• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Final Fantasy XIII- Dawn's Reckoning

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII- Dawn's Reckoning

Final Fantasy XII Info: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII

OOC Thread

Disclaimer: There are spoilers for the first game.

Plot
Spoiler:

You
You are one of the six l'Cie who have been blamed for The Shadow's deeds. Your loved ones might still believe in you but as for everyone else they have reverted back to the way they were before Ragnarok. Your duty is to travel from the ruins of Oerba where you all wake up after receiving you l'Cie mark to New Eden the capitol of Gran Pulse. This will be a long and dangerous journey. Full of Cie'th, wild beasts, hostile civilians, and self discovery and doubt. Each of the six have the same focus. To take down The Shadow and bring forth a new Dawn.

Important information
l'Cie each specialize in three paradigms. Paradigms are the classes that your character takes in battle, that define the abilities you use. In the group you must coordinate who will use what paradigm at what time, planning is important because it can make the difference in a victory or a defeat. These roles all have an important part in battle.
The Commando has enhanced strength and focuses on close attacks being more susceptible to damage.
The Ravager charges enemy chain gauges with concentrated attacks, focuses on magic based abilities based around the elements.
The Sentinel Shields allies from Enemy Attacks, focuses on protective barriars to prevent or lessen damage for a short amount of time.
The Saboteur Boosts allies chances of status afflictions on enemies, uses magic to enhance allies in battle.
The Synergist Boosts allies stats in battle, uses magic to increase stats like power, speed, etc for a short time in battle.
The Medic Heals allies, uses magic to restore allies health in and out of battle.

Each l'Cie as one of the six Eidolon that will reveal itself from within the eidoliths in their l'Cie brand when a l'Cie is in deep despair. You must battle your Eidolon and if you win you gain the power to summon it in battle. When an Eidolon is summoned in battle only the Eidolon and the person who summoned it can battle for the 2 minute timespan. When an Eidolon is summoned the summoner and the summoned are both invincible for those two minutes, during the first minute both fight together, in the second minute the Eidolon transforms into Gestalt mode were they take the form of some sort of vehicle. The Six Eidolon's are Shiva, Odin, Brynhildr, Bahamut, Alexander, and Hecatoncheir

Rules
1. This Rp is rated M for violence.
2. Romance is okay must be kept at a K level.
3. we will be in groups the entire RP, most of the time all together, but there will be times we are in groups of two.
4. Be careful with language, the occassional word is okay, just be respectful of the filter and don't make it every other word.
5. No using any of the characters from Final Fantasy, that means all the games not just XIII.
6. For Battles each time I will choose a different Rp member to control the enemies, it is up to the person controling the enemies if an attack hits or misses.
7. If you wish to gain your Eidolon ask me and I will let you know if it is an appropriate time. My character will be the first to gain theirs so I can show you guys how to proceed with it.
8. There will be no player character death.
9. NPC's can be made just ask first.
10. If you wish to have your characters past be secret that is fine, but you must write out their past and send it to me in a pm for me to approve. Other than my character only one other character may have a hidden past.
11. To show you've read the rules please enter a six digit combination involving one capitol letter, one lowercase, and four numbers in the password section.

Spots
1. Aurora (~Genevieve~) Eidolon: Odin
2. Eidolon: Alexander
3. Daniel Heavens (Khawill) Eidolon: Shiva
4. Eidolon: Brynhildr
5. Ezra Ethanael Gray (Quicksand.) Eidolon Hecatoncheir
6. Jericho Godbane (miltankRancher) Eidolon: Bahamut

Prologue

Your goal for the first part of the RP is to get to The Ruins of Oerba. In your first part tell how you get there. Then the l'Cie marking will happen shortly after everyone arrives. To end the Prologue there will be a boss fight. The boss will be announced right before the fight.

What you can do:
1. Arrive in The Ruins of Oerba.
2. Interact with the other characters.
3. Discover the l'Cie brand after and only after that event happens.
4. fight in the boss battle.

