• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The official NA release date for this game was yesterday, although retail stores throughout Canada have had it selling since last week. Not to mention US shipments from Nintendo have been delayed for some mysterious reason. If you can't wait a couple more days then you can always purchase it off the e-shop.

Anyways, before the X/Y announcement this was pretty much my main reason for buying 3DS. So for those who've played it (even the demo) what are your impressions? Any improvements over previous titles?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
The demo pretty much confirmed that this would be my favorite Fire Emblem title, and after buying it, it certainly holds true. I bought (and downloaded) the game a little over an hour after it came out, and man is it fun. Apart from it looking amazing and being presented to a wonderful agree, the additions, such as the number of difficulties, pretty much all of the wifi features, the "pairing up" ability, the skills- everything added works so well.

Apart from that, the game looks great, and the cutscenes are done in a 2D/psuedo-3D mesh that gives them a unique feel. The story...well, I can't really comment. I'm not too far into it so far, but I do like the story and the bold steps it took. It's not particularly like the other entries in the series, but at the same time, it still feels like Fire Emblem, which is a good thing.

...So yeah, it's fun, and I recommend it to anyone and everyone who has a 3DS to get it.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
If anybody needs an interesting support pairing they should try Lon'qu and Maribelle because I found their support conversations surprisingly intimate and engaging.

I was really hoping that the game would inspire new people into the series. After the reception I've seen so far, I think that's going to ring true and that's something I'm excited for. Fire Emblem could always use more love.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I had never played a Fire Emblem game prior to trying out the demo and actually ended up loved it. I'm seriously considering shelling out the $40 and getting it. I heard you can end up marrying characters? Also, how's the actual customization? The demo was, well a demo, pretty limited in that regard.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
As I have yet to play the game either (due to delayed shipments) I was wondering about the marriage aspect of this game too. It's not the first FE game to do it, but I assume it's similar in the way the process is done. Does every female character get an offspring or is it only limited to plot important characters?

Years
As I have yet to play the game either (due to delayed shipments) I was wondering about the marriage aspect of this game too. It's not the first FE game to do it, but I assume it's similar in the way the process is done. Does every female character get an offspring or is it only limited to plot important characters?

Going entirely off of what I've read, it pretty much works the same as it did in FE4, yes. All female characters can have children, but a few have to be paired with MyUnit/Avatar in order to do so.

Meanwhile, I still don't have my game. I was told my Gamestop would have more today, which they did, but they got two copies- both of which were preorders. After this, they still have four preorders to fill. I'm honestly starting to believe the theory that Nintendo is purposely doing this to push eShop sales.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Meanwhile, I still don't have my game. I was told my Gamestop would have more today, which they did, but they got two copies- both of which were preorders. After this, they still have four preorders to fill. I'm honestly starting to believe the theory that Nintendo is purposely doing this to push eShop sales.

Kinda the same thing I was told. Called Monday to see if they had it (I did reserve it), and they said no due to a shipping delay, and to call again Friday. So I checked again today and the guy said they had two copies earlier this morning but were already gone. :paranoid: He added that I should try again around the same time next week too...lol.

Sure, I can purchase it over the eshop, but I really would like the artbook. I also don't really feel like driving all over Miami checking every Best Buy, Walmart, K-mart, etc hoping to come across it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I got married pretty early on (no kids yet), it was mostly for stat reasons, and I wasn't sure I was going to keep it, but I ended up staying with the person I'm with. I really like how the social aspects are incorporated in this entry, they're pretty similar to Social Links from the Persona series (though I'm not sure if 1 and 2 had S.Links). Though I've gotta say, I wish there were more Social Ranks. I realize that things are the way they are for balancing reasons, but it'd be nice if we could see more interaction between the characters (other than the barracks). It's a minor thing, though, and it's still an enjoyable experience.

I will say that this is an amazing game, though. I've been playing this game quite a bit since it came out, and I'll definitely say that it's my favorite entry in the series. It makes quite a few innovations that enhance the experience, side missions and side battles make the game last longer, and the characters are very enjoyable (which is a rare sight in a game with so many characters). Heck, I'd go as far as to say that it's my favorite 3DS game so far.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'm considering just buying it through the nintendo eshop or whatever. Have any of you tried it?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I'm considering just buying it through the nintendo eshop or whatever. Have any of you tried it?
I'd recommend it; getting it through the eshop, I mean. It's a great game, and if you like Fire Emblem (or Strategy RPGs in general), you'll definitely love this. I was actually quite shocked at how much I like it, because I'd never been so engaged in a Fire Emblem title as much as this one. So far I've got 21 hours in and have only done 10 story missions, which is a good sign that there's a lot to do and that the pacing is dependent on the player, rather than the game itself. The gameplay is fun and innovative, the music is good, the characters are surprisingly interesting, and the story is pretty engaging.

