• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Missunderstood Chaos (Recruiting)

Years
Hello and welcome to Team Misunderstood Chaos (name supseptable to change)!

The reason I am forming this team is because one man can't do everything, right? So I am admitting to myself that I need to call in some help and form a team that, as a whole, can do everything. I know that is a highly unlikely thing to happen but it's worth a shot.

Currently the hack underway is Pokemon Magikarps Adventures - the link to thread is in my sig, it has all the details of the hack needed, but if you want more you can always ask. The hack is still just an alpha test, although a beta was released to see if people liked the opening and the current starting plot.

Lets get down to business then shall we:

Application:

Name: - What you'd like to be known as
Hacking Skills: - What can you do
Best at: - What one of the above (if more then one) you're better at
Proof (Optional): - Show me your tallents so I can judge if you're worthy
Past experiances (Optional): - What hacks have you worked on/helped on
When your Available: - When your not busy and can actually do a task you've been given
Time Zone: - What area do you live in
Prefered method of Contact: - How would you like to comunicate

Whose needed:

Events
Tile/Pallet editor
Title screen editor
User bars and/or Banners
ASM hacker
Spriter

The Current Team:

X3 -
Mapping and Story
bwburke94 -
Music
MoStDoPe - Understudy
Jbsundown - OverWorld Editor, basic scripter and story ideas
MegaWormHole - Ideas (from buildings to story and everything in between)
Shikai - Scripter and mapper
kinataki - Pixel artist, ideas

So if you're interested in joining fill out an application and submit it, if you fit the criteria of what is needed the odds are on you'll get accepted since I need the help of anyone on that list. Right now though, it would be better if you need to work on an external program to help this hack since it is currently under review and being improved by a friend and I need to wait till I get the updated version back before any mapping can take place.

Well I believe thats everything covered, I hope to hear from some people who want to sign up! And hopefully have a better team name... unless you like the name, then it will stay as 'Team Misunderstood Chaos'!

Last edited:

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
Misunderstood Chaos is a good name, as long as you spell it correctly. Same with your hack: It should be Rogue, not Rouge. And we have PMD to play if we want to play a roguelike.

I'm considering applying as a music inserter and spellchecker, but nothing's final as of yet. I have my own (unannounced at the moment) hack to work on.

Years
Owww, so close, one too many 's'. Now with Rogue, it's a pun since I'm hacking fire red for it. And PMD? I haven't heard of this...

Sweet, I've no clue what program I could use for the music nor how I would even go about the new sounds so thats great. I'll await your confirmation.

Years
Name: - Jbsudown
Hacking Skills: - Story, Scripting, Mapping, OW spriting.
Best at: - They are all at moderatley basic levels, except Story. I believe that I excell at that compared to the others.
Proof (Optional): -
Spoiler:

Past experiances (Optional): - I am new to the scene, therefore haven't worked on anything as of yet. Just small practises for myself.
When you're Available: - Whenever pretty much!
Time Zone: - GMT (UK)
Prefered method of Contact: - PM/VM

Years
Alright Jbsundown, since I'm mapping, you'll be OW spritting and basic scripting with some story added as well. You cool with that?

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
Name: - MegaWormHole
Hacking Skills: - I've done some ROM Hacking for personal fun stuff
Best at: - Ideas! (I've got a big imagination, I can help pitch in ideas for anything, whether it's the story, ideas for buildings/enviroment, or anything else)
Proof (Optional): - Not sure how I can prove it, maybe show me an area you're working on and I can pitch my vote/ideas?
Past experiances (Optional): - None, this is kind of new to me
When your Available: - All day every day (Reasonable time, not 2 in the morning)
Time Zone: - USA, -5:00 (Lima & New York)
Prefered method of Contact: - Text? (Willing to give my number) or PM on here

Years
Okay MegaWormHole it will have to be a PM since I live in the UK and don't even have enough credit to text anyone here let alone in the USA.

Either way though, teams always need an ideas pitcher when things are moving slowly, welcome to Team Misunderstood Chaos!

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
Okay MegaWormHole it will have to be a PM since I live in the UK and don't even have enough credit to text anyone here let alone in the USA.

Either way though, teams always need an ideas pitcher when things are moving slowly, welcome to Team Misunderstood Chaos!

Alright man, thanks, if you or anyone on the team, toss me a PM and I'll help the best I can.

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I can try script for you, I'm not very good but I can do basic things. I have programming knowledge from previous experiences so I don't think it'll take me long to pick it up.

Name: - You can call me FBI
Hacking Skills: - absolutely nothing Scripting
Best at: - Scripting
Proof (Optional): -
Spoiler:

Past experiances (Optional): - I have worked on my own unsuccessful hack. It crashed with the white screen of curruption.
When your Available: - Whenever I'm online!
Time Zone: - Canada
Prefered method of Contact: - Errrrrr..... I leave this question as an exercise to you.

Years
@MegaWormHole - Will do man

@FBI Agent - Alright, I'm going to say you're in since we need a scripter. If you get on looking at more complex script tutorials and learn stuff like changing the scene after the player does something and hiding people after a certain event, ect, ect. You'll have to learn it eventually so might as well start now right? But you're in! Welcome to Team Misunderstood Chaos.

Years
Thats good to hear youngling... But how about we just call you The Agent... Either way names will come later, you just get on learning!

Blah

Free supporter
Years
Have you guys actually started on anything? Just wondering :P
Planning is nice and all, but it'd be nice to have something to show.

Years
Haha, the game itself I'm waiting on getting it back or I'm going to have to back track the hack and fix the scripting errors... But if you're up for your first test, I'll let you know the problems and you can attempt fixing them if you want?

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
Haha, the game itself I'm waiting on getting it back or I'm going to have to back track the hack and fix the scripting errors... But if you're up for your first test, I'll let you know the problems and you can attempt fixing them if you want?

I read your first thread on the story of the hack, and was wondering what your base ROM is. and if you already a starting area or not, I have a great idea I can PM you with.

PM for more information!

Back