, Serpy~

Now, just reply to this post with what dragon Pokémon and/or Pokémon trainer you would like to claim. Or you could also just get on with it and start replying to the current topic: favourite Dragon Pokémon!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
First member edition!

Feel free to take up to... well, not too many of them, so I think I'll count them all in! Garchomp, Charizard, and Deino. Full disclosure: I want a Deino plushie.
thanks twiggy! :D
a Deino plushie. just for u
Spoiler:

CourageHound

Years
Re-evaluting why Salamence and Latios are my favorite dragon types. Aside from straightforward looks its also their biology and pokedex entries that were a major factor. I found them both quite interesting.

Not to mention their anime apperences(which is common for all my favs).

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
As CourageHound said, that really cool to see how people have different preferences!
Flygon is totally cute, I liked to have one in my party since R/S/E Generation. Cute useful, strong, what else haha!
Oh, I just forgot about the trainer sprite. I would like to have this one.
091.gif

Charisma, strong, the only one female master,
and I support the blondes, because I am also! xD xD

If I can have a third Pokémon in the list, I would love to put Flygon in my party. Axew would be the fourth and final one :3

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
I'd love to join. Dragon may not be my favourite typing, but it sure as heck is convenient to use, given just how strong the majority of the Pokemon with a Dragon typing is. Always fun to completely dominate a battle against your friends with completely overpowered Dragon types just to be accused of cheating. Pfft, I only used the cloning trick once with them >_>

I can't help but notice there's a lack of Drake from the Hoenn E4 in the list up there, unless you think he isn't as notable as the other trainers? Well, Lance has always been my favourite champion as well as Dragon trainer, so he's definitely my choice here, and as for the Pokemon, definitely Dragonite.

Dragonite was a Pokemon I spent so much time trying to obtain and train back in the two first generations of Pokemon, back when I was at my peak in my obsession with the franchise. It took me forever to evolve Dratini fully, as I was pretty bad at training, always ending up having it faint, and at one point I thought it needed to evolve through other methods, as it took so gosh darn long to evolve, but in the end I finally got my Dragonite. It was fun to use, and the battles against Lance in the E4 was a lot easier from that point on, despite most of my Pokemon being in the hundreds. I haven't had as notable a time with it as I have with several others, but it was fun to think back on how long it took me to actually get it the first time around. Mostly I've never actually used non-legendary Dragon types that much, as they're significantly harder to get your hand on than most other types, and there's an extremely small amount of actual Pokemon with the typing compared to most others. But I still love to use them whenever I can ^_^

CourageHound

Years
I noticed that a few people greatly admired dragons for their battling properties or either greatly admired them their aesthetic properties that led you to like them. I wanna ask you guys what you all look at first when viewing a new dragon pokemon?

Me, I just see if it looks cool or not. When I saw druddigon before B/W release I thought he was a pretty cool poke. But looking upon its lackluster speed stat I was slightly deterred from using it in my in-game team. Of which was a big mistake because in a later run(and in some competitive battles) I realized druddigon is very useful and good at what its built to do, but more importantly I enjoyed Druddigon himself and using him on my team was super fun.

Galoria

Moo~ ♪
Years
As CourageHound said, I see if it is cool or not.
I remember that when I played the third Generation, I was so excited to catch a Bagon! Even if I didn't know its evolutions, I was so glad to catch that Bagon, because it is simply cute and a baby Dragon. When I saw its first Evolution, I was like, ow...Not pretty as I thought. When I saw Salamence, I was so happy to see it, even when I saw the Pokédex entry of Bagon, that it dreamt one day to fly across the sky...And when I saw that Salamence have its own wings I was so happy for my Bagon :3
Due to its dream and its good looking I took Bagon!

I remember about Trapinch, it was the same thing...Exactly the same thing!

I was happy to get two useful Pokémon and in the same time, that they're well designed :3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
thanks twiggy! :D
a Deino plushie. just for u
Spoiler:

I want a life-size one now. Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Re-evaluting why Salamence and Latios are my favorite dragon types. Aside from straightforward looks its also their biology and pokedex entries that were a major factor. I found them both quite interesting.