What you can not do:
1. Mention being a l'Cie before the event happens.
2. Leave The Ruins of Oerba

The prologue should take between 1 week and 2 weeks. This will be the shortest part of the story.​

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
I sighed, tracking this pack of Wyverns was getting old. I had chased them all the ways down to Oerba, and they still eluded me. Still, I already knew this would be harder, all the flying they did made them much more mobile than me. My search led me to the roof of a building, giving me a clear view of plenty of the village. I tightened the strap on my targe, and extended my custom gunblade. Below me were two Wyverns, dancing near the ground. I activated my Grav-Con device and leaped down below. I was able to surprise both of them, and attacked accordingly. I managed to strike only one down in a single blow, the other one dodged my attack.

It bit me in the arm, causing a minor wound, but I immediately struck him with the side of my targe. It recoiled heavily, allowing me to shoot it with my gunblade. The wound on my left arm stung, though I was able to clean and bandage it up easily. "Only three more to go." I said out loud. I was having a pretty fun birthday.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Jericho Godbane
Ruins of Oerba: Ghasts

Jericho Godbane leaped the small crevice across the stone rocks, Grimaxe safely slung on his back. According to rumors, there are a number of Ghasts who suddenly appeared in or near the Ruins of Oerba. During normal times, Jericho would ignore such rumors, as ghasts usually do not tend to pose any danger as long as people don't go looking for them actively. However, what caught Jericho's attention to this case is that these ghasts, according to the townspeople are crystalline in appearance. Jericho became piqued with interest. A ghast is one; a crystalline ghast is another. He decided to hunt them down, no intention to eradicate if it is not needed, and simply observe them. However, during the time he spent down in the ruins, around a day or less, he saw no signs of ghasts, either their trail or the crystalline material they were supposedly made of.

Jericho already decided to check back on town when he heard gunshots. Finally! he immediately doubled back, and went in the general direction of the sound. Jericho leaped across a huge boulder easily, despite the rock being almost half in his size. The sound. Was that a pistol? No, the sound was too cracked to be a pistol. Might be a gunblade. Jericho listened for a sound again, but there was none to be heard until...

"Only three more to go," a voice really near Jericho said. Jericho stopped, and peered over at the edge of the cliff. Below it, almost a hundred feet below were rooftops of houses, probably the remains of Oerba. A man was bandaging his left arm, though he seemed pretty fine. A couple of Wyverns lay dead at his feet.

"Hey, mister!" Jericho shouted, hoping the man could hear him. Despite lacking the Grav-Con device the military favors, Jericho easily leaped down to a ledge, and started climbing down onto the houses, his Grimaxe still slung behind his back.

Khawill

<3
Years
"Mister!" I heard. I looked toward the voice to see a person coming toward me. The word didn't fit the user at all, the guy was huge. I actually thought he might have been some monster. "Uh hey I guess." I said out of curiosity. I could see that he had a rather large axe, probably too heavy for me to wield very well. "Are you here hunting the Wyvernns too?" I asked, hoping he wasn't going to ruin my birthday hunt, "Because I'm going to have to ask you to not hunt the ones I tracked here."

I folded my gunblade, and put it in its holster. I took my targe off and put it on a strap around my back. I also packed all of medical supplies. "By the way, ever hear of a Grav-Con? Good device, it allows one to fall great heights without taking damage. There's other tech like it that allow humans to use magic. Maybe you should invest in finding one." I finished packing up and finally said. "Or you can continue jumping off buildings, risking your life."

miltankRancher

Years
Jericho Godbane
Ruins of Oerba: Ghasts II

Jericho leaped the last few feet, and he landed (with a huge thud!) nearly in front of the guy. He clapped his hands together, removing any dust from his gloves that had accumulated during his descent. Jericho took a good look with the man in front of him. For a man, he seemed pretty decent in height. Jericho placed him from five-foot-ten to six feet. He is holding a gunblade, one of the lighter versions that pack a greater bark than a bite. And the great Jericho Godbane proved that he is well versed with weapon sounds. A long Wyvern tattoo is marked in his arm.

