• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: CSS Help.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The way I learned to use CSS on PC for the first time was from this. Although it was more towards making signatures, but I actually have gone deeper and converted them to CSS posts in the past. It's all about coding, really. Have you also taken a look at the CSS Help thread? Maybe that could also give you a boost up as well. Check it out

Specifically, are you having trouble with just altering codes?

Last edited:

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
Years
No, I don't know even where to start, it looks like jumbled text.I know this doesn't mean anything,but I want to be a graphic designer, and I may need this, and also, for my trade thread I will revive in a few weeks, I had Twilightblade do my CSS and I want to learn how to do It.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
First you get a CSS template for whatever you're doing (if you can't find it then you may ask someone, but don't badger them too much) and then using your fine intelligence understand the concept and eventually settle your doubts, and on the way you'll learn more advanced techniques etc.

It's somewhat a do-it-yourself concept, but you could personally ask someone for help!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly I've always found the best way to learn CSS is to take a pre-made code and edit it yourself to see what happens. For example, use this basic code [cd="height: 100px; width: 100px; background-color: red; padding: 5px; border-size: 5px; border: solid; border-color: black;"]HI THIS IS TEXT[/cd] and it becomes:

HI THIS IS TEXT

Then try changing around some of the values. For example I'll change 'height: 100px' to 'height: 30px' and 'background-color: red' to 'background-colour: blue' to get this:

HI THIS IS TEXT

A shorter box with a blue background. Or you can change the padding from 5px to 25 px to get this:

HI THIS IS TEXT

A box where the text starts further in from the borders (AKA padding).

And then just try editing some numbers or fields until you start to see what different things do. Then once you've gotten the basics of editing CSS down, take a look at a thread like this to see other fields that you can add in, such as linking a background image for the CSS. And of course you've got a whole community here to help you if you get stuck so don't hesitate to ask if you need help understanding something. :)

pokemonranger109

Jirachi Know-It-All From Birth
Years
Honestly I've always found the best way to learn CSS is to take a pre-made code and edit it yourself to see what happens. For example, use this basic code [cd="height: 100px; width: 100px; background-color: red; padding: 5px; border-size: 5px; border: solid; border-color: black;"]HI THIS IS TEXT[/cd] and it becomes:

HI THIS IS TEXT

Then try changing around some of the values. For example I'll change 'height: 100px' to 'height: 30px' and 'background-color: red' to 'background-colour: blue' to get this:

HI THIS IS TEXT

A shorter box with a blue background. Or you can change the padding from 5px to 25 px to get this:

HI THIS IS TEXT

A box where the text starts further in from the borders (AKA padding).

And then just try editing some numbers or fields until you start to see what different things do. Then once you've gotten the basics of editing CSS down, take a look at a thread like this to see other fields that you can add in, such as linking a background image for the CSS. And of course you've got a whole community here to help you if you get stuck so don't hesitate to ask if you need help understanding something. :)

Cool, Thank you for this also, thanks everyone for trying to help.
How would you make one with pictures such as pokemon, though?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Cool, Thank you for this also, thanks everyone for trying to help.
How would you make one with pictures such as pokemon, though?
Do you mean using a Pokémon picture as the background, or just a CSS box with Pokémon in it? I'll show you both. To use a picture as the CSS's background, just add the field background-image: url('URL GOES HERE'); into the CSS code. So for example, if I wanted to use this as the background I'd have to change the code to include background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/pgthO5U.png');, which would make it: [cd="height: 100px; width: 100px; background-color: red; padding: 5px; border-size: 5px; border: solid; border-color: black; background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/pgthO5U.png');"]HI THIS IS TEXT[/cd].

HI THIS IS TEXT

If however you just want to add an image into the CSS, just add the picture in like you would with text. So [cd="height: 150px; width: 150px; background-color: red; padding: 5px; border-size: 5px; border: solid; border-color: black;"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pgthO5U.png[/IMG][/cd] would become:

pgthO5U.png

Hope that helps answer your question, happy to explain further if needed though. :)

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
No, I don't know even where to start, it looks like jumbled text.I know this doesn't mean anything,but I want to be a graphic designer, and I may need this, and also, for my trade thread I will revive in a few weeks, I had Twilightblade do my CSS and I want to learn how to do It.

Have you heard about code academy? http://www.codecademy.com/

They have a neat section on HTML and CSS. HTML is easy to learn, and you are going to need to at least understand it to be able to use CSS. It's where I would recommend someone to start out if they are not sure what they are doing.

It's pretty simple once you learn how to use tags. <html><body><p> Remember to always close each tag in order, otherwise the coding won't work. </p></body></html>

Back