Seriously, buy it now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Going entirely off of what I've read, it pretty much works the same as it did in FE4, yes. All female characters can have children, but a few have to be paired with MyUnit/Avatar in order to do so.

Why Gamestop? My boyfriend had no problem with getting one at Target on release day.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I'd recommend it; getting it through the eshop, I mean. It's a great game, and if you like Fire Emblem (or Strategy RPGs in general), you'll definitely love this. I was actually quite shocked at how much I like it, because I'd never been so engaged in a Fire Emblem title as much as this one. So far I've got 21 hours in and have only done 10 story missions, which is a good sign that there's a lot to do and that the pacing is dependent on the player, rather than the game itself. The gameplay is fun and innovative, the music is good, the characters are surprisingly interesting, and the story is pretty engaging.

Seriously, buy it now.

:0 will probably get it tomorrow then after I finish some class stuff.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
I've been playing the game (Sat in the middle of a mall for two hours stealing people's open wifi ;p) and I honestly have to say this game is glorious.

Being a fan of the series prior to this game, i say this is the best installment ever.If you were a fan of the series and are contemplating shelling out the $40, or want to get the $200 bundle, I say its well worth it.

The story caught my attention in a way i never thought was possible. I'll just say it's a very small, yet vast world we live in.

The support system/pairing units works so well, that the only thing that adds to the strategy is if you paired a healer with an attack unit ,but you cant use the healer to HEAL your partner.And with the marrying system, that feature is very innovative, especially with which units you choose as a player to help your child grow to become.I plan on trying out various combinations because i LOL'ed at my MU paring with Sully conversation( Each character has a special voiceover cutscene when they are wedding the MU and its a great feature)

And as for the gameplay, the menu system was re innovated but still has its classic style as well, which works excellently.And the new classes make for a better variety, It's seriously hard to choose what units i want in battle now xD.

All in all, I absolutely love this game and do not regret buying it at all.In fact, I bout a 3DS XL when i found out the release date in january and tried to lull my way through the time playing Pokemon White 2.Havent touched it since monday, and probably wont give me the same enjoyment until X/Y lol.

Years
Why Gamestop? My boyfriend had no problem with getting one at Target on release day.

Aside from Gamestop, my only other options are Walmart(none of the two in the area have it, though) and K-Mart (haven't checked there yet). There isn't a Target, Best Buy, or any other place that sells video games anywhere near where I live. Plus, I actually don't have enough money for it (which is why I can't just get it online somewhere), so I have to trade some games in. If anything, I'll trade some games in for cash at Gamestop and get it somewhere else if I do manage to find it, but Gamestop is just the most convenient place for me to get it.

And of course, I could get it off the eShop, but it would take up the rest of my SD Card, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Aside from Gamestop, my only other options are Walmart(none of the two in the area have it, though) and K-Mart (haven't checked there yet). There isn't a Target, Best Buy, or any other place that sells video games anywhere near where I live. Plus, I actually don't have enough money for it (which is why I can't just get it online somewhere), so I have to trade some games in. If anything, I'll trade some games in for cash at Gamestop and get it somewhere else if I do manage to find it, but Gamestop is just the most convenient place for me to get it.

And of course, I could get it off the eShop, but it would take up the rest of my SD Card, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.
Don't do that, you'll only get $5 for your $60 game!

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Are there any characters from previous games that I'm supposed to know about, or is this game basicly a fresh start?

The demo is my only exposure to Fire Emblem, aside from Smash Bros.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Are there any characters from previous games that I'm supposed to know about, or is this game basicly a fresh start?

The demo is my only exposure to Fire Emblem, aside from Smash Bros.
The game takes place many years after all of the games, so you'll be fine. Though, knowing who Marth is wouldn't hurt.

There is one thing to note: there are special teams from the other games. They don't play a part in the story, but it wouldn't hurt to know who they are, though they kind of tell you about themselves when you fight them, but they don't tell you much.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
The game takes place about 1000 years after the last game in the timeline, so most of the old games are legends and don't have a direct bearing on the story - though the fact that the world hasn't developed at all in that time opens a whole other can of worms.

Also the DLC maps are a great way to grind, both levels and support. COMBAT MATCH-MAKING ALL DAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back