• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
The Official Nuzlocke Challenge
The Nuzlocke challenge is one of the funnest, emotional, and most rewarding ways to play a Pokemon game.

Here are the all-important RULES:

1. If a Pokemon Faints, its dead, release it.
2. No Healing Outside of battle (optional)
3. You can only catch/recieve one Pokemon in each Area. A town is one area, a route is one area, a cave is one area, etc. Should you fail to catch a Pokemon for any reason (other than game corruption) than too bad.
4. You must nickname all of your Pokemon (optional, but highly reccomended)
5. No catching legendaries.
6. Trading is disallowed, but the reasons following this clause are allowed. Egg trading is okay, same thing with Pokemon that can't have eggs. (optional) Trading simply for the purpose of evolution is perfectly OK.
7. Change the battle style to SET. (optional)
8. Make Comics whenever something amazing happens. (optional, but still reccomended :I)
Have Fun and take on the Nuzlocke Challenge!

The rules in bold are the only ones that are required, the others are simply commonly used, or for fun.

Red/Blue/Yellow

Champions: Myrrhman, Vaporeon7, AustInsane, edwardo999

Gold/Silver/Crystal

Champions: Gogoshinydunsparce

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald:

Champions: Dark Sceptile, Sammuthegreat, Mondays Suck, Myrrhman, Hawkfire-The-Cat, Zaroas

FireRed/LeafGreen

Champions: DefiningTheDecade, SeventySeven, Sammuthegreat

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Champions: Diablerie, Necroflame, Rews11, Karpman, Sammuthegreat

Heartgold/Soulsilver

Champions: Vaporeon7

Black/White

Champions: Zaroas

Hacks
Champions: Chaos1011 (Moemon Fire Red Omega)

Colosseum/XD
Champions

CSS Courtesy of Alternative

For more info, here's nuzlocke's official site: http://www.nuzlocke.com/?page_id=2 (comics contain suggestive language)

Last edited:
Years
I honestly haven't had the time to update every champion.
If anyone who has completed the challenge and isn't on the Original Post, please VM me and
I apologize for this.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Rofl, I was like "that's odd, I can't believe this challenge is so popular and so few people have finished it. It must be a lot harder than I give it credit to being.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
emerald.jpg

Pokémon Emerald Nuzlocke
Chapter 3: The only chapter which is truly shocking. BAHAHA!

Well, as I had just finished defeating Brawly, I thoguht to myself as any other trainer would "hey, let's go into that cave over there". So thats what I did. I don't know why I had to go through there, but I did. Upon arriving at the cave I found someone so giving and caring, you could even call them amish, but for now, we'll call him a hiker.

PokemonEmerald18.png

(It's good to know some people still have morals.)

I was training throughout the cave, and finally found a Sableye after much searching and named him OhMahGawd. I don't know why they have to be so elusive on me, but they were. Anywho I was still training and Lucyy II evolved.

PokemonEmerald19.png
PokemonEmerald20.png

(About time I had another evolution. >.<)

So I kept traversing through the cave and I had no idea why I was doing this. There was absolutely no reason for me to randomly traverse through a cave, and then I found Steven. I gave him the letter, and some other crap happened and he needed to rush off somewhere.

PokemonEmerald21.png

(There's no rush Steven. Let me make you a sammich before you leave first.)

I left the cave with this conveniently placed Escape Rope I found earlier, despite not even using it, and went off to the next area, also known as Slateport City. There was a big rush of Team Aqua members here waiting to get into the museum of botany and other things like boats. You can obviously tell they're bored waiting. n_n

PokemonEmerald22.png

(Sorry, bro. Using an emulator.)

After talking to some important people, they got let in, and I got a TM from one of them for trolling him or something (I wasn't paying attention). I went upwards to see Captain Stern and some Team Aqua grunts followed me, so I had no other choice but to beat them all myself with no help from anyone. I then met their leader, who is either a pirate, or has a sea fetish. :/

PokemonEmerald23.png

(What about the ocean?)

After going through all that crap with Team Aqua, and finally getting some peace around here, I thought it would be a good time to forge onward towards Mauville City. Route 110 came along, and I found an Oddish, which has been named Bag O'Weed. There were some trainers and a Trick House there which I used to train everyone, especially Fun Cool, who managed to evolve after a lot of grinding.

PokemonEmerald25.png

(About fricken time. :D)

And Brendan just so happened to be there and he pretty much forced me into a battle. I can gladly say Lucyy II solo'd him quite easily.

PokemonEmerald26.png

(Yes I know, you don't need to keep pointing it out.)

And to keep in with the spirit of Brendan, I just had to add some sort of sexual slur into the update. :P

PokemonEmerald27.png

(Root. ROOT!)

So I finished the Route 110 and you know, grinded some more until I finally got to Mauville City, the home of gambling, free bikes and simply shocking people (pun intended). I went to the route on the right of Mauville to battle some of those trainers, which was really easy, and then went to battle Wally, whom was easy work for Sydian.

PokemonEmerald28.png

(Yes Wally. Yes you did.)