"Are you here hunting the Wyvernns too? Because I'm going to have to ask you to not hunt the ones I tracked here," the guy said. He folded his gunblade, and slung it on his waist. He started packing his things, which included a really comprehensive first-aid kit. "By the way, ever hear of a Grav-Con? Good device, it allows one to fall great heights without taking damage. There's other tech like it that allow humans to use magic. Maybe you should invest in finding one. Or you can continue jumping off buildings, risking your life," the man offered as he finished packing. Jericho shook his head.

"Nah, Grav-Con devices are useless when your body is too big to notice large distances. I may think of buying one if I see a distance that I could not jump, you know. Plus, I don't even think that Grav-Con can hold my bulk," Jericho explained. He preferred using the word 'bulk' rather than 'weight' because it has a certain power in it. 'Bulk.' "Anyway, Jericho Godbane," Jericho said, extending his gloved-hand towards the man. "And no, I am not hunting Wyverns. Pesky little buggers. Rather, I heard of a rumor of a crystalline ghast, maybe more around here. Do you happen to see some indicator of it?" He looked around the area. The Wyvern corpses were starting to smell. Urk. Buggers.

"I already scourged the area for almost a day, and yet I could not find any of them."

Khawill

<3
Years
I laughed, "Well you are a naturally padded brute I guess." I shook his massive hand, I doubted he was harder to fight than a king behemoth, so I wasn't too cautious near him. "The name is Daniel, simple I know, but it is my name. Not sure what a ghats is though, friend." The name sounded familiar, though it was no beast I had ever fought before. "If you describe it to me I may able to find it very easily. I'm the best tracker and hunter on Pulse, there is only one beast to ever best me!" I laugh triumphantly.

miltankRancher

Years
Jericho Godbane
Ruins of Oerba: Ghasts III

"If you describe it to me I may able to find it very easily. I'm the best tracker and hunter on Pulse, there is only one beast to ever best me!" The man, who introduced himself as Daniel, said. He then laughed, the sound echoing throughout the ruins. It would attract monsters nearby, if there are any, but Jericho is confident he is able to fend them off. He's not quite sure about Daniel though. He is confident, yes, but Jericho could only hope that he is more capable than confident.

"Well, I have never seen a crystalline ghast before. And I am not surprised you haven't seen one either, crystalline or not. Well, ghasts tend to flock near ruins or cemeteries. They are of the Undead, you know. Groaning, shambling, with little bits of flesh and flakes of skin falling off. Can you imagine it?" Jericho made a swiping motion with his huge arms. "Typical undead. Their appearance vary with the area they can be found. Imagine a dead guy, one that was killed in battle. Okay? So, you've got the wounds, the blood, probably the decapitated arm. Then make that man walk, and you have a ghast." Jericho was having a hard time describing ghasts to Daniel. "Do you imagine it?"

Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
Hiding in the shrubbery of the overgrown flora, a bead of sweat trickled down the side of Ezras face. Blunderbuss in hand, the seventeen year old took aim.

HOOOWWLLL!

Resting birds took flight, startled by the gunshot. The panther that had been stalking the boy howled and dashed for cover as a loud bang echoed through the area. But it wasn't Ezras gun that had been fired.

Strapping his firearm to his back, Ezra stood and dusted off what small debris that had collected on his clothing while he hid in the growth. He adjusted the plentiful amount of rings that were stacked on his fingers, all which were purchased just before his expedition. The panther was nowhere to be found. In fact, almost no wildlife was to be found in the area. That gunshot must have scared them all away… Although he was unsure which way the sound had actually came from, he headed out in the opposite way of New Bodhum, searching for nothing in particular.

While the smaller monsters were nowhere to be seen, larger game such as Behemoths and Wyverns were lightly sprinkled across the landscape. Ezra hastened his pace around the massive beasts, making sure to keep his distance. But once they were out of sight, he would slow down, inhale the scent of the wild and take his time enjoying his little adventure. He would grasp on the trunks of trees, pluck and feel the texture of a single leaf every few steps or so, and gaze into the beauty of the wilderness as he trekked onwards.