Not to mention their anime apperences(which is common for all my favs).

I kinda like Salamence, but I prefer Flygon by a long shot. Also, Latios is no match for adorable Latias :3

As CourageHound said, that really cool to see how people have different preferences!
Flygon is totally cute, I liked to have one in my party since R/S/E Generation. Cute useful, strong, what else haha!
Oh, I just forgot about the trainer sprite. I would like to have this one.
091.gif

Charisma, strong, the only one female master,
and I support the blondes, because I am also! xD xD

If I can have a third Pokémon in the list, I would love to put Flygon in my party. Axew would be the fourth and final one :3

Excited about Cynthia, eh? Teehee. Everyone seems to want her.

:3 Axew-ew-ew would like to talk now that you've put him last.

I'd love to join. Dragon may not be my favourite typing, but it sure as heck is convenient to use, given just how strong the majority of the Pokemon with a Dragon typing is. Always fun to completely dominate a battle against your friends with completely overpowered Dragon types just to be accused of cheating. Pfft, I only used the cloning trick once with them >_>

I can't help but notice there's a lack of Drake from the Hoenn E4 in the list up there, unless you think he isn't as notable as the other trainers? Well, Lance has always been my favourite champion as well as Dragon trainer, so he's definitely my choice here, and as for the Pokemon, definitely Dragonite.

Dragonite was a Pokemon I spent so much time trying to obtain and train back in the two first generations of Pokemon, back when I was at my peak in my obsession with the franchise. It took me forever to evolve Dratini fully, as I was pretty bad at training, always ending up having it faint, and at one point I thought it needed to evolve through other methods, as it took so gosh darn long to evolve, but in the end I finally got my Dragonite. It was fun to use, and the battles against Lance in the E4 was a lot easier from that point on, despite most of my Pokemon being in the hundreds. I haven't had as notable a time with it as I have with several others, but it was fun to think back on how long it took me to actually get it the first time around. Mostly I've never actually used non-legendary Dragon types that much, as they're significantly harder to get your hand on than most other types, and there's an extremely small amount of actual Pokemon with the typing compared to most others. But I still love to use them whenever I can ^_^

Now to think of it, I think I'm going to like the orange Barney just because. But I do prefer Haxy, to be honest... maybe it's because it's getting a bit easy to get Dragon types since RS or something.

I noticed that a few people greatly admired dragons for their battling properties or either greatly admired them their aesthetic properties that led you to like them. I wanna ask you guys what you all look at first when viewing a new dragon pokemon?

Me, I just see if it looks cool or not. When I saw druddigon before B/W release I thought he was a pretty cool poke. But looking upon its lackluster speed stat I was slightly deterred from using it in my in-game team. Of which was a big mistake because in a later run(and in some competitive battles) I realized druddigon is very useful and good at what its built to do, but more importantly I enjoyed Druddigon himself and using him on my team was super fun.

Druddigon, huh? I like how he looks like he's a fine, cool guy and is as tough as a brick. I don't mind the slowness. *hugs him*

As CourageHound said, I see if it is cool or not.
I remember that when I played the third Generation, I was so excited to catch a Bagon! Even if I didn't know its evolutions, I was so glad to catch that Bagon, because it is simply cute and a baby Dragon. When I saw its first Evolution, I was like, ow...Not pretty as I thought. When I saw Salamence, I was so happy to see it, even when I saw the Pokédex entry of Bagon, that it dreamt one day to fly across the sky...And when I saw that Salamence have its own wings I was so happy for my Bagon :3
Due to its dream and its good looking I took Bagon!

I remember about Trapinch, it was the same thing...Exactly the same thing!

I was happy to get two useful Pokémon and in the same time, that they're well designed :3

Trapinch is a funny thing when you think about it. It's like... hey where did that type come out? Nowhere? What? Same thing with Swablu.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2013
Hi im rudie. I liek Dragonite, Latias and haxorus.
Why?
Dragonite: The origanal beast
Latias: I like the typing and have never caught a latios
Haxorus: best Gen V dragon

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back