• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT- Kinda new, so a little help please

Years
Hello, I'm fairly new to competitive battling, and I figured that I needed some imput on this gen 5 team that I made (basically how to make it better). This team is based a lot on my previous gen 4 team, and with a few tests on pokemon online I found it as an ok-ish team. (about 2 win, 3 lose)

So anyway here's my team:

Lead:

Metagross @ Shuca Berry
248 HP/236 ATK/ 24 Speed
Adamant/Clear body
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Explosion

A fairly good lead, I like it because it's not as frail as other leads, and it can be used later. Although explosion's power was nerfed, it still does a fair amount, and it's especially useful against leads who think they can set up on you and attempt to beat your entire team. The only complaint I have about this guy is he's slow and sometimes dosn't get rocks up.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
252 Speed/252 Sp.ATK/ 4 HP
Modest/ Shadow Tag
-Fire Blast
-Energy Ball
-HP(Ice)
-Shadow Ball

This guy is hands down one of the best revenge killers in the game, all the mentioned attacks are there for super-effective coverage against popular threats/walls like garchomp, skarmory, ferrothorn, ect. I think this guy got banned though, if so I'll probably replace chandelure with Volcarona.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
252 HP/ 220 Sp.Def/36 Speed
Calm/ Natural Cure
-Seed Flare
-HP(Fire)
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis

Yes, I know that this set is rather odd, but it works. It isn't 2HKO'ed by zapdos's heat wave, starmie's Ice beam, or even Alakazam's signal beam. It helps milotic take some electric/grass attacks and milo helps shaymin take care of some of shaymin's weaknesses as well.

Milotic @ Leftovers
212 HP/ 252 Def/ 36 Sp.ATK/ 8 Speed
Bold/Marvel Scale
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Toxic/Dragon Tail
-Recover

The EV spread is there to reach 384 HP, which is enough for max leftovers recovery, and also to give milotic a little boost in special attack. I use surf over scald, because 30% isn't reliable and surf is more powerful. I'm thinking about replacing toxic with dragon Tail because my team is weak to set up pokemon, should I do it?

Lucario @ Life Orb
252 ATK/ 252 Speed/ 4HP
Adamant/Inner Focus/Justified
-Extremespeed
-swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Ice Punch/Stone Edge

Lucario has saved me multiple times. There were times I thought all hope was lost but then lucario set up Swords dance and saved the day. Now with Exteremespeed having +2 Priority, it's even better. I use Close Combat over Hi Jump Kick because it's 100% accurate.

Salamence @ Expert Belt
252 Speed/ 236 Atk/ 20 Sp.ATk
Naughty/Intimidate
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Fire Blast

A really good offensive DD set, but I was thinking after losing to a sand storm team, should I replace salamence with Garchomp?

Anyways, thank you for reading this and any recommendations/replacements would help

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Shadow Tag Chandelure hasn't been released yet, and its legitimacy is up for debate. Heatran and Tyranitar walk all over it, so replacing Energy Ball with Hidden Power Fighting or Ground, if it has it is a good idea. If it doesn't have a Hidden Power of those types, keep Energy Ball.

For Lucario, I'd have Ice Punch because it helps you deal with Gliscor; however, you're walled by Jellicent, so Crunch can be worth considering.

Back