It wasn't soon before long that the boy reached Oerba. Fear and anxiety began to fill Ezras body and every so often a finger or two of his would twitch. He took deep breaths, trying his best to hold his composure. He was so far away from safety, but so close to exploring what had been left rot. Curiosity took total control of his body and began to march him straight into the ruins.

Rust covered many of the buildings and snow-like substance faintly glittered the air. Ezra was in awe. He had never seen anything like Oerba before. The boy chuckled out loud and held his arms out, a smile spread wide across his face. Unfortunately, his happiness was quickly stifled when he took notice of two armed men chatting in the ruins. He hid behind a building, unsure of how to proceed.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurora

Aurora sighed brushing her blonde hair out of her eyes, in front of her was the ruins of Oerba. Rust covered buildings, and a snow-like substance covered everything and glittered in the air. Looking down from were she was standing she had to admit it was a pretty sight. One she'd like to see again. "No time for that. If the Shadow's here...I have to find them." she put her weapons away and grabbed her Grav-Con flipping off the edge of the cliff a purple glow surrounding her before she gently landed on the ground. Time to see if The Shadow was meddling here she nodded to herself fixing her hair yet again and the black skirt that covered her right leg.

Looking around she didn't notice anything at first and pulled out her com unit. "Just arrived Leader, though I don't see anything yet."

"Look around for a bit Aurora"

"I will si..."
she cut herself off at the sound of gunshots. "Someone's here, I'll com back when I find out what it is, Aurora Out" she put her com unit away and made her way through the ruins spotting a very tall and bulk black haired man talking to a shorter man also with black hair. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw a young man with brown hair hide behind a building. They better not be part of The Shadow Aurora frowned and stepped forward opening her mouth to call out to them when the ground started to shake, though before she could look to see the cause a blue light surrounded her and the other three that were there, though she noticed two more lights go off in different directions before she felt a searing pain and dropped to the ground unconscious.

(For this Event all characters go through the same thing, the light, pain, then loss of consciousness. In your posts you may include waking up. Aurora will wake once you guys do)

Khawill

<3
Years
I laughed, "I'm not one for imagination friend, a stray thought could scare you out of the hunt!" I couldn't get rid of the feeling there were more here, because I was sure that gunshot would've attracted bystanders. "Well I'm not one to fear any type of dead, as a matter of fact, it should be easier to kill them in that fashion." Suddenly the ground began shaking. Some kind of earthquake? I thought to myself.

There was pain, all over my body. It wasn't like anything I had felt before, and I struggled not to scream. All I could remember before the pain was a light...

I awoke very sore, I must not have been out long, I had been knocked out before. "They always said never sleep through your birthday." I mumbled. I feared I may have been robbed, so I checked everything. I found that all of my belongings were in order and wondered what happened.

After a quick glance, I could see that the large fellow and a female were also victims. She was as armed as I was, though she didn't look like a hunter. A guardian corps member?. Asked myself, though shook it off, they usually worked in the civilian areas. I sighed, and wondered what else could go wrong.

Suddenly the ground began shaking again, though not like before. This one I knew, an a roar confirmed it. Charging toward our direction was a King Behemoth, probably attracted by the gunshot and smell of free prey. Everybody lay unconscious and I knew I couldn't just leave them, so I unfolded my blade and got ready to fight. I shot twice at its massive head, doing little damage but changings it's target. "Over here you big bastard." I yelled, firing two more shots.

