• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'll always have you... as a tattoo.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Tattoos have been an important part of culture since practically forever. Although in today's time they have shifted to be more of an individual meaning rather than cultural one, people are still hooked. I know I am, and I just got my first one! Injecting ink into the dermis, however, is not that easy, so tattoo guns tend to sting a little(or a lot... depending on what you get and where) when they are being applied. I guess though, that I prefer this method over any other crazy method like burning or scarring... :s A tattoo is permanent, but at least it looks like art and not just body mutilation. Anyway, I'm rambling now, aren't I? I'm just really excited about my first tattoo.

How do you feel about tattoos in general?
Do you have any tattoos? What of? What do they mean? If not, why not? And what do you want, if anything?
Did it hurt getting the tattoo? If you don't have one, do you think that it will?
Post a picture?

How do you feel about tattoos in general? I have no issue. I think that they are pretty cool and if someone wants one, who really cares? I really dislike all the discrimination that surrounds getting inked, but I guess I deal with it by knowing that I am not one of those people doing the discrimination. They definitely need more acceptance in the work place, but its not really THAT big of a deal, especially compared to the other social issues that perturb me.

Do you have any tattoos? What of? What do they mean? If not, why not? And what do you want, if anything? I just got my first one like yesterday. It is a pure red flamel--which, if you are a fan of FMA, you will recognize as the tattoo upon Izumi's collarbone or the design emblazoned on Edward's coat. While it happens to be a similar symbol, my tattoo does not have the crown or wings, which is my way of saying that while FMA has it, the symbol is not particularly from it. A flamel was one of the symbols that Nicolas Flamel, the Father of Alchemy, had inscribed on his grave. Bearing a crucified snake nailed to cross, it represents "fixing the volatile" which is a step necessary to Alchemists who want to construct mercury's elixir.
Did it hurt getting the tattoo? If you don't have one, do you think that it will? It hurt in that it was a tattoo, but it honestly wasn't that bad. With the way that my mom, sisters, and friends handled getting theirs... I was expecting waaaaaaaaaaaay worse. I'm not gonna lie, there are times when it hurt, but it was definitely a mangeable pain. It wasn't some excruciating ailment that disabled me, but it also isn't something that I could sit pleasantly through. For my first tattoo though, the worst that happened is the pain made me curse :b
Post a picture?
Spoiler:

Years
I didn't grow up around tattoos, so I see no need to get them. I don't like how tattoo's are permanent though. I've made some permanent adjustments to my own body that I'm not very impressed with. For me, tattoos limit my freedom of expression because it's not so simple to get rid of one. I change my desktop wallpaper every couple of weeks, so I doubt that I can appreciate a tattoo of my own for long.

Nice tattoo though.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I don't really care what someone else wants to plaster on their body- unless I'm involved with them. Personally, I prefer tattoos with meaning, over something just for style.

Do you have any tattoos? What of? What do they mean? If not, why not? And what do you want, if anything?
I don't have one, but I wouldn't want to have one. My style and my mood change a lot, so I doubt I would be happy with one design for a long time. I know, saying that.. I change my sig and avatar like once every three years.. but I still eventually change it!

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I do not really mind tattoos on other people it is there choice to have them. If I was brave enough I would get an Curtis Talli one done on my arm. but as I do not like pain and I hear it really hurts I will not get my Talli Done.

Years
I don't care what people do to their own body but personally I find them unattractive. It's definitely not something I'd ever consider doing, though they're nowhere as bad as, say, nose piercings (not to offend anyone, of course).

Years
I think that tattoos are a good way to wear your heart on your sleeve (with some people taking that more literal than others), but they can really be hit and miss. A lot of people don't put enough research into finding a good tattoo artist to get their work done, or like Insomniac said, there are many others that get them while they're under the influence of something, and it can leave you that you'll regret doing for the rest of your life. Case in point- my sister got a tattoo that says "No Regrets" on her wrist. Guess how she felt about it a couple of months down the line? Sure, you can get a tattoo removed, but it costs a lot more and is much more painful than getting it in the first place.

As for myself, I can't really see me getting any tattoos. I guess it's fun to think about what I could get and where, but I can't say I feel strongly enough about anything to have it permanently placed on my body.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I don't mind 'em. I want one or two, but not in really obvious areas like my forearms or something. Definitely not anywhere on my legs. I kind of laugh at some tattoo ideas since they seem really stupid and people act surprised when they get butchered.

Nope, not a single one on me. My brother has the New York Yankees symbol on his arm and the outline of a cross on his back, though. He planned on getting it as a memorial for our grandmother except he never got the rest of it and it's been like a year. I, personally, want a Fairy Tail guild emblem because a couple of my friends got them.

Did it hurt getting the tattoo? If you don't have one, do you think that it will?
I think it will, but I'll go through it anyway because it won't be as bad as some things.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Tattoo General Thread

As of now I don't really have any tattoos to show, but I've been saving up money on a second bank account for about 2 years to pay for it and I've been planning for about 4 years now, since I was 16, I'll probably start getting it when I'm 22 and it'll probably take like 5 years to get done. Want to get a Full Back Tattoo, both half sleeves (shoulders and running about 12cm down the arm so it can be hidden with a normal tshirt), maybe a bit on the sides and a few small things on the chest.

