• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

1st Gen What's your favourite legendary in RGBY?

Pkich

Elite
Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2013
Mine is Zapdos because it is so awesome! It doesn't have a very good attack stat, but it is good for chipping down. I used it to catch mewtwo.

Post your favourite and why it is your favourite!

Years
Mine was probably mewtwo because he's one of the most powerful legendary in the first generations, besides, the fact that in the anime he uses an armor looks more cool XD

Years
Mine was actually Zapdos as well. I'd grown tired of having Pikachu on my team in Yellow, and what better Electric Pokemon to replace it with than the most powerful of them all? Well, at that time, at least.

I also liked Mewtwo, but with the way that Psychic types were overpowered in the first gen, I didn't even really want to use it, since it could wipe through the Elite Four basically by itself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Out of the five legendarys existing in the first gen...well I like all of them. Mewtwo was a great pokemon, the birds were great too and Mew with it's ability to be able to learn all TMs and HMs was a great HM slave xD

If I had to choose one of them I'd take Mewtwo since he was a great battler in one of my teams back in the day (Mewtwo with Metronome was quite cool xD)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
At the time, I really liked Articuno a lot. It was mainly for its design, as well as Ice Beam being my favourite move at the time, but I think it was the only legendary bird I actually caught when playing through both Blue and Yellow. Nowadays, I'd probably have to say Mewtwo. It's not one of my favourite legendaries, but it set the bar for all of the uber-legendaries to come and did it a lot better than many of the Pokemon that would try and ape it (coughArceuscough).

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
It's a tie between Mewtwo and Zapdos for me. While Mewtwo is very strong, Zapdos possess electric type, one of my favorites.
Also Articuno isn't bad too.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Mewtwo. Though, I felt like Zapdos was by far the most useful of all the legendaries at that time.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I liked Zapdos and Articuno,but I'll go with Mewtwo. He was a better legendary than Zapdos.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I don't really have huge opinions on the 1st gen legendaries really....but if I have to order them it would be:

1. Mew
2. Articuno
3. Moltres
4. Mewtwo
5. Zapdos

Personally I think the second and third gen has the best legendaries.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Articuno, not only as my favorite legendary in-game, but also a favorite legendary of all time. Articuno is a must-have legendary on my team no matter what.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
Mew. It is just so adorable, appearance and personality wise!

Articuno is my second favorite because it is beautiful and I like Ice types.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
Zapdos and Moltres, hands down. I've always loved fire types and will not stop loving them. Same with Electric types (the rodents more like it*).

tnfsf11

I like MEWTWO the most as he was so powerful and a great replacement for my Kadabra cuz I was never able to trade, but then I knew about Mew and liked him more because he can transform -ditto theory comes in head- :D

But I liked how Mewtwo was somewhat evil and human hating, I wished I could use it on the irritating trainers throughout the game ;) but it's just not possible as you can do NOTHING with legendaries but battling other pokes and that's a downside in Pokemon.

Back