• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haunter Spooks Cinccino [RMT NU]

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Haunter Spooks Cinccino
A 5th Gen NU Team

Well first off, I'm extremely new to competitive battling. Which is somewhat surprising. Thought I'd never get into competitive battling, yet here I find myself extremely interested in it lately. I've built this team, and I've had a bit of success with it, winning about 50% (probably less, lol) of my battles. I would like to see that percentage go up, so any bit of help with this NU team will be extremely appreciated.

Team Building

603.png

The first team member I added was Cinccino. I love this chinchillas speed and ability to come in late and pick off the remains of teams.

603.png
472.png

Next, I chose to add Magmortar. In order for Cinccino to come in late in a match and finish off the team, I needed a strong wallbreaker.

603.png
472.png
475.png

Leafeon made the team next. With Quagsire being a threat, I needed and wanted to add a grass type.

603.png
472.png
475.png
348.png

Next, I needed a Pokémon that was capable of Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Here is where Armaldo made the cut...at least for now.

603.png
472.png
475.png
348.png
359.png

Absol made the team next with it's incredible attack stat. However, I'm still not sure what set I should go with here.

603.png
472.png
475.png
348.png
359.png
93.png

And last but not least, Haunter makes the team. This spot was originally for Floatzel, however I have seen a bit more success with Haunter in this spot then Floatzel.

The Team

603.png

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- Wake-Up Slap

472.png

Magmortar @ Life Orb
Ability: Vital Spirit
Nature: Timid
EVs: 24 HP | 252 SpA | 232 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- HP Ice

475.png

Leafeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk | 4 Def | 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Substitute

348.png

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Ability: Battle Armor
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Atk | 252 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

359.png

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 152 HP | 252 Atk | 104 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

93.png

Haunter @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spe
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- HP Ground

Years
I am one of PC's greatest Rate My Team critics, second to only PlatinumDude and this sections moderator duo (Anti and Wolflare).

Here's my feedback on this team:

603.png

Adamant or Jolly nature
Life Orb
Technician
EVs 4 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
Rock Blast, Bullet Seed, Wake-Up Slap, Return or Tail Slap

This is the best moveset on little Cinccino, which is considered one of the best Technician abusers. Rock Blast, Bullet Seed and Wake-Up Slap are to all give you sure type coverage as well as getting around things with the new and improved Sturdy. Tail Slap is a staple on Cinccino due to the Technician boost it gets, Return isn't that great unless you make it happy but it's worth consideration.

472.png

Timid nature
Life Orb
Vital Spirit
EVs 24 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 232 Speed
Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Focus Blast, HP Grass or Ice

The moveset for an all-out special attacking Magmortar. Fire Blast will serve as your main attack, Thunderbolt and Hidden Power Grass take down Water-types that come your way. Focus Blast to deal with Rock-types and Hidden Power Ice to deal with Dragon-types that would resist Fire Blast/Thunderbolt. A Life Orb will add to that power.

475.png

Jolly nature
Leftovers
Chlorophyll
EVs 252 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Speed
Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Substitute, Leaf Blade

Defensiveness is what Leafeon is all about and this is a set worth trying after I did my homework on Smogon. Swords Dance boosts the power of your Leaf Blade which will be your STAB move. Set up Substitute to absorb damage and block status moves, well recommended because Leafeon has high Defense and Speed. And to top it all off, Baton Pass to pass the effects of Swords Dance and/or Substitute to another team member. Nothing gets good at defense than Leafeon, in the Neverused tier.

348.png

Adamant nature
Leftovers
Battle Armor
EVs 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed
Rapid Spin, Stone Edge, X-Scissor, Earthquake or Stealth Rock

Armaldo's purpose is as an all-out physical attacker. Stone Edge and X-Scissor serve for your main STAB moves. Armaldo is one of the few surviving NU Pokemon to use Rapid Spin, and it can pull it off well against entry hazards. Earthquake is there for additional coverage or go with Stealth Rock to damage the opponent with every switch-in they do. While not the beast it used to be in the 4th Gen competitive metagame, it can still do a good job.

359.png

Adamant nature
Life Orb
Super Luck
EVs 152 HP, 252 Attack, 104 Speed
Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Superpower, Night Slash or Psycho Cut

In the NU tier, there are no bigger threats than Absol. With a powerful 130 base Attack this thing hits hard. In the 4th Gen it got an ability that made it useful - Super Luck, which is the ability that increases your critical hit ratio. Opponents often have to watch out for those critical hits, and this moveset can pull it off well. Sucker Punch allows you to hit first against an opponent preparing to attack you, Swords Dance to make your attacks even more lethal, Superpower for damaging Pokes weak to Fighting. Also, Night Slash to abuse Super Luck or Psycho Cut to counter Fighting-types, which can beat Absol down. Have fun playing with this set and give me feedback if you like it.

93.png

Timid nature
Life Orb
Levitate
EVs 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
Substitute, Shadow Ball, Sludge Bomb, HP Ground or Pain Split

Being lacking in defensive power, Substitute is the staple for Haunter. It allows Haunter to survive some hits and block status moves as well. Sludge Bomb and Shadow Ball serve for STAB moves. Pain Split is there for health recovery while damaging your opponent at the same time or Hidden Power Ground for additional coverage that feeds of of its high Special Attack. Hidden Power Ground can help deal with Drapion, Skuntank and Steel-types. Pain Split and Life Orb combine well due to the HP recovery from Pain Split and most of your attacks will cost a little HP due to the Life Orb. Give me feedback if you like this set!

And I think I have your team all set.

Back