• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Trainer Classes?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Youngster, Fisherman, Lass, we've fought them all. So, with the arise of this new gen, do you expect new trainer classes? What sorts of trainer classes would you like to see?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Derk, we got Doctors and Nurses in gen V lmao.

I wanna fight marching band members!! :) I think that'd be awesome!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2014
Derk, we got Doctors and Nurses in gen V lmao.

I wanna fight marching band members!! :) I think that'd be awesome!

LOVED that addition! It's awesome.

I hope they have the traditional beauty class~ I miss them!

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I'd like to be able to fight people from the army! We haven't seen that before. But apart from that, I can't think of much else.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
But new possible classes could be...well...scientist and researcher are already taken...doctor, maybe? It would be interesting fighting against doctors and nurses.

Uhhh...Doctors and Nurses were introduced in black and white.

I would like trainer classes for each type. Like how theres a dragon tamer. Maybe Custom trainer classes for yourself? Err...maybe we could battle a pokemon professor? Possibly as a step up from ace trainers we could have elite trainers? Thats all i got for now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Since the region is based on France, I'm trying to think of some French-y people we could fight.

Vineyard Owner Sydian wants to fight!

Yeah. I could totally see that. Or people on those little motor scooters. Or the critic from Ratatouille. Now I'm really pulling from the barrel, haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe um a tour guide? Idk if they exist but seems appropriate !! Ummm something cute like dog Polemon trainers :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cyclists returning would be good, especially when you consider there's Tour de France.

Years
I do expect new trainer classes. Since this region seems to be based on France perhaps we could maybe have fighting against a... mime? And instead of getting the text, "Mime Joe wants to battle!" poor little Joe would have to mime it out for us.

And maybe we could also have a Pastry Maker that would only fight with pokemon that seemed like candy. So like mime jr and... voltorb? Voltorb could be hard candy!

And lastly I want to see a conductor trainer class. They could wave their baguette baton around and command their froakies around. And maybe they'd have similar hairstyle to froakie too.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Oh, actually a few other trainer classes came to mind.
If there is something like the rocket in R/S/E, I would like to be able to maybe go on the rocket and fight astronauts.
Another cool class would be teachers. (I don't know if we already have them, can't remember)
We can battle students, but we've never battled teachers.
Oh, and maybe someone like Looker, International Police person, or maybe just a detective.
This is kind of random, but maybe there can be some kind of body builder person? Working with machamp or something.
I was also thinking the main character could go to some festival kind of thing, and there are Clowns you can battle, or Magicians?
Yeah, I'm just thinking these up as I go.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I just hope we get to battle a Professor! Hopefully the one that gives us our Pokemon. However tbh I've never really payed attention to the classes other than what Pokemon they're probably going to have based off of that.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
We had chefs in gen V, yes. I think it'd make sense to have more around if we're in France-ish region. And there were teachers in gen V I think? Clearly not enough if I don't remember. I'd love more of them though!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
How about Designer? Paris is one of the major fashion capitols in the world and has been for decades. It'd be neat to throw a Designer class in there. As well as Stylist (hair stylist ofc). Artist definitely has to come back for this gen, too. Definitely Chef. Ooh, a Noble! c: That'd be neat. Mime, Tourist, Harlequin should make a comeback, too.

Back