Luckily I was a bit faster than the monster, and could easily dodge its attacks. Since this was my second fight, I knew what to expect, and drove his attention away from the others. I could see that if I didn't start fighting back, he would become bored and attack the others. I decided I could fight until at least one woke up and ran away. "You are the best birthday present I've gotten today beast, you've given me a second chance!" It roared and charged at me, I roared and charged at him. Somehow I felt stronger, more empowered than before, and when I went to block his slash at me, I turned golden and felt very little pain. "Interesting." I said, then began attacking. I knew I wouldn't be able to kill it, so I played a defensive game, attacking and defending.

miltankRancher

Years
Jericho Godbane
Ruins of Oerba: King Behemoth I

Daniel laughed. "Well I'm not one to fear any type of dead, as a matter of fact, it should be easier to kill them in that fashion." Before Jericho could even react, the ground beneath them shook. Small cracks appeared on the ruin floors, and some houses started to tilt because of the shaking. Rocks started to tumble around. Suddenly, a bright light erupted underneath both him and Jericho. Daniel crumpled easily, twitching with pain. The giant managed to look around before he too succumbed to the intense pain that took over his body. He saw two other lights that erupted nearby, and two more from far away. He thought he could see a woman approaching them, but he was not sure. He fell unconscious.

--

Next thing Jericho Godbane knew, a huge roar woke him up. Or, rather, it jolted him awake. He opened one eye and saw a huge King Behemoth before them. Daniel unfolded his gun blade and rushed towards the monster. He yelled something, then fired two shots. Jericho decided to stand up and join the fight. He was still weak in his knees, but he managed. He saw the woman from earlier lying slumped in the ground. Uh-oh, Miss. You don't go lying here. Jericho grabbed the woman in a fireman's carry, and placed her behind a nearby stone. He then unslung Grimaxe.

"Daniel! Need a hand?" Jericho shouted, his whole body bristling with the anticipation of a fight. He rushed towards the King Behemoth from behind and executed a powerful downward slash. It was stronger than he expected, and he nearly lost balance. He twisted the axe, and gave an upper slash. "Hurrah!" Jericho gave a huge battle cry.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2023
It all happened so fast. Bursts of light beamed every which way, the ground fissured and swallowed abandoned buildings whole, and the crystal dust that once rested on the earth now danced in the atmosphere, halting and impairing everyones vision. Ezra laid on the ground, unaware of what had just happened. When he awoke, the dust had settled and the tremors died down. Groggy and in pain, the brunette put his back to a building and rested against the rusty wall.

Is that… blood?

Running his fingers through his hair, Ezra realized a section of his locks were soaked in blood. Patting up and down his body, the teen searched for some sort of first aid kit, but it was to no avail. His breathing became shallow and his vision was tunneling. If it hadn't been for a deafening roar, Ezras life may have ended then and there.

The boy gasped and his eyes widened at the sound. "I knew coming here was a bad idea," he muttered to himself. His curiosity had gotten him into trouble too many times to count, but never has his life been so endangered by his foolishness before. Hesitant, Ezra wondered whether he should stay hidden, flee back to New Bohdum, or search the ruins for some sort of clue as to what had just happened. While the roar was frightening, Ezra picked himself up and headed deeper into Oerba. Nothing could quench his thirst for the unknown.

What he saw next absolutely shocked him. The two men hed seen earlier were in a much better condition than he was in. They were so well, they decided to challenge a behemoth right in the middle of the ruins! Taking in the scene, Ezra noticed one of the men was emitting a yellow aura from his body and a girl in purple attire laid off to the side of the battle. Is that magic? The boy pondered. Smelling the scent of fresh blood, the beast snarled and took aim, heading straight for Ezra.

Khawill

<3
Years
I saw that another had awoken, though wounded. The behemoth charged at him, giving me the chance to either run or help. I laughed at the notion of running and ran after the behemoth, jumping on its back when I got close enough. "I'm not done with you, you overgrown dog!" Jumping on a behemoths back was generally considered reckless, and although it would make it easier to attack, there was always a chance it would stand up, likely knocking you to the ground. Still I had little choice, "If anyone is going to die to behemoth on my birthday, it's going to be me." I yelled, emptying my entire gunblade clip into its armored head. I had no intention of dying, although honorable, it would mean nothing if he went and killed the other people.