About this size:
Spoiler:

Image purely for example purpose

I don't plan on having just a single big tattoo tho, I want to have a big Cthulhu on the back but I don't want just one image, was thinking more about having a lot of stuff that's been important on my life thrown at it one way or another, definetly having a pin up girl for example and the logos of a few bands like Tool / A Perfect Circle and something from Daft Punk... Pokemon related, I definetly want a Crobat going out of a Masterball (because who wouldn't catch a zubat with a masterball, you know you would!) and a Gengar, if not just the face somewhere then something in the lines of this image.

tumblr_m1mea4e0Tm1r9ij18o1_500.jpg

Have any thoughts on Tattoos? Have any Tattoos? Let's share!
Also, general tattoo thread, post tattoos you like, your experiences and what-not(?)

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I think tattoos are dumb and I don't really see the need to have someone draw on my skin.

I've never really thought that they look good on anyone, either.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
I think tattoos are dumb and I don't really see the need to have someone draw on my skin.

I've never really thought that they look good on anyone, either.

Well, thanks for your feedback I guess haha, we all have different tastes at the very end, I don't have anything against tattoos that are made in easy to hide places and such but I do hate face, neck, wrist tattoos, not really good places, but I do really like tattoos :)

Years
I'm neutral on tattoos and piercings.. although I don't like those who have tattoos and piercings in excess because it ruins their skin, IMO.

My parents have restricted me (and even my brother, who is 10 years older than me) on getting tattoos. Same with piercings. Though both seem to be in rather large fashion these days, it's just my parents are behind in times. D;

I don't really mind people who have maybe 1-3 tattoos, but it also depends on what the tattoos represent. For example, if someone has a tattoo with a drug reference, those I frown at, but if it's something personal or just a cool design (such as an animal or a flower) I think those are cool.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I want to get a tattoo. Something simple on my arm like an armband. Maybe something on my back too eventually, as well.

When I get married I want to have a ring or their initial on my ring finger, also.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Why would you want to hide it? Ideally I would get it in replacement of a wedding ring.

Honest

Hi!
Years
There's actually already a tattoo thread that's open currently, located right here. Feel free to post there, I'm going to close this. For the record, though, that Gengar as a tattoo would be pretty awesome.

-locked.

Actually, after thinking about it, I'm going to merge this thread with the other one, and change the title so people know what it's about at first glance. Keep the conversation going!

Last edited:

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
Exactly my thoughts on it Insomniac, you do what you like the most :) If leaving your body as it is, is what you like the most, then so be it.
One's just gotta think this kind of things through, regretting is not an option.

PD: Thanks for the merge Bloodex! And the title change!

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I've always loved Russian prison tattoos and traditional scarring and stuff of tribal peoples, simply because these tend to be unique and tell stories about a person's life. As far as branding yourself with pop images, overused designs, and all this other gimmicky stuff, it just seems so trashy.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
Years
I believe that anything that has value and meaning to you and can reflect your own life or personality is a great tattoo. I wouldn't get a pre-designed tattoo, but just because other people have similar designs, as long as it means something to me, I'd wear it with pride.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Ooh wow, I'd started reconsidering getting some tattoos just the other day.

I'd decided to get one a while back but changed my mind on getting that particular one done, and then started to question whether I wanted any at all, but now I'm back to wanting some done.

The last design I was thinking of getting done was something I'd made myself in memory of a good friend who I no longer have contact with, but yeah I've since gone off it. I'm still thinking of getting something done for them though, just a better design.

These new ones I want to get done though are based on lists of cryptic reminders I make for myself regarding self betterment and my own mental health. These lists have become an incredibly important part of my life, have spurred an incredible amount of change in myself for the better and I can see them remaining this important for the rest of my life. For this reason I want to get the most important, poignant and long lasting entries of these lists as tattoos. I already regularly have the more important ones constantly written on my arms or hands in biro, which is where the idea came from.

The twist is though, they aren't just going to be cryptic in how they are written but in-fact in a uniquely designed typeface/language (so far it's just a typeface) accompanied with a book that I shall write that will function as a way to translate them and also go into their meanings in more detail. The idea is to have them appear to be some kind of ancient writings though, the book being very worn and ancient looking and also adding a certain amount of lore surrounding them.

The book will also only ever be given to the few select people that I trust completely, If they ever ask to know the meaning of the tattoos, as most are going to be extremely sensitive in nature.

uhhh.. to answer the questions though:

I'm completely with you on this ANARCHit3cht.

See the wall above.

I'm betting it'll hurt a bit, especially considering some of the loactions I'm considering getting them, but I reckon' it'll be a good kind of pain as it'll be associated with getting something so important to me permanently marked on my skin.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
What do I feel about tattoos?
I fully support them! It's a form of expression, I don't mind people having tattoos. Also I actually find them quite attractive in most cases. Anyone may see a tattoo and think its stupid, but usually it's important to the person who has it. I just think they are an amazing way of self expression.

Do I have any? And do I want one?
Nope, it's illegal for me to have a tattoo! I want one though, so far I have 3 small ones. I want a star on the side if my left wrist similar to what Avril Lavigne has, and yes you may think that I will regret it, but I won't. Avril Lavigne was my first musical idol and inspiration her music cheers me up even now where I have calmed my obsession. And I have always drawn a star there. I would want something to do with Tonight Alive, they are my favourite band and my idols and inspirations I have seen them live 3 times my 4th time later this year and I met the bass player. There music it never fails to make me smile and they are genuine real people not only through there music. I might get there logo and lyrics or maybe if they wrote me out a line from one of there songs I would get that. If I have children I'll get there names

Do I think it'll hurt?
Coming from the girl who almost fainted when getting her ears pierced. Yes... I am a wimp and yeah. But I still want a tattoo, I'm also getting a nose peircing at the beginning of the six weeks summer holiday. That'll be fun....

Back