• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Trading

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Wonder Trading! It's a new feature in Generation VI which lets you trade any Pokémon you'd like for a random Pokémon that someone else is offering. You could trade a Bidoof for a Palkia or a shiny Arceus for a Weedle - the possibilities are endless. Personally I love this new feature and I've found it to be really fun and a great way to get new IDs on my Pokémon collection, but what do you guys think of it? Do you use it often? What's the best thing you've received from a Wonder Trade? Do you tend to offer valuable Pokémon, or just put up rubbish filler Pokémon in hopes of getting a good return on them?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
I love wonder trade, I got a level 1 charmander the other day through it!
I really, really dislike the people who flood it with weedles though. I try to be a nice person with wonder trade. Normally, I trade out level 40+ pokemon =)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Oh my gosh Wonder Trade. I both hate it and love it. I've spent hours trading Eevees I've bred that I didn't want to keep and I've ended up with lots of neat stuff. I've gotten Pokemon with good egg moves and 3 or 4 31s in their IVs, different forms of Vivillions, version exclusives, etc. In my opinion, it's one of the best new features in this generation. :D

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Wonder Trade is great some times. Everyone pretty much spams it with their breeding spitbacks, which isn't too bad since other people can get decently IV'd mons they may not have. I'm afraid of it now though because of the bad egg situation I heard about. I won't be using it for a while until there's some kind of solution for it. :/

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Despite the flooding of useless pokemon i like wonder trade since i have gotten some pretty good pokes including some 31 IV's in 1, 2 or 3 stats and some rare or version exclusive pokes

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2014
Is it really glitched ? I have like 4 full boxes of 2-3 perfect IV gible,Froakie,Scyther,Honedge,Larvesta, etc.
I didnt' wonder trade for a few days I heard it's bugged and I might get hacked pokemon\bad egg

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I really hope no one trades me a Shiny Arceus! Because that means they hacked it ;; hahaha.

I love wonder trading omg <3 It's how I get rid of extra stuff I have and sometimes it's worth it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Is it really glitched ? I have like 4 full boxes of 2-3 perfect IV gible,Froakie,Scyther,Honedge,Larvesta, etc.
I didnt' wonder trade for a few days I heard it's bugged and I might get hacked pokemon\bad egg
I've not heard of any glitching like this, but it is possible there are still some kinks to be ironed out... I think it's more likely you're just getting incredibly lucky with the trades but who knows XD

Personally I love Wonder Trading, it's such an exciting thing to do. I usually try to be nice by offering some interesting Pokémon, but if I get traded something like a Bidoof or Pidgey then I'll instantly put that up for trade next until it returns as something more interesting. I don't like people spamming junk but I'm also not keen to accept junk so I'll trade them back if I get any. My coolest trade so far has been my shiny Weedle for a shiny Dugtrio - the chances of two shinies coming together like that were tiny but it was a very epic moment paha.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
It's not glitches that give the bad eggs. Apparently it's from people that are editing Pokemon and then trading them over wonder trade. I still haven't done wonder trading again. Too scared.

TGmaerZXZ

The gamer that everyone sees
Years
Wonder trade is awesome. I tend to give out Pokemon that I have hatched and that have pokerus.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I am loving WonderTrafe!

I throw out random Pokemon I have caught... I.e not evety loudy Bidoof I find, but a new Pokemon I meat every route. I am playing in German and hoping that people just appreciate the cool foreign language names.

I have gotten in return mostly level 1 egg hatched Pokemon which I am appreciative of. But the best grab was a nicknamed Gyrados, merely for its nickname being so creative... "Ragin Abe". Just for its name it has stayed in my party since.

Years
I've heard all about the Wonder Trade craze on Tumblr lately, and the posts tend to get funny at times. When I get X and Y I might want to try this feature out for myself and see what all the rage is about. It seems like you can get almost anything out of this so no wonder it's being talked a lot.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Love it! Always trying to trade away Pokemons from the Friend safari, or level 40+ ones I already have!
Managed to trade my level 60 Venosaur for a level 75 Steelix, first "high level" trade I did and got a higher one back<3

Years
I LOVE wonder trading!!! I have taken it upon myself to clean it up though. Whenever I get low-leveled Pokemon or un-evolved one I always train them up before I send them back out into the world or I keep them to increase my odds for the Lotto. I also put out whatever I happen to be breeding. It's so cool when I send out a level 1 Charmander and get back an Arcanine.

Years
I use it to get rid of the bottom of the barrel breeding rejects. I haven't gotten anything good from it so far, and since I learned how to use GTS "properly," I haven't done any wonder trading since.

Feunard

Random Trainer
Years
I love Wonder Trade but it's annoying getting fletching, charmanders and froakies every other time I trade. At first with charmander and froakie I was excited. I didn't pick the water starter so it felt great to have it but then I started getting boxes of them and just got annoyed. Right now I'm sending out 3-5 perfect IV'd vulpix. Some of them have drought. They're my breeding rejects.

Mp3beast

Master of Sound
Years
I usually send out Gravelers, because the back when I first started using wondertrade, I got a Pumpkinbo(?) and it evolved. I was so happy, I wanted to send out a bunch of evolve-trade Pokemon too, so yay for good trades! (P.S. They're always at least level 40, we all hate those Fletchling/Bidoof/whatever people)

Back