The bullets cracked the tough skin, and a couple strikes from the sword made the wound. Nonetheless he stood up, knocking me over and prepared to strike me down with his kaiser blade. I was glowing yellow and blocking, though I didn't think I could block this one.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurora

Aurora groaned slightly as she woke up. She felt a dim pain in her lower right side, and her head was swimming with quick blurry images. The sun going out, the insignia of The Shadow, a battle in a burning city, and then the light coming back. It was all blurry but she could remember it. Sitting up she noticed the men fighting a King Behemoth and gathered one of the men had moved her out of harms way. "as if" she scoffed standing up wincing again at the pain in her side she looked down and froze in shock. l'Cie...that's why...the blurry images, my focus she thought looking at the three men to see one had jumped on the King Behemoth's back before he was knocked off glowing yellow.

"alright, have to help the civilians, that's my job. I'll question them later" she smirked and drew her katana holding it firmly in her right hand and ran forward feeling as though she was stronger. She slashed at the King Behemoth twice before back flipping backwards before it could strike at her. Glancing at her left hand she saw it glowing red, and small flames forming above her palm. Magic she smirked more and thrust her left hand forward a medium sized fire ball slamming into the King Behemoth making it turn it's attention to her and charging. bring it on she smirked more and if any of the men looked at her, they'd see her l'Cie brand.

miltankRancher

Years
Jericho Godbane
Ruins of Oerba: King Behemoth II

Two other people woke up, or it's two as Jericho counted. It was hard to keep track of other people when a King Behemoth is trying to kill you. However, there was no fear in Jericho's mind. Instead, he was ecstatic of the fight, and trying to bring down the King Behemoth. He slashed and chopped with his axe, although the attention of the monster was on Daniel, who was performing some crazy acrobatics with his gunblade. A flame burst out from the King Behemoth's left side. The gal Jericho pulled to safety from before holds the attention of the Behemoth now. With four people (or as Jericho counted) attacking the monster, it seemed hard-pressed to concentrate on a single enemy.

"Hey! Monster! Pick someone your own size!" Jericho shouted. He leaped into the King Behemoth's right leg and started climbing up onto its back. He held his Grimaxe high, and smashed it into the monster's back. It screamed in pain, it's head thrashing. It was distracted again, and its attention now on the huge critter on its back. "Hey, miss! What did your parents told you about playing with fire?" Jericho leaped (higher than what he was originally capable of) to avoid the legs of the behemoth who tried to crush him. With a roar, he smashed Grimaxe on the head of the Behemoth. Blood spilled from the wound, a yucky greenish thing. With a shake of his head, the behemoth managed to throw Jericho off. He landed beautifully on the ground, beside the woman. "I'm doing good."

Khawill

<3
Years
"You can flirt with the girl after we beat the monster!" I yelled, "If the thing stands up, we are all going to get it. Everything you've done up until this point will be lost." I knew that when a behemoth was endangered, it would heal itself and change physical form. "I have seen a couple cocky hunters die that way." I continued attacking him, doing damage in the weaker spots of the creature, though I figured very soon he would change. Not sure the four of us can beat him. I thought, Not when we are this weak and new to some kind of powers. I sighed angirly, I'm going to have to run from this beast again. I saw it attacking and clawing at the others, and knew that I had no choice. might as well make it heroic.

"I'll meet all of you back here!" I yelled. I wonder if I can do magic too. I held out my hand, and a grey ball of light shot forward. Not fire, but ok. I shot several at the beast, until it changed its attention to me. "That's right beast, you'll have to fight me!" I proceeded to attack and run, getting closer toward the outside area of the city. "Keep following." I tried to stay close enough that he kept interest, which wasn't hard because he was about the same speed as me. I figured that I couldn't just turn around, I had to get back in a way that wouldn't cause him to follow. Then I got an idea, I'd jump on his back and then on a building as he ran past.

I abruptly turned around and shot three of those grey spheres at the monster's face, doing almost no damage but blinding it. Then I jumped on to his back and onto a nearby rooftop. Unfortunately the beast roared and charged through the building, and it collapsed with me in it. "Damn it!" I said out loud, as the beast stood over me. I rolled to dodge a stomp, then leaped to my feet. One side of the house now ramped to the ground, and I was able to run up it and leap across to another building, this time avoiding the beast entirely.

