• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Your first Shiny?

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
So, yes, I decided to start one of these things. Erm, so I guess what I'm asking is...

What was your first shiny pokemon ever? Not one you caught, one you saw. You probably did catch though, after all, it is a shiny.

My first was actually a shiny Vulpix in FireRed. I still have that Shiny Ninetales somewhere on my Diamond copy after I migrated it. I adored her, the coloring was so beautiful.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
My first ever shiny was Budew in Platinum. I was never sure whether I wanted to evolve it into a Roserade or not...

Years
My first one was from the GTS in Platinum, and it was a Pikachu. My first one I caught myself was a Woobat in White.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
Years
Mine was a shiny Psyduck in Firered. I wanted a Sandshrew :( But it was still cool!
Edit: Wait, I guess technically it would be the Shiny Gyrados in HG but thats part of the story so I don't count it.

Years
The first one that I actually saw was a Teddiursa on my Pokemon Gold. It's been a long time since that happened, but I think I ended up getting a critical hit on it and causing it to faint.

My first shiny that I actually caught, though, was a Shroomish in Sapphire. And it's funny, because I don't even remember seeing it, but found it in my PC years later.

ThatOneGolurk

Amateur
Years
Mine was a Voltorb in Emerald. I never got the chance to catch it though; It used Selfdestruct.

A Shiny Pokémon I did catch though was a Golett.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
Pidgey. Route 1. Leaf Green. I'm not even joking. Second Pokemon I encountered after getting the Poke Balls. Bam, shiny.

Also caught a Geodude in Crystal this month, so that would be two :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
First shiny would be the Red Gyrados in Pokemon Gold, but that's a common shiny, no big deal. So a real first legit shiny would be a Sentret which I caught in my Heart Gold game.

Tranca

Monolith
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
My first shiny I was aware of encountering - and captured was Zubat in soulsilver.

gaminggarchomp

YouTube LPer
Years
Well, my shiny pokemon story: Basically, I was in a cave, and found a shiny Zubat. BUT I was so nooby at Pokemon at that time that I thought that was the original and actual colour of a Zubat, and I never knew that shinies were this rare. So...... I ran away. :(

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
My first shiny was a Mightyena in Emerald! :) Which I transferred to my Pearl, then lost it forever after I deleted the save file, completely forgetting it was in there. :(

I miss that Mightyena. ;~;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
The first shiny I saw was a Sableye in Sapphire, but I ran from it. The first shiny I actually caught was Koffing in Emerald

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
my first shiny part from the red Gyodoes was a Beedrill in the bug catching contest..It lose the contest but hey it's a shiny.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
My first shiny was a Seel in HeartGold. I don't remember how I noticed it because there is hardly any difference.

Back