• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Spiky's DS Map Editor
by Spiky-Eared Pichu

The next step after Pokémon Gen IV Map Converter is here! Including all the features from the original tool, SDSME opens the way to matrix and header hacking. It also includes 3D viewers for maps and buildings, and visual editors as well. Everything can be done with only a few clicks!

Supported games

• Pokémon Diamond and Pearl (All languages)
  • Pokémon Platinum (All languages)
  • Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver (All languages)
  • Pokémon Black and White (All languages)
  • Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (All languages)
Features available in the current version

• Header editing
  • Map editing (includes section import/export and permission and building editors, as well as tilesets)
  • Matrix editing
  • Text editing
  • Script and event editing
  • Wild Pokémon editing
  • Trainer editing
Translators
  • Italian: Pichu2000 and xAlien95
  • French: Link_971
  • German: Dragonflye
  • Chinese: Pokewiz000

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Download

v1.8.1 (23/6/2013): http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/Spiky-EaredPichu/SDSME

Note: .NET Framework 4 or a newer version is required to run the tool.

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Woah, I'm surprised no one's posted yet!

Finally a DS Map Editor I'm gonna download this now! :)

Good job Spiky-Eared Pichu! :)

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Wow! This is awesome! Thank you Spiky-Eared Pichu! Now I can do without 3D Material Editor and the other plugins!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Thank you all. Remember to report bugs if you find any, it'll really help :)

Wow! This is awesome! Thank you Spiky-Eared Pichu! Now I can do without 3D Material Editor and the other plugins!

You will continue to need the 3D Material Editor and the plugins. The tool has a nsbmd importer/exporter, which means you have to create the nsbmd yourself. Also, remember that the nsbmd you import must be texture-free; the btx files are linked to maps using the tileset value in that map's header.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Thank you all. Remember to report bugs if you find any, it'll really help :)

You will continue to need the 3D Material Editor and the plugins. The tool has a nsbmd importer/exporter, which means you have to create the nsbmd yourself. Also, remember that the nsbmd you import must be texture-free; the btx files are linked to maps using the tileset value in that map's header.

Umm... I got a question is .NET Framework 4.5 the latest .NET Framework version?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
Umm... I got a question is .NET Framework 4.5 the latest .NET Framework version?
Yes, it is. But I've got .NET Framework 4, and I'm able to use this tool. I've disassembled it, and it's programmed with .NET Framework 4.

You can download it from Microsoft website, google it

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
Wow.

WOWOWOWOWOW.

Any tutorial on how to easily use this? For a real beginner.

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Wow.

WOWOWOWOWOW.

Any tutorial on how to easily use this? For a real beginner.

I'll make a tutorial soon, because the tool is pretty powerful and I don't want people to get lost in that ocean of bytes and buttons (specially in the header editor). In the meantime, I'd suggest to mess around a bit with everything. Find out what everything does, and try things. With this version you can fully edit maps or even move maps around Sinnoh. Thanks for supporting the tool! :)

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I don't know what's wrong with my computer The program opens but it can't open the ROM, I got a fresh DIAMOND rom and it says that it Could not find a part of the path, I got .NET Framework 4 Installed but when I try to install 4.5 it says that it's not compatible with my computer... :(

I'm using Xp...

Guys, help? :(

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I don't know what's wrong with my computer The program opens but it can't open the ROM, I got a fresh DIAMOND rom and it says that it Could not find a part of the path, I got .NET Framework 4 Installed but when I try to install 4.5 it says that it's not compatible with my computer... :(

I'm using Xp...

Guys, help? :(

When does the error happen? Is it before the game is detected? Before the headers are loaded?

I can understand why it happens, though, and it'll be fixed in the next release.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2012
I'm not sure if this is a bug but when I tried to open a Soul Silver ROM I got the following message: Unsupported ROM file.

Is the ROM meant to have a certain file extension?

By the way, this looks awesome.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just re-read your post and noticed that HGSS isn't supported yet. Wow, I'm dumb.

Last edited:

Tan and Teal

DS ROM Hacker
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2019
Woah... You really meant huge. So you can do all of it? Texture, Models, Buildings, and even moving maps around Sinnoh (which is like everything for me:)) etc. ? ...That's actually not too hard to believe, considering how much you've already done. So we've finally reached this point. That's great. Amazing work, Spiky-Eared Pichu. :D

Last edited:

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
When does the error happen? Is it before the game is detected? Before the headers are loaded?

I can understand why it happens, though, and it'll be fixed in the next release.

After the ROM has been loaded... :( Once you open the program all seems to be fine but, when you load the ROM it says that it could not find a part of the path...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Oh wow, brilliant! I'm glad we have another map editor for the 4th generation... but not just a map editor... but a matrix editor as well!

So I was really excited and immediately downloaded this tool and gave it a try with Pokémon Platinum.

It unpacked and then I looked into the map matrixes, I was amazed how the different map matrixes and how each one was different for indoor and cave areas. Just as I thought there was something very different about the map matrix with indoor areas and stuff. The main area where all the towns, routes and cities are situated on Matrix 0 as we know already.

But then I decided to take a look at the BMD0 model of the map data on Twinleaf Town. But when that happened, I chose Texture 0 for it's textures, and while it was loading in the Debug menu of nsbmd.exe, it crashed at where it said this:
Code:
convert matid = 8
	tex 'nsand': 16-Color [16,16] texsize = 00000080
	pal 'sandset': pixelnum = 256, repeat = 03
Obviously it doesn't seem to like loading certain textures, or maybe there's more textures in the BTX0 file than what nsbmd.exe is limited to.

Platinum Lucario

Years
I've noticed that texture0 is a debug texture set that was seen in some really early screenshots of the game from Japan. There's some textures that it's missing. You can render it in-game through some manipulation tricks, but it seems some programs don't render it properly because it's missing some.

If the source of that NSBMD program was released, it'd be awesome because we can fix that bug.

Ah I see, well if we knew assembly. I'm sure we would've disassembled the .exe by now. I wonder who actually made NSBMD?

Platinum Lucario

Years
Anyways, is anyone else able to edit the matrix? I get errors when it tries to save. It errors with "Could not find a part of the path {filepath}. However, the path exists.

Oh my, I haven't tried editing the matrix as of yet. I'll have to check it out and see what happens. And do a bit of messing around with it to see how many bugs I can find in this tool.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
ERMAHGERD!
Like, ermahgerd O,O
I love you, so much right now.
Like, FINALLY! This is just the step we needed in hacking right now, er mah gerd!
Great job, really. This opens the horizon for so much more, I'm gonna cry :)

Back