I returned to the others, I sustained a large cut across my chest the burned intensely, and I had smaller injuries on my arms. I sat on the ground hard, tired. "I don't even have energy for introductions." I said, addressing the two people I hadn't met. "Though I suggest we leave as quick as possible. Maybe like ten minutes tops."

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Chapter 1. Goodbye Sun.

The battle with the King Behemoth over, the beast lead away. Now is when if you have not already discovered you are a l'Cie that you are one. Suddenly though the ground shakes again and the sun goes out. Everyone had the same series of images in their vision of their focus. The sun going out, the insignia of The Shadow, a battle in a burning city, and then the light coming back. It is up to you if your character will fully grasp what their focus is, though depending on personality it could be hard to tell. From there travel to the small village of Taejin. Halfway between Oerba and the Taejin's Tower. On the way there will be several small battles that will be announced before they happen, follwed by a final boss battle right before we reach Taejin.

What you can do.
1. Notice you l'Cie Brand
2. Remember parts of the focus vision.
3. Witness the sun go out.
4. Interact with other characters.
5. Travel as a group to Taejin.
6. Participate in the battles that happen.
7. Fight in the boss battle.

What you can not do.
1. bring the king Behemoth back.
2. Leave the group.

Chapter 1 will take hopefully about a Month. Starting today on May 21st and ending on June 21st.

Aurora

Aurora shook her head, first at both men's ability to not notice the l'Cie brand. Though to give them a little credit they were fighting a King Behemoth. Secondly at the fact that one of the men was flirting with her in the middle of a battle. The one guys right. People do get killed that way. She noticed the shorter man lead the Behemoth away before coming back to them. When she saw his injuries Aurora sighed. "It will be sure to come back, if we can get far enough away quickly it will lose out scent" she looked up at the sky noticing the sun was shining. In my vision. The sun was out she thought looking at the two men in front of her. "I'm Aurora, member of the Guardian Corps. What are you civilian's doing out here" she put her weapons away crossing her arms before she looked at her right side again. "Do you guys have marks like this now?"

Suddenly though ground started to shake again and Aurora almost lost her balance though luckily she managed to keep it. She saw something rise up into the air towards the sun, before suddenly the sunlight was blocked leaving them in darkness. "what the hell"

Khawill

<3
Years
"I'm not a civilian! I haven't lived in any of the towns for years." I retorted, looking up at the sky while laying down. I looked at my arms and then at my chest, not bothering to look at any other part of my body, "Doesn't look like I got any kind of symbol." She pretty much confirmed my thoughts about her occupation, and being called a civilian annoyed me. The ground shook again and I prepared for the pain, though it did not come. Instead I watched as the sky darkened, and even the guardian was visibly surprised.

I stood up, rather annoyed. At first I thought this was some kind of joke, but I began to piece together something else was going on. "Hang on a sec Auroura now why is a guardian corp member all the way out here?" I said walking toward her, "Last time I checked your job was to protect civilians, and it doesn't look like there are any out here. Well except for those two guys, and I doubt the big one needs much help." I looked at the sky again, certainly an unnatural occurrence. "Unless there is something out here that is dangerous to the public. Is it a military weapon? Does it have something to do with those marks, or why I could take damage that easily? I think us civilians deserve at least a few answers." I came off as hostile, and regretted it in my head, though I doubted playing soft bear would give any good answers, and as big and intimidating as Jericho was, he didn't come across as too much of a tough interrogator.

"All I am asking is for answers." I said in a less agressive voice, "I think you might owe to me-- to all of us." I thought about it and added, "I'm not a civilian, I'm a hunter, though I'd be glad to help if you are on the humane side, but I don't want to go into this blindly." I was now much calmer and held out my hand, "I'm Daniel, I met the big one, and that kid with the gun I've never seen in my life." I may have been speaking calmer, but I was looking her directly in the eyes, searching for answers and attempting to verify if she was at all telling the truth.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Aurora

Aurora kept a straight face, clear of all emotion as she looked at Daniel. "If you were hit with that light and passed out, then you have it somewhere on you" she retorted calmly looking at the hunter. He then started to question her on what she was doing out here, after all her job was...as he said to protect the civilians, and there weren't supposed to be any civilians here. A part of her was annoyed at being questioned like this, while another part impressed that the hunter had the sense to question why she was out her. Plus she couldn't blame him. The Guardian Corps had been keeping The Shadow a secret from the public. They didn't want to cause fear and panic. Which was likely what was happening now around Gran Pulse.