I also discovered that near the place there is a Day Care center, so I shoved Inferno and Bag O'Weed in there together so they can make beautiful screeching, high babies together or something. I travelled over to Verdanturf Town, battling all the trainers on the way there and then finally meeting Wally at his house. That was really boring and instead went over to the gym to battle the trainers there as well as the shockingly skilled Wattson. Unfortunately Fun Cool had passed away at this stage due to critical hits from all the super effective electric attacks, but it's not the end of the world yet. Wattson was a tough old bugger and did take a while to take down. Sydian proved well here with Screech and overcoming Paralysis with Quick Attack, and finally took him down all on her own. I earnt myself the badge and the Shock Wave TM.

PokemonEmerald29.png

(BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!)

Badges Obtained:

30px-Stone_Badge.png
30px-Knuckle_Badge.png
30px-Dynamo_Badge.png

Pokémon which are still alive:
Spr_3e_253.gif

Sydian Lv. 26
Brave Nature
Overgrow
- Pursuit
- Screech
- Absorb
- Quick Attack

Spr_3e_302.gif

OhMahGawd Lv. 26
Gentle Nature
Keen Eye
- Fury Swipes
- Fake Out
- Night Shade
- Detect

Spr_3e_184.gif

Lucyy II Lv. 22
Timid Nature
Huge Power
- Tackle
- Rollout
- Tail Whip
- Water Gun

The boxed/day cared:
Ani293MS.png
Ani043MS.png
Ani292MS.png

The deceased:
dpiconani261.gif
dpiconani280.gif
dpiconani268.gif
dpiconani263.gif
Ani276MS.png
Ani291MS.png

Hawkfire-the-cat

I wrote this ya know
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
I new thread I see ^^
I'm also suprized at how few champions there is, I suppose I'm a grinding machine (on my current HG run I had level 45's when I first got to Cinnawood) Back to topic though: so people don't have to go browing through the old thread to read my story I'm going to post my chapters in this post (hopefully I can fit them plus the new one, yes, I can O_O) I'm doing a Platnium Nuzlocke with nicknaming (after a word in the sentence of the song I'm listening to), dead if fainted, only pokecenter healing (using LIMITED full restore's out of battle in E4), first poke in each route, and I'm adding my rule of not using the boxes, if I catch a pokemon I have to use it in my team. Whiting out=game over.

CHAPTER ONE
Spoiler:

CHAPTER TWO
Spoiler:

CHAPTER THREE
Spoiler:

CHAPTER FOUR
Spoiler:

CHAPTER FIVE
Spoiler:

CHAPTER SIX
Spoiler:

NEW: CHAPTER SEVEN
Spoiler:

On the plus side I'm almost up-to-date plot wise, but there's been some new additions to my team. On the downside schools started again, so I wont be posting very frequently.

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Lv 70 Hothead by vermillion..

Lv 80 by Pallet

Got EXPN card and killed snorlax in OH

Killed Blaine's pokemon..

Blue is next..

Red.. your going down!

Lv 70 Hothead by vermillion..

Lv 80 by Pallet

Got EXPN card and killed snorlax in OH

Killed Blaine's pokemon..

Blue is next..

Red.. your going down!

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
New thread :DD and I'm still the Hack Champion :3

Once I get access to my desktop with White Version and my Pokegen, I'll do my Shuckle Solo. Is it ok to hack in my moveset for Shuckle and make it Toxic, Power Trick, Encore, Earthquake? The people down at the Nuzlocke Forums said it was ok but since your the thread owner I want to know your opinion. If I can't then I won't join, bcecause Shuckle without Toxic is suicide.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Personally, I'd do 1 Pokemon per Area on the PokeWalker but Karpman is the one who should decide.

Years
I have a question. The pokewalker in Nuzlockes... what are you allowed to do with it??

I know that a lot of nuzlockers leave it out of question, but if you want a pokewalker-exclusive Pokemon like Elekid or Murkrow, while still in Johto, I guess 1 Pokemon per area would be OK. Personally have neither the time nor the patience to use it, but if you do, go for it.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
EDIT:

Update 9

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
Years
Second Update on Fire Red Nuzlocke.

Spoiler:

DefiningTheDecade

I may not be famous.. but..
Years
Transferred my save file to my fone downloaded gameboid and finished my silver nuzlocke in my world history class ;D

Decades final Silver Update:

Spoiler:

Hoenn.. prepare to meet destruction

Last edited:

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
So, it says just the first pokemon you find in each area on the nuzlocke site.. is that rule observed?

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Nope, Karpman requested to Lock it to make this. Maybe to clean the slate and make everything neater.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
Years
It was mostly to clean it up, as you said, and the fact that was a pain having to switch accounts every time I needed to edit something.

Oh Ok. I understand. Now I should probably get the heck outta here, since I'm not in a nuzlocke yet... ah, I'll join one when I don't have so many other challenges to do. I actually was doing one on Sapphire, but that was on my Cartridge and grinding was becoming a bit too tedious, plus I ended up with my only good pokemon being a Grovyle, so I was gonna quit anyway.

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
I'm going to try the Nuzlocke challenge. After reading the comments, I've been inspired. I'll try it out on FireRed using rules 1, 3 and 7.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back