• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You never know just how you look through other peoples' eyes...

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
What are some common misconceptions that people have about you? Why do you think this is? Does it bother you??

A lot of people(read: EVERYONE) doubt my intelligence. And that is because I like smoking weed. I know that I a I know that I am smart. I've proven that to myself and they haven't given me any real good as to otherwise. Furthermore it is not an insult when it comes from someone who certifies themselves with their own haphazard circular logic and other fallacies. I usually end up walking circles around such people and the argument turns into little more than two mules butting heads.

Another misconception is that because I'm gay I like every guy I meet
And that's just not true. I'm not gonna lie here... a lot of the straight guys I know are attractive... but I have more respect than that. I mean... I'm not going to think someone is ugly because they are straight. It just doesn't work that way. But I mean... just cause I think they are physically attractive doesn't mean I want to be with them or that I'm going to to try and force my way into non consensual sex with them. Like really.... are you so insecure with your own sexuality that you are afraid you might accidentally start making out with me.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I've been using my being transsexual in a lot of topics lately lol.

Regardless, a lot of people never guess that I was actually born a boy. And simply because I've been through the transition and I think it was pretty successful. Does it bother me? There's no greater compliment for me to be honest. To finally fit in as the female gender is something that I had at one point never thought would happen. Obviously it can come as a shock when I actually tell people, but sometimes their expressions can be interesting.

That's the thing about people though. Gender and sexuality are very misunderstood topics. It's no one's fault for how they think, and I don't mind correcting (or in my case accepting) what people will say.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
People tend to assume that I'm weak, innocent-minded, and stupid.
None of which are true. Kind of makes me wish people knew things about me that I've kept hidden, solely so that they might understand that I'm more mature than everyone assumes. I: It gets on my nerves, having people treat me like I'm too incompetent to understand what they say.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
If people don't know me they think I'm quiet and lonely and all but that's just 'cause I'm shy, when I know someone... I'm a chatterbox :3 xD

Crux

Evermore
Years
Firstly that i'm some thug who's going to beat the crap out of them if they walk within 20 feet of me. :l
I know why, (I guess i'm intimidating?) but come on people! I'm actually a pretty likable person. T^T

Second I would have to say how many things i've taught myself... i'm generally very quite in public, and when somebody hears about something I can do as a skill they always take that chance to say "Really? See you do have some things going for you." (It's how they say it. =_=")

Years
I think people look at me and because I dont look my age, dont take me seriously. Im quiet and shy and people just refuse to see me as the adult I am and I hate this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
People think that I'm shy.

That's the biggest one, really. It's because I'm generally pretty quiet, but I'm usually just thinking way too much. I often get lost in my own thoughts and live in my own little world.

It doesn't really bother me. People can think whatever they want.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
People tend to think I'm stupid for whatever reason. I haven't really figured it out, honestly. I think it may be a combination of me being funny, lazy, and not making good grades. But funny people are generally more intelligent, laziness and stupidity are completely different things, and my general intelligence shouldn't be labeled by my academic grades. I'm bad at taking tests and I'm not booksmart, but I'm knowledgeable about the abstract things that they don't teach you in books.

Also, I'm not good at expressing my opinions in person. Like here, I'm typing what I want to say. I can go back and fix it if I want. But in person, once you speak, you speak. And I don't always make a coherent sentence lol.

Basically I'm just really tired of people thinking I'm stupid. :/ And I do care if people think that. I normally don't care what people think of me, but when someone thinks you're stupid, that tends to lead to bad situations like being ignored or whatever cause, ya know, you're stupid. Sigh.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Echoing Syddy's sentiments here, people tend to think that I am stupid, both offline and online. It didn't start bothering me until a few months ago, when it was mentioned in a conversation that I was in that people generally think that I'm stupid. Wow, thanks guys! Truly thankful for those kind words! I'm not stupid, I just undoubtedly prefer to make jokes or sling out insults rather than engage in intelligent conversation because that's just my personality, I prefer being nonchalant rather than being serious. But, if you actually took the time to address me on issues, you'd find that there is a brain in my head, that I am smart. I just prefer to use my smarts for wit rather than presenting an argument about abortion or whatever.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Yeah there are misconceptions about me, because people at least on here tend to judge me solely on my posts before actually speaking to me or getting to know me. People tend to think im always a serious; person, and while i can be serious or strongly opinionated,thats definitely not all there is to me.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
People usually think I'm too dumb to do anything, and disregard me when they need help. It's probably because of my massive shyness to people in real life. It bothers me a lot, I want to fit in, but I guess that'll never happen.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Can you just...play Pepper forever and ever in my head?

I always think people feel some way about me that they don't actually feel. Being rude or annoying are two of those things, and perhaps some people do feel that way but most of the time when I confront a friend about feeling like people don't like me they tell me I'm over-analyzing. Maybe they're lying to make me feel better. I don't know, just when I think I'm disliked by a person they exhibit evidence of being cool with me. I think I'm too paranoid, so I try not to trust myself when I think someone feels a certain way about me.

I can say many people don't catch on to my sarcasm, and I suppose that's mostly my fault for not consistently delivering it well. I'm working on it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
People often think I'm easy sexually (online that is) because... well admittedly it's my own fault, I kind of gave myself that reputation with my flirty behaviour in my early days on PC, but that's really quite untrue. Not that that's a particularly bad thing to be, it's just a misconception that bothers me sometimes.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
People say I'm shy and I don't talk a lot. It's because they're topic of conversation bore me and I don't like talking to people irl. I prefer sticking to myself and minding my own stuffs.

They also see me as lazy. Well yea, if you would play football, do parkour, MMA, muay-thai, boxing, kickboxing, you're bound to be lazy at home >>

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
People find to me to be the bullying type, besides sarcastic comments and random insults I don't really physically bully anyone. They also think that I may be autistic...but I'm not, I'm just childish.

Back