"I have to say Daniel I'm impressed that you had the sense to question me, not many would" she reached into the bag she kept on her upper left thigh and pulled out a scrap of cloth that was white with a grey skull that had a menacing shadow. "There are a group of people who still think like people did 20 years ago about l'Cie. Which by the way, all of us probably are now. Though the Fal'Cie that is here was supposed to still be in a state of hibernation." she put the scrap of cloth away. "They call themselves The Shadow. We've kept it all under wraps so as not to cause a panic, though people are probably panicking now." her tone was cool as she looked up at the older man. Just because she was 18 didn't mean she was nervous, "just think Daniel. When you passed out after the light hit you, did you see some fuzzy images?"

miltankRancher

Years
Jericho Godbane
Ruins of Oerba: Questions

Daniel shouted something incomprehensible, then continued attacking the monster in its weaker spots. He held out his hand, and a grey orb spewed forth from his hands. Woah. I tried holding out my hand too, but nothing happened. Oh, well. It was worth a try. Daniel's attack certainly got the Behemoth's attention. I heard him shout, "That's right, beast. You will fight me!" or something like that. Daniel leaped into the nearby house and disappeared into it. The behemoth crashed into it. It was a good whole minute before Daniel came back. He sustained a huge wound across his chest. He sat on the ground, panting.

"I don't even have energy for introductions," he said. The girl butted in, however, with her introductions.

"I'm Aurora, member of the Guardian Corps. What are you civilian's doing out here?" she said. I was about to answer that I was searching for the crystalline ghasts (who knows? Maybe she has a lead) when she packed her weapons and showed her uhhmmm.. tattoo? "Do you guys have marks like this now?" I started to check my body when the sun suddenly dimmed. Or went out. The latter was more appropriate. Images started flashing in my eye, although I'm not quite sure if it was a hallucination, or real images I am seeing. Either way, there was a symbol, then a fire. It cycled between the two images, then the sun appeared again. That is a crazy experience. Jericho slung Grimaxe back.

"Hang on a sec Aurora now why is a guardian corp member all the way out here?Last time I checked your job was to protect civilians, and it doesn't look like there are any out here. Well except for those two guys, and I doubt the big one needs much help," Daniel said, his words streaming continuously. "Unless there is something out here that is dangerous to the public. Is it a military weapon? Does it have something to do with those marks, or why I could take damage that easily? I think us civilians deserve at least a few answers." Daniel continued and spoke something about being a hunter, and his willingness to help, and all. Surprisingly, he managed to introduce himself in the end. Funny little guy. The gal, Aurora, answered. She mentioned something like l'Cie and Fal'Cie. And also something like Shadow.

"Just think Daniel. When you passed out after the light hit you, did you see some fuzzy images?" She asked the gunblade- possessing guy. Jericho decided it was time that his voice be heard.

"Jericho Godbane, blacksmith. I guess, I am part of this now, right? Well, I for one saw some images, though none of it makes sense. Fire? Symbol? I mean, come on. What does that mean? Also, it seems you're well versed on what happened here, Ms. Guardian Corps. Mind telling us what happened? I had no care in the world when l'Cie's started popping out, so I really have no idea what they do, or what they even are. As for the symbol," I checked my arms, and legs. "I don't think I have one like that, but I am not positively sure. Who knows, maybe I got the symbol up my arse," I left it dangling. "Anyway, Daniel asked all my questions barring one. Have you seen any trail of crystalline ghasts around here? It's my topmost priority right now, you know." I'm pushing my luck. But what the hell. Crystalline ghasts are one in a lifetime.

Back